Andre Ward (Olympic Gold Medalist Boxer) Praises Nate's Boxing Skills

HealthyOmnivore

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A lot of people are underestimating Diaz. I know this will be a good fight.

Good and simple breakdown of Nick and Nate and how they differ as boxers from an absolutely amazing boxer.

a guy nate trains/trained with is praising his boxing?

take it with a grain of salt

now saenchai praising conors hands is something else

Pacman, Tyson and De La Hoya praised the hands of Ronda Rousey.

Didn't do her one bit of good against Holly Holm.

ronda-rousey-memes_9.jpg

a guy nate trains/trained with is praising his boxing?

take it with a grain of salt

now saenchai praising conors hands is something else
You tend to know a lot more about a guy you train with. Ward could remain silent about their boxing, he doesn't have to expand on it.

I think Ward could have been the best of his era but then he went the inactive/whining route. Still excellent boxer of course.

You tend to know a lot more about a guy you train with. Ward could remain silent about their boxing, he doesn't have to expand on it.
im just saying its not exactly anything excited to get about ...you expect someone you train with to praise you before a fight

the biggest thing people are overlooking is his tendency to get flat footed and plod

Ward is the best of his era in his division. Sucks he never fights.
I remember when he was an amateur, I could not wait for him to go pro.
What a disappointment that he has let so much time slip by.

Anyone know what Patrick Hyland says about Conor?

On full training camp nate beats conor. Needs to caesar jui jitsu that irish ass

im just saying its not exactly anything excited to get about ...you expect someone you train with to praise you before a fight

the biggest thing people are overlooking is his tendency to get flat footed and plod
Nate's arms are longer than Conor's feet arms. Woop. He can plod forward all night and fight from range. He doesn't need to close distance, Conor does. And you don't really want to get inside on a dude with a nasty ground game like Nate either, because he has sick trips and is pretty solid at getting the underhooks in as well. Grab those and jump guard and it will be a short night.

Nate poses a lot of problems on short notice or a full camp. Won't find me giving Conor credit much, but I think he is the tougher fight than Cerrone would be.

They're both limited, but there are aspects of boxing that both the brothers are far more comfortable with and better at than the majority of MMA fighters. If neither brother has to go out and find their opponent (and I don't think Nate will against Conor), they're very difficult to beat. Nate is always going to get hit a fair amount, but he pretty soundly outboxed a well above average MMA boxer (who was also a southpaw with decent counter punching ability and real power) in his last fight. He's an interesting challenge for Conor, especially with the way he largely controlled the fight against another southpaw in Johnson from round 2 onwards with his lead hand. Conor has never showcased much of a lead hand, even when he has fought other southpaws, and that could be a real factor in this fight. Much of this is dependent on Nate being in half decent shape, though.

Nate's arms are longer than Conor's feet arms. Woop. He can plod forward all night and fight from range. He doesn't need to close distance, Conor does. And you don't really want to get inside on a dude with a nasty ground game like Nate either, because he has sick trips and is pretty solid at getting the underhooks in as well. Grab those and jump guard and it will be a short night.

Nate poses a lot of problems on short notice or a full camp. Won't find me giving Conor credit much, but I think he is the tougher fight than Cerrone would be.
76 inch to 74 inch isnt some huge discrepancy

conor is going to dance around nate...not stand in front of him like MJ did..like cerrone did

76 inch to 74 inch isnt some huge discrepancy

conor is going to dance around nate...not stand in front of him like MJ did..like cerrone did
Those numbers aren't even close to accurate. Either way, Diaz isnt going to be diving into any counter left.

Back