Andre Berto

JoeyIsKing

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Rising MMA star Edson Berto's brother won tonight on ESPN's Friday night fights. Andre Berto in now undefeated at 19-0. He is welterweight contender from Winter Haven, Fl.

Ehhh... Now we see that he has a ***** in his armor. Cosme is not a big puncher and he hurt and knockdown Berto with an uppercut. Then again, it could be a lucky shot. I like to see Berto against a devastating puncher soon.

It was a workmanlike performance but Berto still has a long way to go. He doesn't do nearly enough bodywork, and can be hurt by a mediocre puncher. He also doesn't hit as hard as he thinks he does, as Rivera is tough, but has been KOed by good punchers.

And from what I recall, Cosme has only been KOed once and that was by the fast handed zab judah.

Cosme is a good gatekeeper fighter. If you are a fluke prospect (e.g., Hercules Kyvelos, james hare), he will find out.

I believe he's been stopped on cuts on two occasions, but I can't be sure.

He got careless and got hit with a shot that he did not see. If he does indeed fight Estrada it will be a hard test.

Just checked boxrec to make sure. Cosme has only been KOed once by Zab Judah. He is a pretty solid fighter.

By the way, I felt Cosme deserve the W against Joel Julio. yeah, I said it...

Just checked boxrec to make sure. Cosme has only been KOed once by Zab Judah. He is a pretty solid fighter.

Good call. None the less if Berto was any kind of puncher, the shots he did land on Cosme would have done a lot more than they appeared to. He still has a long ways to go. As it stands I don't like his chances against any puncher he comes up against. He's very sloppy defensively and it'll cost him.

Zab can punch. Just as not as hard as some believe. I honestly don't feel he can punch harder than Joel Julio or Andre Berto at Welterweight. However, speed kills and what you don't see coming always drop you.

See, I don't get that argument, sure the speed is clearly "part" of it, but if speed is all you have you're not going to KO anyone, look at Meldrick Taylor. I'm sure lot's of guys couldn't see his punch coming. Power is a combination of speed and force, if you knock guys out partially due to speed, that's still power, afterall speed is a[part of power.

Anyhow Berto has incredibly quick hands himself, I actually thought he'd KO Cosme.

I said Zab had pop. However, he doesn't have that same pop he had at 140.

Why isn't Berto considered among the biggest punchers Mayweather faced? They always bring up Mosley or Maidana

The eyes don't lie, nor do the stats. He is clearly up there.

Wins 32
Wins by KO 24

Mayweather refused to answer who it was, other than that it wasn't Mosley or Maidana

Interesting to see this thread pulled up from the bowels of hell lol. I was a pretty big fan of Cosme Rivera. In his prime he was one of those super duper tough journeymen. Darnell Boone, Zack Page, Cosme Rivera, I always loved those type of guys

Back