Andrade is the first

I was just saying this in another thread.

Conor's not exactly the first though. Cannonier beat him to it. He started as a HW and has finishes all the way down to MW. And technically before both was Vitor. But still, huge and rare accomplishment

I wanted to say Rumble. But he fought HW for a different promotion. And his one MW bout he let Vitor choke him out.

Frankie Edgar Not finished in each but wins and will eventually have a finish at 135.

It’s a lot easier to do it in the women’s divisions which are shallow and that’s being kind

Cerrone has 12 UFC fights at WW. How many fights do you need to qualify? By your logic Conor is still a Featherweight
What? He beat Diaz at WW, hes going to fight Poirer at WW. My point is he is fighting LWs at WW. Not legit welterweights......

I just think it's kind of dumb for him to say he has finishes at WW, when he is finishing bloated LWs at WW.

Reactions: lsa
What? He beat Diaz at WW, hes going to fight Poirer at WW. My point is he is fighting LWs at WW. Not legit welterweights......

I just think it's kind of dumb for him to say he has finishes at WW, when he is finishing bloated LWs at WW.

Conor's not a WW for sure. Cerrone on the other hand is a legit WW, he's beaten some big guys and has 12 fights there in the UFC.

The fight was at welterweight and he finished it how can that not count while being unbiased? Cerrone has fought welterweights many times. Legit ones like lawler too

Tbf there should be an asterisk against Andrarde's achievement given everyone bar Valentina at 125 is a total and utter can. I'd expect any of the elite 115ers to do beat the cans of 125 too, ditto any half decent 135er who can make the cut without compromising themselves too badly.

Back