Anderson's strange losses

The losses from Anderson are a bit unluckily. But he showed a perfect example that anything can happen in mma, no matter how good you are.
But his first loss against Weidman was just stupid from himself and totally unnecessary.

But, man was it sweet to watch :icon_twis

I'm a big UFC fan and Anderson Silva fan. His comeback is gunna be INSANE. He's gunna drop sum fools.

Rewatch the fight and the score cards could have easily been in Chonans favor.

These losses were a long time ago and before he left to join Nogueira and work harder on his ground game.

The announcers were saying Chonan was ahead on the score card, based on what i saw, Chonan got some takedowns and lnpd for the majority of the second round, plus Silva had a yellow card(point deduction?), other than that I was scoring for Silva midway through the third.

The announcers were saying Chonan was ahead on the score card, based on what i saw, Chonan got some takedowns and lnpd for the majority of the second round, plus Silva had a yellow card(point deduction?), other than that I was scoring for Silva midway through the third.

Yeah the yellow card is supposed to be a point deduction but because they score the fight as a whole instead of round to round the point deduction thing never really seems to come in play.

That's he why isn't the GOAT. Fedor and GSP have losses to more respectable competition.

A thinly veiled attempt at saying that Anderson fought mediocre competition.

He wasn't as good back then when he lost to takase, chonen and azeredo

Pride was fixed most of the time, but that clearly was a legit loss for Silva. Chonan was losing on the scorecards and had nothing to lose, so he tried something people normally wouldn't without even setting it up and actually succeeded.

PRIDE was not "fixed most of the time". LOL. Dafuq are you guys on.

Early PRIDE had a few fixed fights with Japanese superstars. That's about it.

None of Anderson's losses were fixed.

That's he why isn't the GOAT. Fedor and GSP have losses to more respectable competition.

Laughable statement. Just because the aren't "big" names doesn't mean they weren't respectable losses. Plus, Anderson is far more deserving of GOAT status that GSP.

Pride was fixed most of the time, but that clearly was a legit loss for Silva. Chonan was losing on the scorecards and had nothing to lose, so he tried something people normally wouldn't without even setting it up and actually succeeded.

Bullshit. Guys don't stomp on each others heads and get their faces turned into hamburger when a fight is fixed. Some fights were rigged, sure, but to say it was most of the time is ridiculous. You just haven't watched.

Chonan could have easily been winning that fight btw.

Laughable statement. Just because they they aren't "big" names doesn't mean they aren't respectable. Plus, Anderson is far more deserving of GOAT status that GSP.

Yeah. Takase was respectable with his 4-7 record. Now that is laughable.

Losing to Werdum, Bigfoot, Hendo, Hughes and Serra is alot more respectable than losing to Azeredo, Takase and Chonan. Come on now. It's not even close.

And GSP avenged his losses.

The big issue is style and gameplan, even moreso early in his career Anderson had very specific strengths and weaknesses.

Yeah. Takase was respectable with his 4-7 record. Now that is laughable.

Losing to Werdum, Bigfoot, Hendo, Hughes and Serra is alot more respectable than losing to Azeredo, Takase and Chonan. Come on now. It's not even close.

And GSP avenged his losses.

GSP was a yawn inducing and utterly predictable champion who had ceased to finish his opponents long ago, therefore he is undeserving of GOAT status. In addition to that Anderson's highlight reel is far more impressive that GSP's and his wins are much more indelible.

No matter how beastly you are, there is always a less than stellar guy that can or will give you fits. It's because most of the 50% guys go for broke, while being unorthodox. 30% of all losses are fights the guy should've won. If you think someone's about to shoot and they headkick instead, a connected shin to the face always hurts.

GSP was a yawn inducing and utterly predictable champion who had ceased to finish his opponents long ago, therefore he is undeserving of GOAT status. In addition to that, Anderson's highlight reel is far more impressive that GSP's and his wins are far more indelible.

The fact you've not even attempted to respond to what I wrote previously says alot. Now you're just talking gibberish.

Anderson's losses are really bad in comparison to Fedor's and GSP's.

Factor that in, Anderson only has slightly better comp. than Fedor while GSP has fought better comp. it's why Fedor or GSP is the GOAT.

Cheers

The fact you've not even attempted to respond to what I wrote previously says alot. Now you're just talking gibberish.

Anderson's losses are really bad in comparison to Fedor's and GSP's.

Factor that in, Anderson only has slightly better comp. than Fedor while GSP has fought better comp. it's why Fedor or GSP is the GOAT.

Cheers

Oh really? I may be mistaken but I thought the whole point of a forum was back and forth discussion, it seems like I struck a nerve in breaking down GSP's less than stellar claim as the GOAT.

Cheers.

The losses to Weidman were fluky and came at the end of his career. His other losses were before he became the fully developed GOAT.

Back