Anderson would probably have ran through another LHW champ in Rashad

Stopped after Machida is watered down AS. Machida had extremely good takedown defense. Dictating where the fight took place is huge.

Cheeta couldn't adapt to a simple ass fighting style of Shogun

Cheeta couldn't adapt to a simple ass fighting style of Shogun

A shame Anderson didn’t believe in himself when Shogun said numerous times he would fight him but Anderson was never interested. Not so simple I guess

Rashad- amazing potential. Championship level heart and skill.
Overwhelmingly inconsistent and unmotivated toward the end. He had been in some wars though but I wasent seeing someone who wanted to be there I was seeing someone who was trying really hard to want to be there
It was the injuries, he never really recovered from that and then couldn't get his confidence back. Aside from the complete domination of Cheal he was never the same after the first time he got sidelined by injuries.

Anderson could have been the LHW champ anytime he wanted until Jones became champ.

Anderson destroyed former champ (one fight removed) Forrest and James Irvin confirmed that Rashad ducked him.

Prime Silva beats every MW and LHW ever except perhaps prime Jones.
Yeah, probably but DC and Rashad in their primes would always be tough fights and as much as it pains me to say it since Anderson is my all time favorite Jones destroys him and also destroys my second favorite Fedor prime for prime.

Jon may not be the most likable guy but he is the best MMAist we've ever seen to date.

There’s a reason that Silva didn’t move up to LHW and fight for the title. He picked fights that he felt were winnable for him. I suppose if the stars would have aligned better he would have fought Forrest for the belt but otherwise, any of the LHW champs during his prime were not good matchups for him.
Lol, cute narrative but completely false.

He fought Irvin on 3 weeks notice because the UFC asked him to as a free counter to the Fedor Sylvia PPV.

He fought Forrest as what was supposed to be a punishment for the lackluster Leities and Cote fights because Forrest was a huge guy that would "force Anderson to fight".

And he fought Bonnar on 3 weeks notice to save a Brazil PPV that lost it's main event.

He never " picked" any of them, the UFC did. He did however "pick" DC on 27 hours notice after being out of the gym the previous 6 months recovering from surgery.

He also "Never fought for the LHW title" for the same reason Aldo never fought for the LW title, because when they asked for those fights the UFC said they could only have them if they vacated their existing titles first.

And now you know and in the immortal words of GI Joe "Knowing is half the battle". Lol.

If he remembered he was a wresteler and not a striker, he beats him easy.

So anderson would win........

Chael wrestlefucked Anderson and got wrestlefucked by Rashad.
Rashad needs one takedown on Anderson for the first three rounds.
Not very good odds for Anderson

The same Bisping who got KTFO by Silva, but the latter was robbed in the English soil, with Bisping being allowed to back from the dead with no precedent? Yes, the same.
Was it the one where Andy took advantage of Bisping talking to the ref about his mouthpiece, then never followed up and the round ended?And the one where
Bisping scored a knockdown on Silva and won the striking? So the one where Bisping won a unanimous decision?

Anderson would have matrix’d any lhw not named Jon Jones or Daniel Cormier.

Shael can take a punch, Rashad would have done the stanky leg once again. The odds of him avoiding that for 25 minutes would be slim.

Last edited:
A shame Anderson didn’t believe in himself when Shogun said numerous times he would fight him but Anderson was never interested. Not so simple I guess
lol at comparing Anderson to Shogun. This comes from Pride fan.

Yeah, probably but DC and Rashad in their primes would always be tough fights and as much as it pains me to say it since Anderson is my all time favorite Jones destroys him and also destroys my second favorite Fedor prime for prime.

Jon may not be the most likable guy but he is the best MMAist we've ever seen to date.
Fedor wrecks AS. This fight can still happen. Both fighters are beyond damaged but still active.

Rashad matches up very well with Anderson

Fedor wrecks AS. This fight can still happen. Both fighters are beyond damaged but still active.
I don't disagree with that at any point in either guys career. Fedor is a nightmare matchup for Andy.

1. Forrest was the winning the fight against Rashad. You can rewatch the fight here:

In contrast Forrest didn't even land a punch against Anderson.

2. Rashad actually came down to 185, to string a terrible record.

Except for Jones, I don't see any other LHW that stops Anderson.

Shad @ his best could hold Anderson down with wrestling as well or better than Chael.

Shad @ his best could hold Anderson down with wrestling as well or better than Chael.

AS would make a work out of Rashad better than Machida. Machida was poor man's AS.

1. Forrest was the winning the fight against Rashad. You can rewatch the fight here:

In contrast Forrest didn't even land a punch against Anderson.

2. Rashad actually came down to 185, to string a terrible record.

Except for Jones, I don't see any other LHW that stops Anderson.

You are a liar.

Forrest was not winning the fight against Rashad. So your claim and horrible mma match is irrelevant.

BTW Prime Rashad would have beat the shit out of Anderson. Rashad's wrestling was the best in the division at his time, and Anderson would not know how to deal with it.

Not to mention Rashad was just as quick with hand speed with more power.

You are a liar.

Forrest was not winning the fight against Rashad. So your claim and horrible mma match is irrelevant.

BTW Prime Rashad would have beat the shit out of Anderson. Rashad's wrestling was the best in the division at his time, and Anderson would not know how to deal with it.

Not to mention Rashad was just as quick with hand speed with more power.

Forrest was winning the fightin on all the scorecard. He had 2 rounds in the bag. Rashad was getting pushed back and leg kicked for the entire 2 rounds.

Lol at Anderson not showing any interest in fighting Shogun

Lol at Anderson not showing any interest in fighting Shogun

SHogun was in the spotlight for 5 minutes, had 0 title defenses. WHen was there ever interest in this fight? Who in their right mind would pick Shogun to beat the best techical striker in the ufc?

SHogun was in the spotlight for 5 minutes, had 0 title defenses. WHen was there ever interest in this fight? Who in their right mind would pick Shogun to beat the best techical striker in the ufc?

Shogun said he would fight him numerous times. What was Anderson’s response?

Lol at Anderson fighting Irvin, Forrest and Bonnar but Shogun isn’t worthy

Forrest was winning the fightin on all the scorecard. He had 2 rounds in the bag. Rashad was getting pushed back and leg kicked for the entire 2 rounds.
Leg Kicked? Forrest landed only 1 leg kick in the entire fight and it was a kick to the body and Rashad didn't even flinch.

Not sure what you mean Rashad was getting pushed back. Getting pushed back don't win fights.

Rashad simply took the first round to figure out how to deal with Forrest reach and time his kicks. Then that's when Rashad caught Forrest leg kick took him down and destroyed him from there.

Back