Anderson would probably have ran through another LHW champ in Rashad

Anderson > Machida even at LHW.

Doesn't look good for Rashad.

Even Anderson has said many times that Machida beats him, and he wasnt just being humble. Anderson is one of the best but sherdog has made him mythical.

This is actually a decent point. Not that I think Rashad would have KOd him but Chael made beating Anderson look easy until he Chaeled himself.

People forget Chael wobbled Anderson standing. Anderson drops his hands badly in anticipation of takedowns. Rashad would have had little trouble putting Anderson on the mat. By the 2nd or 3rd, with rashads hand speed, could have easily caught Silva and Rashad had enough power to buckle rampage’s iron chin. Not sure Rashad would have had the balls to throw enough to land anything meaningful tho.

Prime Anderson wouldve beaten every single fighter on the roster at the time with ease. Everyone knows that but the sport has evolved alot and after seeing what Conor 2.0 did to Cowboy at UFC 245 I dont think anyone can deny thats the highest level of fighting anyone has ever seen.
Are you saying Conor vs Cowboy was the highest level of fighting anyone has ever seen?

Anderson Silva from this time versus Rampage, Rashad, Shogun, Wanderlei, Chuck, etc. Would've been amazing.

Probably?!? He would've made Rashad look really really bad before putting him down.

The only LHW in history that would be favored over a Peak Anderson would be Jones.

Anderson who was a decade past his prime, with a weeks notice coming off surgery still went the distance against 2016 DC, the same guy who would submit Rumble for the 2nd time his very next fight.

Anderson is actually underrated by a large portion of the MMA community, Rashad would've gotten blasted, started talking trash instead of shooting for takedowns and would've eventually gone out on his shield in devastating fashion. It wouldn't even be close at all...

Anderson could have been the LHW champ anytime he wanted until Jones became champ.

Anderson destroyed former champ (one fight removed) Forrest and James Irvin confirmed that Rashad ducked him.

Prime Silva beats every MW and LHW ever except perhaps prime Jones.

Prime Anderson wouldve beaten every single fighter on the roster at the time with ease.

Rashad most likely would not of faired well against Anderson's striking.

Anderson was never scared to fight anyone at LHW that was legit he faced off against Cormier and Forrest. The reason he didn't dedicate full time was simply cause he was the MW champ.

Anderson would matrix Rashad worse that Machida did.

Silva would’ve murked any version of Rashad
<BC1><BC1>
<{silvanormal}><{silvanormal}>
The hate that is held in some hearts over his greatness is incredible.

SecondCriminalFlickertailsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Depends on what Rashad showed up and if he had a good gameplan. I could see Rashad taking a UD against Silva under certain conditions, if he only threw punches to set up takedowns/feints and kept moving and didn't get cocky. I'd tend to favor Anderson though. The height/reach would have made it tough to get enough solid takedowns/takedown pressure to not get tagged by Anderson.

so a guy who fought for many years at WW and at 168 in shooto, who fought a UFC LHW and HW champ on 48 hours notice when he wasn't preparing for a fight and who defended his MW title for 6 years is now "scared" because he didn't fight 205 pound fighters in hypothetical fights he was never offered?

interesting

Probably?!? He would've made Rashad look really really bad before putting him down.

The only LHW in history that would be favored over a Peak Anderson would be Jones.

Anderson who was a decade past his prime, with a weeks notice coming off surgery still went the distance against 2016 DC, the same guy who would submit Rumble for the 2nd time his very next fight.

Anderson is actually underrated by a large portion of the MMA community, Rashad would've gotten blasted, started talking trash instead of shooting for takedowns and would've eventually gone out on his shield in devastating fashion. It wouldn't even be close at all...

Dominick Reyes, Alexander Gustafson, Rumble, DC, and Shogun would all be favored at LHW vs Peak Anderson

Dominick Reyes, Alexander Gustafson, Rumble, DC, and Shogun would all be favored at LHW vs Peak Anderson
I wish I had the energy to entertain you right now, but alas I don't.

I'm just gonna leave this here

Shogun should NEVER be mentioned in the same breath as Andy, just let it go.

20130817_jla_bt1_507-51e18a9c50997d01da531400d78f5a2e

Who the hell has Reyes even beat? I still don't think he even won the Oezdemir fight lol

upload_2020-6-3_23-53-18.png

The last 7 years Gus hasn't even been a .500 fighter, beating Jimi, Glover, and Jan makes you think he'd be favored over PEAK Silva? <45>

Gus literally had to panic wrestle against Jan Blachowicz......
upload_2020-6-3_23-54-48.png

Why can't we just stop the nonsense ???:(

I could easily see that happening. Without mma math

We'll never now.

Shad is KOable, Silva is wresteable. I'd favor Silva but hard to have certainty here

Shogun was coming from surgeries iirc, what happened in the rematch? Franklin too like Forrest was a jack of all trades master off none fighter. 3rd Tito fight was a joke, Tito won that.

Forrest is one of the most overrated fighters. Not even top 10 all time in that division.

Jack of all trades and master of none? So in other words he was a well rounded complete fighter....got it. I dont know how that is suppose to be a criticism.

Shogun was not coming of surgery, but he did train with a knee injury and then had surgery after. But Forrest did beat him and in his prime. And he beat a prime Rampage as well. So by no means is Forrest mid level LHW, at his best he was certainly a top level LHW. He's not overated because no one really considers him a top 5 or 10 all time, but he is a top 15 all time. Most recognize him for his wins over top LHWs and getting the belt.

Rashad was never the same after the Imes fight

Back