Anderson will fight again in May while Bisping will be out 6 months

Where did bisping almost finish him? You mean mean where he was knocked down when he was off balance and immediately nailed bisping in the face with a up kick? Bisping threw tons of punches but didn't even really hit shit.

someone posted something yesterday about a claim that silva fractured his ankle, which is why he wasn't at the post fight

Silva is fading (like all top guys do) but he is still capable of winning back the belt even though odds are against it.

He could still beat anyone on any given night. Same for Fedor actually even though the odds are against it nowadays
no, he isnt. Old fighters who find success rely on an ugly grinding style to slow the fight to where they're comfortable- such as Bernard Hopkins and Randy Couture. They've mastered wily tactics and sneaky tricks to minimize their opponents' ability to land cleanly. Anderson hasn't adapted with age and still thinks he's in the Matrix. He's also lost that champion's aura which intimidated everyone so much they lost the fight before ever stepping in the octagon. Bisping would never find the courage to aggressively stand in the pocket with 2012 Anderson. That mystique was shattered like his leg.

Win or lose its safe to say Anderson suffered a lot less brain damage than Michael last night.

Not knocking out a shot bisping means he can ko anyone? Do silva fanboys even watch mma anymore?
Are you dense? Do you think a person needs a KO win to show others that's something they can do? Silva showed brutal accuracy and damage in his shots, and he left Bisping sitting on the ground drowsy for minutes.

Last time you spoke to me, you created a strawman of my response because your logic fails you. This time your question is already dumb and you don't understand nuance. You're a fool and embarrass yourself everytime you post anything to me. Let's see if you improve this time.

Let's refocus on the point of this thread. It's not title shots, Silva's ability in 2016 or anything else.

QUESTION : What does it say about the scoring system in MMA when, after a five round fight, the 40 year old loser can fight again in two months but the younger winner will be out for much longer?

He got hurt a couple times in the fight so it might not be good to go straight back into a fight. However, time isn't on his side, and age will hurt his chin as well, so I don't see much choice. He should probably get as many fights in before he gets TOO old.

I don't see many good fights for him. Shogun and Machida are booked for Tampa. I guess Mousasi or Uriah Hall are the best options unless there's someone I'm forgetting. I'd pick him to lose both of those fights at this point

Except Bisping?

he KO'd bisping

Lol. Almost but didn't.

7f7hmy8.gif

To the guys saying Silva needs to stop beaing a weirdo ... Sorry, ain't gonna happen.

He's always been super weird. Winning a million fights didn't change it. Losing embarrassingly didn't change it. A globally televised terrible greusome injury didn't change it. Barely winning a boring fight against an unranked MW didn't change it. Popping for benzos and PEDs didn't change it.

Losing to Michael Bisping ain't gonna change it.

If Silva wasn't successful, people would probably think he has legit mental health issues. I personally think that it's his brand of crazy that made him so successful but it's the same thing that is his undoing and tarnishing his previous almost otherworldly successes.

Silva gonna Silva. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Is normal.

Back