Anderson will fight again in May while Bisping will be out 6 months

I will support Anderson until the end, but I can't believe what I'm reading.

What do you think it would have happened in those two rounds if it'd have been Rockhold instead of Bisping?

Now that we've witnessed his reflexes have diminished, I'm not too excited about the idea of a Vitor rematch either.

IMO he should have one more fight in Brazil and call it quits.

I've never said he can beat Rockhold. In fact, I don't think he could.

All I'm saying is that despite winning, Bipsing is so fucked up that he won't be able to fight for six months. Whereas Anderson can fight again in May. For all the talk about diminished reflexes, cracked chin, etc., Anderson took no real damage in this fight.

Man. i though silva had broken his left hand. i was waiting for him to throw it the whole fight and ko bisping. He did but maybe 4 times the entire fight. weird for me.

Dude's going to keep fighting until he reaches 20 losses. What a sad way to end his career.

I don't know that he'll lose again but I sadly agree overall with your assessment. Which ironically makes his fights more exciting. I'm a big fan but I keep thinking he'll get KO'd at any moment. Fucking nail biting!

Nonetheless, my original point stands. He can fight again while Bisping is no shape to fight anytime soon. Can Bisping win his next fight?
its surreal when you think about it. We almost saw Anderson ko'ed tonight by a left hook from pillowfisted Bisping...

Also silva's head got rattled quite a bit. probably more than bisping. silva has a round smooth face that doesn't get cut easy.

anderson fanboys have to be the weirdest fan base i have ever seen. its un fucking real lol

I agree that Bisping won. But if you had to bet who will fight again next, who do you think it will be after tonight?

That's all I'm saying.

I predict he loses his next fight.

The signs were all there tonight. He hasnt changed his style to compensate for his slower reflexes and we saw him get lit up by Bisping for it. Prime Andy wouldnt be touched by those slow, telegraphed punches. We saw the exact same thing happen with Roy Jones- when his speed and reaction were slowed by a millisecond, he became an easy target. After a few losses, that chin shattered into glass.

We saw Anderson's chin lose several fights' worth of durability in this fight. His next opponent is going to prove its gone. He's too old for this style.
Slower reflexes are hard to compensate in striking..

I agree that Bisping won. But if you had to bet who will fight again next, who do you think it will be after tonight?

That's all I'm saying.
well i hope for anderson fanboys sake, he doesnt fight again, cause he would lose to any ranked mw. im sorry, but if you are getting dropped, and tagged, and UD'd by michael "ive never beaten a ranked opponent" bisping...then thats probably a good sign that you're done

Silva is done as a title contender, he should only fight legends or fighters from his generation. Shogun, Rashad, Mousasi, Machida etc. at this point I just want fun fights.

No source.

Anderson said he wants to fight at UFC 198. He certainly can after tonight since he took very little damage.

On the other hand, Bisping will most likely be out 6 months or more. No way he comes back beforehand.

I agree that Bisping won as per the rules. I'm frustrated at Anderson more than anything. But under any other ruleset, Anderson was the winner tonight hands down (pun intended).

Every fighting legend fades toward the end of their career. Chuck, Big Nog, etc. But it would be surreal and hilarious if, unlike those guys, Anderson keeps dropping fights like tonight (losing while still beating the snot out of his opponents).
I would kind of agree if Anderson didn't throw that knee at the end of rd 3 AFTER Herb called STOP.

That's when Anderson started winning and Bisping looked beat up. Without that knee, Bisping wouldn't be bloodied up and would've done the same in round 4-5 as round 1-2

he still lost

Did you forget that Bisping put him on his ass too?

I've never said he can beat Rockhold. In fact, I don't think he could.

All I'm saying is that despite winning, Bipsing is so fucked up that he won't be able to fight for six months. Whereas Anderson can fight again in May. For all the talk about diminished reflexes, cracked chin, etc., Anderson took no real damage in this fight.

Against a fighter not known for his punching power, and he got beat to the punch several times though. Leaving Rockhold aside, he can't afford that against Romero, Weidman, Vitor and even Jacare, that'd be the rest of the top five. An opponent between #10 and 5 in Brazil for his farewell would be the best scenario IMO, but I'm not sure if his pride would allow him to accept it.

I think this post completes what I'm trying to explain.

I predict he loses his next fight.

The signs were all there tonight. He hasnt changed his style to compensate for his slower reflexes and we saw him get lit up by Bisping for it. Prime Andy wouldnt be touched by those slow, telegraphed punches. We saw the exact same thing happen with Roy Jones- when his speed and reaction were slowed by a millisecond, he became an easy target. After a few losses, that chin shattered into glass.

We saw Anderson's chin lose several fights' worth of durability in this fight. His next opponent is going to prove its gone. He's too old for this style.

You are pulling stats out of your arse to suit your agenda.
How do you know bisping will be out for 6 months? You just made it up

Yes, bisping looked busted up, mainly due to his own stupidity in not defending himself properly
That was were most of the damage was done

Anderson will spend the next year crying and making excuses. He went from being a main even on a ppv to fight pass.

I think it's a toss up between shot silva and trt-less vitor but I'd say Vitors chin does hold up better at this point.

Back