**Anderson vs Jones** Poll

same here. I swear he has an app on his computer that beeps when Anderson's name is mentioned so that he can hate and chimes when ken shamrock name is mentioned so that he can praise

I don't what it is with him. Maybe Anderson reminds him of some loser stepdad from his childhood or something.

Well Anderson is 16-0 in the UFC and before that he had victories over number 1 p4p fighter Sakurai, former UFC champion Carlos Newton, Jeremy Horn. He has top 5 wins in 3 weight classes.

thread should have stopped right here.

only people voting for Jones are Anderson haters and how ever many accounts idontbelieveit has

Do you know who was at MW when Rich was the champion? Tanner, Louiso, Quarry and Baroni.

Do you know who was HW champ back then? Tim Sylvia.

LW was a canceled division also.

All divisions back then suck compared to now.

Anderson...for now. Jones will surpass overall in time despite a loss.

5 defenses at LHW > 10 defenses at MW
Rashad, Machida, Shogun, Rampage in a row > Anything anderson has done in his career

You know when your best opponents are guys comming off losses (Forrest, Henderson) or guys with no top wins at MW (Vitor) or guys with more than 10 losses and no major accomplishments (Sonnen) it says a lot about your level of opposition.

Anderson has made a career out of beating mid tier opponents, and he has more low tier fighters in his UFC resume than he has world class. He might be the more decorated fighter, but when looking closer it's beyond obvious his record is padded.

Not to mention Jones is the better fighter. While Anderson gets beaten up by one dimensional wrestlers, Jones is treating elite fighters like kids. While Anderson gets outruck by wrestlers, Jones drops elite strikers, while Anderson clowns guys like Bonnar, Okami, etc. Jones clowns guys like Shogun, Rampage and Rashad.

Anderson is great and all, but competition matters. Being the greatest of a weak division can't take you that far. Not testing himself in deep waters will forever hurt his legacy.

Anderson, and his UFC record is better than his MMA record.

Jones is on his way, he fights in a tougher division and it's only a matter of time he's the best eva, if he keeps this up.

Do you know who was HW champ back then? Tim Sylvia.

LW was a canceled division also.

All divisions back then suck compared to now.

The HW division was far better than the MW division back in the day. Ricco, Mir, Monson, Arlovski, Vera, etc. were all good fighters. Not nearly as good as the Pride HW division but still pretty solid.

Rich Franklin had to defeat 41yr Ken Shamrock and Evan Tanner to win the title. His 2 defenses were against nobodies.

MW has always been one of the weakest if not the weakest division of all.

5 defenses at LHW > 10 defenses at MW
Rashad, Machida, Shogun, Rampage in a row > Anything anderson has done in his career

You know when your best opponents are guys comming off losses (Forrest, Henderson) or guys with no top wins at MW (Vitor) or guys with more than 10 losses and no major accomplishments (Sonnen) it says a lot about your level of opposition.

Anderson has made a career out of beating mid tier opponents, and he has more low tier fighters in his UFC resume than he has world class. He might be the more decorated fighter, but when looking closer it's beyond obvious his record is padded.

Not to mention Jones is the better fighter. While Anderson gets beaten up by one dimensional wrestlers, Jones is treating elite fighters like kids. While Anderson gets outruck by wrestlers, Jones drops elite strikers, while Anderson clowns guys like Bonnar, Okami, etc. Jones clowns guys like Shogun, Rampage and Rashad.

Anderson is great and all, but competition matters. Being the greatest of a weak division can't take you that far. Not testing himself in deep waters will forever hurt his legacy.

True but fighting outside your natural weightclass against smaller fighters diminishes JBJ's record not to mention hes fighting 2 MW's in a row.

Allied to the fact that Shogun/Rampage are at the end of their careers, then JBJ doesnt seem all that impressive.

You're only as good as your competition, the MW division is and always has been a complete joke.

TBH, I think Jones has already beat guys much better than anyone Anderson has. That's just my opinion.

Jones ended the LHW curse, before the belt was being passed like a whore. Jones has pretty much cleaned the LHW despite it being stacked.

I also think why people chose Anderson over Jones is just because people dislike Jones very much and praise Anderson. Instead of Silva fighting lower tier fighters in 205 I would rather see him fight 185ers who would give him a tougher time than a guy like Bonnar.

TBH, I think Jones has already beat guys much better than anyone Anderson has. That's just my opinion.

Jones ended the LHW curse, before the belt was being passed like a whore. Jones has pretty much cleaned the LHW despite it being stacked.

True Jones has 4 Defenses already.

The past 5 LHW champs had a combined 2 defenses.

Rampage-1
Forrest-0
Rashad-0
Machida-1
Rua-0

True but fighting outside your natural weightclass against smaller fighters diminishes JBJ's record not to mention hes fighting 2 MW's in a row.

Allied to the fact that Shogun/Rampage are at the end of their careers, then JBJ doesnt seem all that impressive.

Jones is outside of his natural weight class the same way Anderson is outside his.

Shogun was champ and coming off the best performance of his career. Rampage was coming from 2 good wins against Machida and Hamill.

You want to talk about how they were at the time of the fight or today?

How's Rich doing these days?

Jones is outside of his natural weight class the same way Anderson is outside his.

Shogun was champ and coming off the best performance of his career. Rampage was coming from 2 good wins against Machida and Hamill.

I do think people over did it with the demise of Rampage. His fights against Hamill and Machida were fine imo, just not his best performances ever. Rampage did go into that fight with Jones motivated and in the best shape i ever saw him.

Anderson beat Rich in his prime. Jones beat 3x knee surgery on the shelf for 11 months Shogun and Movie star that doesnt care about fighting Rampage not to mention KO'd by Shogun Lyoto. He did what a HW should do to smaller, battle worn fighters.

The names on his resum

Andy and it's not even close

I agree that it's Anderson, but I disagree that it's not close.

Silva has been fighting the best available for a long time - and crushing them - but the best available for Jones are better than the best of Silva's opponents.

Jones' run of four in 2011 was probably the best single year from any MMA fighter, ever. Hell of a run. In a YEAR.

Jones is younger, fitter, stronger, and I don't think there's any doubt - even from the staunchest Silva fan - that Jones will surpass Silva in time.

So, it's Silva. But Jones is snapping at his heels. If Silva falls in his next defense, Jones takes a huge leap forward. If Jones falls in his next defense, however, he's just delaying his eventual eclipse of Silva.

Christ, Anderson is actually running away with this poll? For an MMA fan forum this place sure does have a huge portion of clueless fans.

You're only as good as your competition, the MW division is and always has been a complete joke.

you do realize the point your trying to make is completely moot and does not make sense at all? have a good day.

I do think people over did it with the demise of Rampage. His fights against Hamill and Machida were fine imo, just not his best performances ever. Rampage did go into that fight with Jones motivated and in the best shape i ever saw him.

He thoroughly outclassed Hamill and beat Machida fair and square. They were boring fights because Hamill spammed unsuccessful takedown attempts the whole time and Machida refused to engage for two rounds. People give Rampage WAY too much shit. Haters gonna hate though, I can't expect them to be intelligent or objective.

Back