**Anderson vs Jones** Poll

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by 76Knockout, Jan 8, 2013.

1. 76Knockout

76Knockout Silver Belt

I don't think Jones having a better career is an absurd notion.

2. Babaganoosh

Babaganoosh ----Orion's Belt---- Platinum Member

I don't think it is unfair and it is always good to see where people are at on these things.

3. King Fisher

King Fisher Green Belt

I honestly think this is an apples and oranged comparison.

You're talking about two fighters in different weight classes who had their careers overlap, but many of Silva's fights took place in a completely different era. If the opponents in his weight class seem less impressive, that's not Silva's fault.

Also, the HOFers you refer to were not at the peak of their respective careers when they fought JBJ. That's not his fault either.

For a LHW, JBJ has a beast of a resume, undoubtedly. However, I assume he's not even in the middle of his run. Opinions change over time, especially if JBJ gets into a bit of a rut in a few years. It happens.

4. wwedanawhite

wwedanawhite Black Belt

i see you're a very unbiased type of feller

5. FlyThai**

FlyThai** Banned Banned

If someone says Jon Jones is the GOAT in any thread people would laugh at him or call him troll. But in this thread people are claiming Jones' career is better than Anderson. One of the leading GOAT candidates among the MMA community.

So to the 20% who voted Jones. Do you think Jones is GOAT?

6. Edwin

Edwin Guest

Up until to this moment, Anderson has the better career, but I can see Jones surpassing him at some point if he continues beating the top light heavyweights in the world continuously like he already has been doing.

7. Uatu TheWatcher

Uatu TheWatcher Green Belt

Silva performs great in the octagon, but when I look at the opponents, I'd definitely say that Jones has the better resume.

8. I have to agree.

9. TheProphetAxel

TheProphetAxel Black Belt

Way too early for jones to be considered atm. GSP vs Silva would be a better thread. A lot more fights in the UFC between them and both cleaned out their respective divisions completely. Jones still has 3-4 guys in the top 10 that have a chance. I don't really see anyone in MW or WW taking the belt for at least the next 2 years. I like Hendricks and Weidman, but I don't think either will take the belts from their respective divisional bosses. GSP really won't have anyone but anderson left to fight once he gets Diaz and Johnny out of the way. (Unless, of course, if he wants to fight Condit again in a year or two)

10. effedup

effedup Silver Belt

Can't really compare the two at this point, one is at the tail end and one is just beginning. Jones probably has the better name recognition on his resume, but Anderson has the flashier finishes.

11. chamchamtrigger

chamchamtrigger Brown Belt

Jones is more cocky, but Anderson has the best career of any fighter in the UFC.

Of all time.

12. OmegaRugal

OmegaRugal Red Belt

Here is the thing ... Jones is doing at LHW what Silva has been doing MW.

The difference is when Silva took over ... Silva was taking the title from a DOMINANT champ in Rich Franklin.

Jones was taking his title from one of the many hot potato champs who were passing the belt around and around and around and around like a hot potato.

Because of the lack of a dominant LHW before Jones ... everyone that Jones beats was a former "champion".

While the people Silva beats weren't because of Franklin and now Silva himself.

MWs are called weak by too many people but if Silva didn't exist or Franklin did exist back then ... there would have been a ton of MW champs in the UFC for a dominant new fighter to beat up on and add to his hit list of names the way Jones is doing at LHW

13. SnowBlynd

SnowBlynd Red Belt

With Anderson....the man is a walking hl reel. Easy choice

14. Babaganoosh

Babaganoosh ----Orion's Belt---- Platinum Member

Do you know who was at MW when Rich was the champion? Tanner, Louiso, Quarry and Baroni.

15. Rollotomassi

Rollotomassi Banned Banned

Jones career just started how could he possible have a better one? I'm confused.

16. tkotom

tkotom Fedor belt

Anderson has the better record and streak but Jones has beaten much better fighters.

17. Break Brick

Break Brick Black Belt

I'm going with the Spider. He's been dominant for far longer, has looked more impressive against common opponents, has ventured into a higher weight class as well as looking like something out of a movie. So many "HOLY FUCK!" moments

18. Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury Green Belt

same here. I swear he has an app on his computer that beeps when Anderson's name is mentioned so that he can hate and chimes when ken shamrock name is mentioned so that he can praise

19. Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury Green Belt

I lol'd at the needlessness behind mentioning how Jones is more cockey

20. 76Knockout

76Knockout Silver Belt

That's why i thought it was a hard question.

imo Jones beating Sonnen doesn't do much for his case, but if after he beats Gus then maybe Machida or Evans for the second time it would be a lot closer imo.