**Anderson vs Jones** Poll

Well Anderson is 16-0 in the UFC and before that he had victories over number 1 p4p fighter Sakurai, former UFC champion Carlos Newton, Jeremy Horn. He has top 5 wins in 3 weight classes.

Indeed! Also most consider Hendo a top 5 greatest ever and Anderson dominated him

Going by overall title defenses and spectacular finishes, Yes Silva, that's why i voted for him.

But name 4 better wins for Anderson than

Rua, Rampage, Machida, Evans

I think Silvas best win is Hendo, he would stack up with them. Maybe Franklin and Vitor as well, but other than that?

I don't see how people can't see the argument for Jones.

I say just give it time and it will be undisputable. That is as long as Jones stays healthy and his career going forward is anything like it has been so far

Could be different in 2 years. If Jones were to defend against Sonnen, Gus and maybe Machida or Evans again. It would be a hard one to call.

I edited that post since I also think it won't take nearly that long

Better resume = Jon Jones.

Better career = Anderson Silva, though Jones can easily beat it IMO. Anderson has the accomplishments right now, Jon Jones is still building his.

I'm not a Jones fan, so I hate to admit that, but it's the truth, anyone who denies it is too blind to see it. Jon Jones is in a great position to become an undisputed GOAT.

Indeed! Also most consider Hendo a top 5 greatest ever and Anderson dominated him

Yes overall career you have to say Anderson, and that's what i asked in the thread.

But Rua, Rampage, Machida, Evans and Vitor is a great run for Jones, i don't know if Anderson has ever had a better 5 fight run than that.

Better career = Anderson Silva, though Jones can easily beat it IMO. Anderson has the accomplishments right now, Jon Jones is still building his.

That makes sense.

anderson. seems like hes been defending the title since 94...

jones is great and wins are over great fighters so im pretty sure they'll be on the same level when jones' run comes to an end. but for now, anderson. im very biased too so this may be bullshit.

I'm not a Jones fan, so I hate to admit that, but it's the truth, anyone who denies it is too blind to see it. Jon Jones is in a great position to become an undisputed GOAT.

this sounds about right

Career? Silva. Fought and defeated better fighters...Jones. If Jones continues on the way he is he will become the man in MMA. He has done much more than any champion at a much younger age.

Yes overall career you have to say Anderson, and that's what i asked in the thread.

But Rua, Rampage, Machida, Evans and Vitor is a great run for Jones, i don't know if Anderson has ever had a better 5 fight run than that.

Maybe, Jones has been on a great run.

But accomplishment wise it's hard to pick against Anderson

Career? Silva. Fought and defeated better fighters...Jones. If Jones continues on the way he is he will become the man in MMA. He has done much more than any champion at a much younger age.

Yes, Jones imo is the LHW GOAT of the UFC already.

Maybe it was an un fair time for this poll, i thought more people would say Jones tbh.

I think after Jones defends 2 more times or so it will be a lot different.

Maybe, Jones has been on a great run.

But accomplishment wise it's hard to pick against Anderson

I agree. I thought this would be a competitive poll lol. Well least it's nice to know Anderson gets his respect around here.

Jones because he has beaten more opponents that should go into MMA hall famers, or are just tuffer opponents then Silva....with this, I do think Silva has what it takes to beat Jones. I see Silva winning in that super fight.

IMO at this moment Anderson, in a couple of year will be Jones

this is stupid.
One has double the victories, done it through years while the other is a neophyte in the sport.

Only retards would vote for Jones. (and they did).

Anything that includes assumption/prediction is wrong.

The only way to vote NOW is to assume both would stop fighting now. Then compare what they did so far.

Let them both stop fighting. THEN you will be comparing apples with apples.

I get the impression that the people voting for Jones here are the same people who voted JDS as the greatest UFC HW Champ of all time.

Welcome to Sherdog, where whatever bandwagon is the hottest = BEST EVA!!!

I agree. I thought this would be a competitive poll lol. Well least it's nice to know Anderson gets his respect around here.

Indeed!

I hope Jones and Anderson fight though. It's really a win win for the fans and sport.

Anderson wins and he retires an untouchable legend who dethroned the young pup.

If Jones wins Anderson can retire while passing the torch to the leader of the next generation

Anderson Silva.

10 title defenses! 15-0 in the UFC!

For the people voting Jones, just a question. Does you voting Jones means you think Jones is overall GOAT?

They have to think of Jones as GOAT. And the thing that kills me about the Jones defense is the 4 that he beat Rampage and Shogun at the end of their career. Imagine Jones vs. prime Shogun (kamikaze PRIDE version or the guy that showed up to fight Machida and Lidell). or prime Jackson (the guy that unified PRIDE MW and UFC LHW titles)?

Im not saying that Jones isn't on the path, he's just not there now.

I really thought that this was going to be a who would win today poll which is a way more valid argument.

This.

Back