**Anderson vs Jones** Poll

76Knockout

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Who between Anderson Silva, and Jon Jones do you believe has the stronger resume? And overall better Career? I wonder how different this poll would be after Jones beats Chael and possibly Gus..

Anderson-Silva-Shouting.jpg

Anderson Silva-33-4 (16-0 ufc)-10 Title Defenses

Defended against

*Sonnen-KO/TKO R2
*Okami-KO/TKO R2
*Belfort-KO/TKO R1
*Sonnen-Submission R5
*Maia-UD R5
*Leites-UD R5
*Cote-KO/TKO R3
*Henderson-Submission R2
*Franklin-KO/TKO R2
*Marquardt-KO/TKO R1

Other Key victories-Forrest Griffin, Hayato Sakurai, Carlos Newton, Stephan Bonnar, Jeremy Horn, Jorge Rivera, Tony Frycklund, Chris Leben.

jonjones.jpg

Jon Jones-17-1 (11-1 ufc)-4 Title Defenses

Defended Against

*Belfort-Submission R4
*Rashad-UD R5
*Machida-Submission R2
*Rampage-Submission R4

Overall 5-0 in title fights (Won title from Shogun Rua)

Other Key victories-Vladimir Matyushenko, Brandon Vera, Stephan Bonnar, Ryan Bader, Jake O'Brien.

Last edited:
I say Anderson, but i can definitely see the argument for Jones as i think Rashad, Machida, Rampage and Vitor are great title defenses.

I would have thought Idonotbelieveit would be the first one to post shit about Anderson in this thread.

jones ufc career is much better than anderson's.

I used to think that, then I realized that anderson has already ventured out of his weight class and faced just as many champs as jones.

Jones accomplishments in such a short period of time is impressive though

its an unfair vote imo since anderson has been dominant for so much longer

Definitely Anderson right now. Probably Jones in a few years though, especially if he moves up to HW and dominates there as well.

Anderson. This can't be serious yet. Jones only has like 5 good wins and when you factor in all Andersons records and how he wins it's not worth discussing yet.

Silva is slightly ahead for now, but I see Jones advancing in due time.

This poll is an insult to Anderson Silva's career.

Asking the question shows just how incredibly dumb some people are.

Andy and it's not even close

Anderson. This can't be serious yet. Jones only has like 5 good wins and when you factor in all Andersons records and how he wins it's not worth discussing yet.

I think it is a discussion, Seeing as the Maia, Leites and Cote fights were underwhelming to say the least for Anderson.

Jones destroying Rua, Rampage, Machida, Evans and Vitor is one of the greatest runs ever imo.

I voted for Anderson. But i can definitely see an argument for Jones who should arguably be 12-0 UFC.

Silva at the min but Jones will probably surpass very soon

This poll is an insult to Anderson Silva's career.

Asking the question shows just how incredibly dumb some people are.

Going by overall title defenses and spectacular finishes, Yes Silva, that's why i voted for him.

But name 4 better wins for Anderson than

Rua, Rampage, Machida, Evans

I think Silvas best win is Hendo, he would stack up with them. Maybe Franklin and Vitor as well, but other than that?

I don't see how people can't see the argument for Jones.

Anderson Silva.

10 title defenses! 15-0 in the UFC!

For the people voting Jones, just a question. Does you voting Jones means you think Jones is overall GOAT?

Silva for the time being. Ask this question in ten years and the answer will probably be different. Actaully probably less than ten years and the answer will be different since it won't take that long to surpass Andersons accomplishments

I think it is a discussion, Seeing as the Maia, Leites and Cote fights were underwhelming to say the least for Anderson.

Jones destroying Rua, Rampage, Machida, Evans and Vitor is one of the greatest runs ever imo.

I voted for Anderson. But i can definitely see an argument for Jones who should arguably be 12-0 UFC.

Well Anderson is 16-0 in the UFC and before that he had victories over number 1 p4p fighter Sakurai, former UFC champion Carlos Newton, Jeremy Horn. He has top 5 wins in 3 weight classes.

Silva at this point.

Comparing a 15 year career to a ~5 year career especially with the 2:1 fight discrepancy skews things.

This is a bit premature imo.

Silva for the time being. Ask this question in ten years and the answer will probably be different

Could be different in 2 years. If Jones were to defend against Sonnen, Gus and maybe Machida or Evans again. It would be a hard one to call.

Back