Anderson talks about fighting Weidman injured, Leandro "Feij

Brazilians always have a preexisting injury on fights they lose.

You do understand they are talking about the same injury he had ON SONNEN FIGH!!! - you DO know he WON that fight, right?

So... this was an excuse for a fight he WON??? :eek:

next time, use your brain ;) :redface:

Why are haters so easy to heat up?
If you retards would read the questions the reporter is the one who mentions the injury.
he NEVER initiated this line of questioning.

Furthermore, he mentioned it did not affect the fight (only that he was not 100%).

What you should be reading in THIS QUOTE:

He says everything you need to know here.
Props to Weidman. he did the right thing and got the win.

Note: I put these 2 quotes in here, but not responding directly to you guys.
Just for the stupid crowd who are blind to EVERYTHING ELSE he say, and only focus on the "WOW OMG!!! Silva said he is injured! What a d-bag!!!"

There's only one way the media could've find out.

Why are haters so easy to heat up?
If you retards would read the questions the reporter is the one who mentions the injury.
he NEVER initiated this line of questioning.

Furthermore, he mentioned it did not affect the fight (only that he was not 100%).

What you should be reading in THIS QUOTE:

He says everything you need to know here.
Props to Weidman. he did the right thing and got the win.

Note: I put these 2 quotes in here, but not responding directly to you guys.
Just for the stupid crowd who are blind to EVERYTHING ELSE he say, and only focus on the "WOW OMG!!! Silva said he is injured! What a d-bag!!!"
He could have easily said "Injuries are something everyone in this sport deals with. If I had an injury worth mentioning, I would have pulled out of the fight." I would respect that.

Not a Silva hater btw. Excuse maker hater.

He could have easily said "Injuries are something everyone in this sport deals with. If I had an injury worth mentioning, I would have pulled out of the fight." I would respect that.

instead, he said:

In your fight against Sonnen you had a rib injury. Now you had the same injury, but in a minor scale, against Weidman. Was it one of the reasons you didn't fight like you always did?
It's good you've pointed it out. I was really injured, but it isn't an excuse for my performance.

wait....what's your point again?

Last edited:
There's only one way the media could've find out.

Only one, Claude?

I mean, even YOU should know this is not true.

Hospital records, asking trainer partners, asking people who are not from the camp but were hired to help, etc.

There are PLENTY of ways to know.

that's the problem though.
he did not make it an excuse.
He said it didn't influence the outcome.
He NEVER mentioned the injury until the REPORTER brought it up.
AND he dismissed it.

he gave full credit to Weidman.

Why are YOU (or the people who take it as an excuse) claiming he is giving it as an excuse?
It's not like he said "I was injured, couldn't fight well and lost because of it"

he never said that!

AND he dismissed it.

Why are YOU (or the people who take it as an excuse) claiming he is giving it as an excuse?
It's not like he said "I was injured, couldn't fight well and lost because of it"

he never said that!

man you should just quit trying to argue with the people here, they will find any reason to hate on someone

Only one, Claude?

I mean, even YOU should know this is not true.

Hospital records, asking trainer partners, asking people who are not from the camp but were hired to help, etc.

There are PLENTY of ways to know.

Anything not confirmed by a direct source is basicly just a rumor. That's why the reporter had to ask Silva about his injury, because until that point it was only a rumor.

Now that he's lost, he's pretty open about it. Most fighters fight with small injuries, and they don't go and tell the media afterwards. Truth is, he could have remained quiet about it, especially if it was allegedly just a minor injury, but he decided to use it as an excuse and now he claims he was only fighting at 85%.

AND he dismissed it.

he never said that!

Saying he was fighting at 85% is an excuse, no matter how you try to spin it.

Saying he was fighting at 85% is an excuse, no matter how you try to spin it.

Claude, we've been through this dance.
The only one spinining here is you.

he acknowledged Weidman was fighting after a long period out.

That alone shows he knows Weidman wasn't 100% either.

Spin all you want, you fail.

Silva gave full credit to Weidman for his win.

Anything not confirmed by a direct source is basicly just a rumor. That's why the reporter had to ask Silva about his injury, because until that point it was only a rumor.

Now that he's lost, he's pretty open about it. Most fighters fight with small injuries, and they don't go and tell the media afterwards. Truth is, he could have remained quiet about it, especially if it was allegedly just a minor injury, but he decided to use it as an excuse and now he claims he was only fighting at 85%.

I know you are a troll. And I do laugh at your obviously trollish comments (most of the time).

But come on now. be real.

So if a DOCTOR confirmed he treated Silva for an injury, it would be a "rumor" until Silva says it's true?
Even YOU don't agree with yourself. :icon_lol:

* Silva gave away the fight clowning around, he chose to lose, Weidman had nothing to do with it

* Silva was only fighting at 85%

* Silva had a rib injury

I think we should not really consider this a Weidman victory, and scrap this fight result all together.

Or at least, when the fight is mentioned in future it should be "well Weidman did technically win, BUT...."

At least until Silva wins, then it'll be ok.

Well done Silva fan base. :icon_lol:

Please, let's not make this thread a nation war... AGAIN.
Brazilian fans (like fans around the world) hate this lame excuses.
Brazilian fans never forgave Arona, for bringing some medical papers justifying his loss to Sokoudjou due the fact he fought having Dengue fever.

If he fought and trained with Dengue fever, that's pretty fucking crazy. He could easily have died from trauma if it got worse and turned into Dengue hemorrhagic fever or Dengue shock syndrome. That's a very legitimate excuse if it's real because Dengue is not something you should fuck around with.

Claude, we've been through this dance.
The only one spinining here is you.

he acknowledged Weidman was fighting after a long period out.

That alone shows he knows Weidman wasn't 100% either.

Spin all you want, you fail.

Silva gave full credit to Weidman for his win.

Not at all. If your state you are not at your best condition then you're not giving full credit to your opponent. A fighters shape and condition has a bearing in the outcome of a fight. Stating he wasn't at the top of his game implies a different outcome if he was really at his best.

He's not saying it like "you only looked good because of my rib injury" like he did against Chael, as there' no bad blood between him at Weidman, but still he's making an excuse in a more subtle way.

He can say Weidman beat him fair and square all he wants, but at the end of the day he was only at 85% according to him.

I know you are a troll. And I do laugh at your obviously trollish comments (most of the time).

But come on now. be real.

So if a DOCTOR confirmed he treated Silva for an injury, it would be a "rumor" until Silva says it's true?
Even YOU don't agree with yourself. :icon_lol:

I'm only a troll in your head. That's basicly your way out of me schooling you everytime, but that's OK.

As i told you, it is only a rumor until it is confimed by a reliable source. Why do you think we're seeing threads about the subject now? why did the reporter had to ask Silva about it?

Because nothing was for certain, until Silva spoke about it.

As i told you, it is only a rumor until it is confimed by a reliable source. Why do you think we're seeing threads about the subject now? why did the reporter had to ask Silva about it?

Because nothing was for certain, until Silva spoke about it.

LOL that's a load of crap.
If a doctor treated someone and has the paperwork, it is obviously true.
The reason nobody spoke is because it is not news.

But once retards and haters gets an interview in which he answered a question about being injured, it all becomes an excuse???

Why would he need an excuse NOW that the fight is over for a long time and he is about to begin his camp for the new one?

The MAXIMUM I could see in your point, it is a mental game on Weidman. Makes Weidman think "wait, does that mean Silva could be even better?".

Kind of what they tried to do with Cain & Junior, disclosing his injury shortly before their rematch.

Excuse is when people are trying to "find what to blame". And that is long done.

There's no reason why he would start NOW giving an excuse.

LOL that's a load of crap.
If a doctor treated someone and has the paperwork, it is obviously true.
The reason nobody spoke is because it is not news.

But once retards and haters gets an interview in which he answered a question about being injured, it all becomes an excuse???

Why would he need an excuse NOW that the fight is over for a long time and he is about to begin his camp for the new one?

The MAXIMUM I could see in your point, it is a mental game on Weidman. Makes Weidman think "wait, does that mean Silva could be even better?".

Kind of what they tried to do with Cain & Junior, disclosing his injury shortly before their rematch.

Excuse is when people are trying to "find what to blame". And that is long done.

There's no reason why he would start NOW giving an excuse.

An anonymous source is not a reliable source. You don't know the especifics about the report. I'm sorry.

An excuse is an excuse. It doesn't have to be made immediatly after the fight, lol. Who told you that? I remember Silva talking about his rib months after the 1st Sonnen fight.

I'm out for now my dear pupil. Have a nice day.

An anonymous source is not a reliable source. You don't know the especifics about the report. I'm sorry.

An excuse is an excuse. It doesn't have to be made immediatly after the fight, lol. Who told you that? I remember Silva talking about his rib months after the 1st Sonnen fight.

I'm out for now my dear pupil. Have a nice day.

Man, I'm not even a Silva fan but, you are full of shit dude.

Go flame Jones for saying he was 70% instead.

Back