Anderson Silva's Retirement Fight

Bring back hendo for it. yknow hed do it.

The most meaningful fight for Anderson to win is against Weidman.

No other fight comes close.

Conor. Let's get Anderson get that panty night he's been a good company man.

Bring Forrest Griffin out of retirement. If he doesn't roofie himself prior to the fight, he could beat retirement home Silva.

Weidman if he is brave. If not, maybe someone like Wonderboy.

There is only one Silva fight hardcore fans have waited years to see that is the perfect finale to a storied career: Anderson Silva vs. Roy Jones Jr.

To me, one more fight against some of these names mentioned above (would love to see a Weidman fight without issue take place but I feel like he just may not want to do that again) in the UFC, then go get an extra pay day with Roy Jones Jr after...assuming that sells well. Plus pretty sure UFC fight pass is the one that broadcasts Roy Jones boxing promotion if I'm not mistaken. Then again, maybe that has better place on PPV.

AndySilva1.gif

Longtime Anderson-fan here. In fact, he was the fighter who brought me into MMA way back in the days. After seeing his fight vs Israel I'm grateful that he's not completely shot, that he still has a decent chin and a few striking tricks up his sleeve. but with that said it's obvious his prime is long gone and he's never going to challenge for a title again. I really wish he'd retire before he goes on the classic "MMA legend" skid. So far his only embarrassing loss is the first Weidman fight and to a lesser extend the dec loss to Bisping. With that in mind I don't really see the reason of giving him fights like Elias Theodorou as if you're trying to build him back up. At this points it's go big or go home. Perhaps some kind of legend vs legend fight, then well earned retirement.

that would be awesome, but I dont know if Anderson would want to fight another Brazilian. Shogun seems like he never liked Anderson.

Didn't get that impression. Rua once told the truth about the fact that Anderson was by far the most talented guy in Chute Boxe, even more than himself when he and Wand were the big stars.

Back