Anderson Silva's, Jon Jones', and McGregor's popularity comparison (Google Trend)

Alexandergreat3

In Fedor We Trust, amen™
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.google.com/trends/explore#cmpt=q&tz=

242z79u.jpg

IN Reality we should look to compare McG's period from 2013-2015, he's still growing. Jones shoudl be from 2010

Silva's one of, if not THE most popular of all MMA fighters.

Go get some fans he said. Do some cocaine he said.

OJ's "popularity" really skyrocketed in 1994.

Why does this matter ? This is something the UFC should be checking out, not the fans.

Most people hated anderson before sonnen outheeled him into a Brazilian savior/superstar. His ppv draws weren't good either. I wonder if someone will come along and turn jones into the good guy/ppv golden boy.

This comparison does not take all the parameters into account. Its so wrong.

Most people hated anderson before sonnen outheeled him into a Brazilian savior/superstar. His ppv draws weren't good either. I wonder if someone will come along and turn jones into the good guy/ppv golden boy.

Well Jones last PPV was very impressive so i think the corner has been turned.

Why isn't GSP there?
Just curious, since he was as good as Silva (in terms of popularity).

people love to hate JBJ and McGOAT Anderson seem's like a nice humble guy

Jon Jones is leading big time right now

Yeah, and it seems like the coke scandal actually gave him a lot of publicity, because based on that graph, his popularity rating peaked right around the end of this year.

Why does this matter ? This is something the UFC should be checking out, not the fans.

Actually, I believe it's the opposite. The UFC have their marketing team monitoring these things. They already know these trends.

It's the fans who should be checking out these rating charts, so that they can be informed and know what is the truth and what is not. When people know the truth, they're less likely to get brainwashed by marketing hype and propaganda.

According to the Google graph, Anderson's popularity first skyrocketed around the beginning of 2011 (a few months after his first fight against Sonnen). I think you might have something there. :cool:

This comparison does not take all the parameters into account. Its so wrong.

What missing parameters do you think should be included?

Would Anderson's not be mainly for people wanting to see his leg though?

Back