Media Anderson Silva's farewell (instagram post)

Not a lot of fighters keep me on the edge of my seat when they're fighting, but Anderson was definitely one of them when he was champ. Thanks for all the (UFC) memories..

He really should've retired after Weidman 2, but I can respect someone wanting to fight out their contract till the end

Still one of the greatest fighters of all time. Prime Anderson is still the best fighter I've ever seen

He told he's saying goodbye to a whole life dedicated to the sport. This seems very retiring to me.
or it could be a profuse showing of gratitude for a fight where a whole lot of folks showed him love.

I like the ending.

“thank you all, bless you, and bless you.”

Wow! That’s a lot of blessings. Thank you Anderson!

Still my GOAT, respect to an absolute legend of MMA.

Farewell to a legend and one of the greatest fighters of all time.

Translation:
Good morning my people, today is a very different day for a simple reason, SENDING ME A WHOLE LIFE DEDICATED TO MY SPORT; yesterday was as special as, I went up there to do what I love, I didn't think I would be as happy as I am, even losing, I have a feeling of peace, from the bottom of my heart I want to thank you all, my team, my family , my friends and everyone who saw the fight; know that it has always been a great honor to fight all these years with your fans !!!
I want to thank GOD for giving me the gift of fighting !!! Thank you my people for all your understanding, for your support and for the incredible moments that we live together in this sport !!! ETERNAL GRATITUDE TO EVERYONE❤️
I hope I have left in the memory and heart of each of you a little of who I am, that you can overcome difficulties, every second of uncertainty and to overcome obstacles in your lives !!!
Never think about giving up, however difficult things become at some point; know that "it will pass"; I leave all my love, all my respect to you !!!
STRENGTH and HONOR always and may GOD bless you all !!!! Gratitude to you all ❤️❤️USDEUS bless

Hespect to one of the goats

What a legend this guy is. Amazing HL reel that I'll keep on watching every now and then. He made mma totally worth it. Top 5 GOAT undoubtedly.

Back