Anderson Silvas definitive win?

Anderson's definitive win is probably Hendo. Or maybe Belfort.

Andy-Vitor
Fedor-Big Nog
Randy-Tito
Tito-Uuuh... Bader?
Jones-Shogun
Shogun-Machida or Rampage
BJ-Hughes
Chuck-Wanderlei
GSP-Hughes
Hughes-BJ, Serra, or GSP
Aldo-Mendes
Fulton-All of them. He may not be the best, but god damn his record is just crazy

Fedor- Arona
Couture- Vera
Anderson- Maia
Tito- Forrest I
Jones- Gus
Shogun- Vera
BJ- Serra
Chuck- Vitor
GSP- BJ I
Hughes- Serra
Aldo- Frankie

By this logic, I think Randy/Rizzo I, Silva/Sonnen I make better cases.

Fedor vs Randleman as mentioned was amazing, but maybe Fedor vs Fujita tops that bc he almost got KO'd and came back.

Anderson vs Henderson was a good one.

Anderson - Franklin 1
Fedor - Big Nog 1
Randy - Sylvia or Belfort
Tito - Tanner
Shogun - Arona
Jones - Shogun
Penn - Stevenson
Chuck - Tito
GSP - Penn II
Hughes - Royce
Aldo - Swanson or Faber

Id go for Hendo. Very tough competition.

I chose this fight for the sheer brutal destruction of the champ at the time, Franklin, as it demonstrated how far ahead of the rest of the competition Silva was.

inb4 Silva only fought cans/

What was Anderson Silvas definitive win?

BBu3_tTCQAAW7N4.jpg

And just for fun ... what about these other all time greats.

Fedor
Randy
Tito
Jones
Shogun
BJ Penn
Chuck
GSP
Hughes
Aldo

and just for fun, Travis Fulton

Travis-Fulton.jpg

I hope he does this in his next fight with Weidman (go to 1:52):

[YT]vUQNjfhlREk?t=1m52s[/YT]

carlos newton. I am hoping he comes out and knocks out Weidman within the first 10 seconds with some matrix shit.

The answer for Anderson is Mach Sakurai. He was the #1 p4p fighter and #1 168lbs fighter at the time, most people here have no idea how big this win was then.

It's close. The three that stick out to me are the first Franklin fight the Hendo fight and the Griffin fight. In the Franklin fight he beat the best fighter in the history of his young division and made him look like an amateur. In the Hendo fight Silva overcome the first adversity he'd ever faced in the UFC and united the UFC/Pride titles and in the Griffin fight Silva fought a 205 champion and won quite impressively moonwalking away from Griffins shots. I'd have to pick the Franklin fight because he became champ in such an impressive way but it's really close.

Back