Anderson Silva's Decline

Anyway some fun fights still for Anderson out there - Hendo/Boetsch/Kennedy/Weidman/Rockhold/Vitor/Romero/CB Dolloway

all beat him to be honest

And he has lost them all by his own doing, its crazy.

*Goofs against Weidman
*Breaks his own leg in rematc, fluke injury
*Diaz win overturned
*Gave the fight to Bisping

He's lost but hes never not seemed like the better, more dangerous fighter.

i don't think i could put together a successful 10 second highlight of silva against weidman in both fights combined. leg kicks only get about 4 seconds. slaps from the bottom get about 3 seconds. that's all i got.

From being unbeaten for 7 years to 0-3-1 in his last 4 fights.

iUIJqlz.png

Jesus, MMA is a harsh sport.

We knew he was badly declining when he got dropped by Sonnen. The second fight was when he should have retired... The same will happen to every champ if they fight into their 40s... Look at Hendo.

In all fairness, the Weidman thing should have been a NC. If you break your leg engaged in your own kick, how is that worthy of the other person being given a victory. Weidman didn't have a special technique, he checked it like everyone else does. I'm not even an Anderson fan, I loved seeing him get knocked out acting like a fool, but I'm also reasonable.
You are not being reasonable. what you are doing is showing your extreme ignorance of fight sports. And that is ok as most sherdog fans are similarly ignorant and therefore don't understand defensive tactics in fight sport that can inflict damage. It is fact that in old school bare knuckle boxing guys would often purposely tilt their head down (as Nick Diaz did with BJ) to try and make the opponent land a punch to the crown of the forehead. This would often just hurt the hand and make the guy hold back later but cold also break the hand. Same in MT with the checking a leg kick. most times you just hurt the opponent and force him to reconsider kicks but you know you can also do far more damage including breaking the opponents leg.

You don't understand that and so you see it as some fluke where the fighter does not deserve credit. However your view would be laughed out of the room amongst top trainers or fighters who do not share your ignorance.

i don't think i could put together a successful 10 second highlight of silva against weidman in both fights combined. leg kicks only get about 4 seconds. slaps from the bottom get about 3 seconds. that's all i got.

The reason the rematch even happened was because people felt Silva just gave the fight away by goofing. Then he broke his leg in the second. He beat Nick but had the fight overturned. Now most people feel like he gave the fight away to Bisping. Anderson still is and has always been the man.

Anyway some fun fights still for Anderson out there - Hendo/Boetsch/Kennedy/Weidman/Rockhold/Vitor/Romero/CB Dolloway

all beat him to be honest

CB Dolloway, Hendo and Boetsch?
nah

From being unbeaten for 7 years to 0-3-1 in his last 4 fights.

Jesus, MMA is a harsh sport.

He's actually 0-3-0-1 in his last 4 fights. Wins-Losses-Draws-No Contest. He's had no draws but the Diaz win was overturned to a NC.

And he has lost them all by his own doing, its crazy.

*Goofs against Weidman
*Breaks his own leg in rematc, fluke injury
*Diaz win overturned
*Gave the fight to Bisping

He's lost but hes never not seemed like the better, more dangerous fighter.
True, true!

He lost his chin and reflexes. These two was the biggest things on his game. He doesn't counter like he did, and he can't get hit like before.

Is normal. Doesn't take anything away from his achievements in the sport.

Reminds me of Fedor's loss streak

Silva looked really really good like his old self in certain moments

He's been on a decline since 2010. As with most greats they will still win for a few years after their peak just do to being that much better than the competition.

Fedor declined probably after 2006 and GSP after 2009. Even Mayweather who is still undefeated has been on a decline for years now.

He didn't fight bad today. Anderson still has it. But remaining active because "I love fighting" isn't enough. Sure he's playing and having fun, but he doesn't seem very committed to actually winning.

Yup. It's the sport with the most on the line. Any decrease in performance will be the difference between a win and a loss. And a win/loss can be either glorious victory or brutal KO.

Too bad fans are so shitty sometimes. Must be tough to go through.

Father Time has always been and will always be UnDefeated!

My grandfather was nicknamed Father Time and indeed he never started or lost a fight by his account. Shouts out to my gramps somewhere out in the ether.

Does anyone still find those theatrics entertaining?

The style he tries to display no longer matches the reflexes he now posseses.

Back