Anderson Silva, will he ever be surpassed

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
As the goat of facial skin toughness ?

After seeing this weekend fights it really makes you appreciate the goat of lack of facial damage

No, he's (at least) the MW GOAT and will never be surpassed in that division.
In MMA these days it's unimaginable for a fighter (especially a MW) to defend their title 10 consecutive times while reaching the most finishes and knockdowns in UFC title fight history.

Also, since we saw the Izzy vs Silva fight we can pretty much all agree that Prime Silva would've demolished Izzy and therefore prime Silva probably beats Gastelum aswell, lol @ the people who said MW was weak when Anderson was around.

In MMA these days it's unimaginable for a fighter (especially a MW) to defend their title 10 consecutive times while reaching the most finishes and knockdowns in UFC title fight history.

Also, since we saw the Izzy vs Silva fight we can pretty much all agree that Prime Silva would've demolished Izzy and therefore prime Silva probably beats Gastelum aswell, lol @ the people who said MW was weak when Anderson was around.
<{vega}>

Not in for the forseeable future.

Jon would have but his NC put an end to his consecutive win streak.

I thought Max had the best opportunity to break the streak.

I don’t see Tony or Khabib breaking it either with their inactivity.

-16-0
- 11 championship fight wins, would be 12 if BJJ MJ made weight
- Unified Pride and UFC belts
- Finished Hendo, Vitor, Franklin x2, etc
- Moved up to Light Heavyweight and destroyed the former champ who was one fight removed from being a champion
- The Bess

<{silvanormal}>

-16-0
- Moved up to Light Heavyweight and destroyed the former champ who was one fight removed from being a champion
- The Bess

<{silvanormal}>
Please read OP, plz

Anderson’s GOAT skin and durability is just another reason why he eez the bess

None of the guys Silva beat were as good as Romero, Jacare, Whittaker, Weidman or Rockhold.

You think maia, leites. Sonnen, cote, the Vitor that Silva fought, Etc. Would beat any ot these guys?

I'm highly skeptical.

In before someone who can't read posts TRT Vitor (not the Vitor that fought Silva) vs Rockhold gif.

It doesn't mean Silva himself couldn't beat these guys but those guys I listed are absolutely better than his opponents I mentioned.

-16-0
- The Bess

<{silvanormal}>
How many does DJ have in a row?

Lol, no.

He probably wont be passed as MW goat for being as dominant as he was either. But the weight class now has so many murders I can't see anyway anyone can go on a dominant title defense run, like Anderson. Anderson never even got in any kind of trouble or face any kind of adversity in a fight in the UFC until like his 7/8th title defense that's insane. Stylebender earned my respect as I thought he was all hype, but he beat Kelvin fair & square. But he also took hellacious damage & was almost stopped, in a standup fight against a converted wrestler with a 1-2. If he can defeat Whitaker & Romero I'll consider him on on a goat run closing in on Anderson though, because Kelvin, Whitaker & Romero is a murders row when compared to all Silva's title defenses.

A little long winded response for a joke thread, but I got rolling and wanted to get that out lol.

BJ must rank pretty highly and he took some quite prolonged beatings.

Last edited:
New generation fighters beat silva in his prime easily.
However, Silva was really dominant.

Compared to MW now it was homeboy. That doesn't take away from Anderson's amazing title defense run or dominance though. The contenders now are just more dangerous.

Two GOATs wow

LNS_01-09-2015_EGN_01_LIS310815GOATFRONT01_ct677x380.jpg

-16-0
- The Bess

<{silvanormal}>
I take it BJJ MJ is Travis Lutter?

Back