"Anderson Silva will get titleshot with win over diaz"

Weidman is the second luckiest P4P entrant of all time (the first was Bendo). He is not a better fighter than either Anderson or Lyoto.

But the lesson here is that you don't need to be the best/smartest/strongest/prettiest/fastest, you just need to win when it counts. That's what Chris did. Even if he rematches Anderson and loses (which is very possible), he still got to be a defending MW champion.

Yeah, well, actually who wins the matches determines who was the better fighter when they met, not some neckbeard's fantasy.

I want to see Silva vs. Chris III... I am one of those who believe that first and second fight didn't show the winner is better... one of rare fights where I saw that I can't say the winner is better than loser... the circumstances were just unfortunate... and Weidman being better than Silva in both fights in the first rounds... it happened to Silva more than just once against other opponents.

I am not convinced at all by both ot their fights. How we say ''The third time is a charm''.

I actually agree.

I want to see it.. But I will know for sure how much I wan to see it after the Diaz fight . . . I think any true Silva fan should want to see it.

Whatever about the first fight, none of us wanted the second to end the way it did.

Last edited:
The only reason Dana is saying this is to get under Nick Diaz' skin.

I want to see Silva vs. Chris III... I am one of those who believe that first and second fight didn't show the winner is better... one of rare fights where I saw that I can't say the winner is better than loser... the circumstances were just unfortunate... and Weidman being better than Silva in both fights in the first rounds... it happened to Silva more than just once against other opponents.

I am not convinced at all by both ot their fights. How we say ''The third time is a charm''.

What a fucking joke.

No thanks.

Same goes for Lawler - Hendricks 3, Dillashaw - Barao 2, and any other fucking rematches of fights within the last year or two.

Isn't that what Weidman fans would like?

Nah, I already know it wasn't a fluke.

Heres the thing, If silva LEGIT earned the rematch, then no problem.

but they are basically gifting it. If silva gets a title shot off a win, Nick Diaz should aswell. as fighters they are 0-2 in there last 2 fights which both happen to be title fights, and when you consider that diaz is moving up to fight this fight, it makes it more of an impressive feat worth a title shot for diaz than it does for silva.

And diaz has a KO win over the current WW champion.

Oh, not again. Really don't have the energy to hype myself up again for another rematch for a title. Here's to hoping Diaz wins.

After what Silva has given to the sport of MMA how if he wants it .. Could any real MMA fan not want it?? That second fight, no one should go out like that..

Diaz should definitely get a title shot if he wins then.. And since the Lawler fight was so long ago it's a rematch that makes sense.

Silva gets a crack at Weidman again, he'll become the champ.

Mark it down.

But when he loses many Silva fans will fall back the predictable excuses.

He's no longer serious
He's too old
His injury affected him etc

Silva is getting old. This is Dana's last chance to make money with him so he's gonna take it. Given the endings of the two fights, people will be open to the rematch, especially if he dominates Diaz.

I agree. If there's another first round KO Silva will still be better. I'm with ya.

Anyone who believes that the first two fights proved anything about the match-up is living in la la land.

Fluke one, and fluke two.

This doesn't mean that Wiedman is a tough match-up for Silva, but it does mean that nothing has been clearly decided, and a third match-up, penidng the Diaz fight, is necessary.

I've always said I favored Silva in the first and second fight, but this is an easy payday for Weidman. I don't even want to see this fight.

Should we be surprised? Silva is still big money, maybe even bigger this time after his leg break. It's disrespectful for the other contenders at 185, but the UFC will put on the fight that makes the most money. Silva against any of the new contenders at 185 would be amazing. I'm not sure I want to see Silva fight Weidman so soon. Weidman seems to be his poison. You can never count Silva out, but the guy just had his leg break, and the UFC is pushing him back into a title fight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back