Anderson Silva warwagon

Are you a fan?

• Total voters
WAR SPIDER!!!

giphy.gif

Yeah, I have a bad feeling too. Have no idea what his chin is like nowadays. I think if his chin and cardio holds up he'll be fine, but I really don't know how good they are at this point.

Reminiscing about the good ol' days of nonstop p4p debates

I'm pretty sure Chris hits harder than Bisping. I'm not worried. People forget just how good Anderson Silva was, and still is. His stand-up and grappling are both worlds above Bisping's.

loved watching Anderson fight. Definitely amongst the greats of the sport.

Only regret I have about his career is e never really got to see him in s prime take on the challenge of fighting other truly greats or elite fighters which is the best measure of how good the greats are. Yes he crushed lesser comp in spectacular ways but that is not the same as beating another true great.

He had so many chances to really step up and take that type of opponent at LHW (since they really weren't available at MW) and sadly we never got to see it and instead again only got to see him beat on lesser opponents.

(and yes Hendo was a great by name, but no where near his prime or best when fighting Anderson and Shields at MW)

theres no fighter on earth that can give me goosebumps more. especially in the first few minutes of one of his fights, where hes feeling out his opponent. you know some shit is gonna go DOWN

silva is my fav fighter of all time, he is actually the only mma fighter in my top 10 list.

after he lost i actually stopped watching mma for 3 years.

hoping for vintage silva.

Silva is my number 1. Well it switches between who is fighting at the time between him and Lyoto.

Anderson still has some of the intimidation factor with him backing Bisping up at the weigh-in. I was pretty surprised by that. If he can go out there and make quick and efficient work of the Count he will definitely be back in title contention. Not saying he'd get the belt back or anything, but it would be huge if he could beat a game and always dangerous Michael Bisping and make it look easy.

WAR SILVA!

Man I wish I could be a fan, but the PED's and especially the lying killed it for me.

The downward spiral he's been on is among even the worst of them, but I am and always will be a fan. He's the reason I got into watching MMA.

I'm a fan for sure and will always be. How could you not be a fight fan of the best striker of all time? His fight with Griffin will always be one of the most memorable fights of all time for me.
For me it will always be the Chris Leben fight, was the first time i had heard of silva and even during the pre fight Joe was talking about how Silva suppose be a killer etc...i had seen chris fight and at the time he was no joke easy, crazy fight.. 10 years later look all highlight knock outs! fan for life

say it isnt so spider (sigh)
yep still a fan

Without a doubt - he is a greatly respected and adored fighter - Man is all style and fun.

He has a mark on his record - so it is...

For me it will always be the Chris Leben fight, was the first time i had heard of silva and even during the pre fight Joe was talking about how Silva suppose be a killer etc...i had seen chris fight and at the time he was no joke easy, crazy fight.. 10 years later look all highlight knock outs! fan for life

say it isnt so spider (sigh)
yep still a fan
Interesting as that fight has the opposite effect on me.

Leben is the type of opponent you give to elite guys to make them look great. Slow, plodding, predictable but tough giving everything you need to create highlight moments as you get to bash on him at will while showboating and never getting touched.

I get that certain fans eat that stuff up all day long. It is why Pride gave elite guys so many gimmie fights to build their highlight reels. Few people pay attention that a great like Fedor hardly ever finished the other elites and it was the low level guys who provided the biggest highlights.

But to me the true greats, the elites, cannot be properly measured without fighting other true elites. That is the true test and the fight that defines them even though those fights rarely end up in finishes.

Fu*k yeah!!!
It matters not what happens ahead, or all he accomplished, I am a fan!

I do hope he beats Bisping, even though I like the britt.

I want the spider to become a phoenix!!!!!

Was never a fan. Didn't hate him either. Both are still true.

I'm still a fan! Though I'm a fan of both guys tomorrow night it's hard for me to choose. Hoping for a good fight by both men.

Always be my ninja

Back