Anderson Silva vs Shogun Rua - Who has the better top 5 wins?

The real question is who would win out of the Wand like aggressive Shogun who also did tornado kicks and leg locks and won the Pride MW GP and smashed Rampages shit in with ease whilst taking steroids vs the Anderson who clowned Forrest Griffin (whilst taking steroids).

IMO Shogun wrecks him, i mean anything can happen, but Shogun would close the distance and not let Anderson do any of his fancy shit, a bit like Bisping and overwhelm him with strikes from everywhere, no chance would he be walking slowly towards him whilst Anderson does his kung fu impressions with his hands and bowing respectfully every 2 seconds.

Prime Anderson to me was a bit like 145lb Conor, a guy fighting at a lower weight class with tailor made opponents, even though it was fun to watch.

Pride Wand on that 5 year unbeaten run would have brutalised Anderson also.

Anderson was a better striker than the mostly brawlers he had to fight and had a above average BJJ game, enough to finish a brawler on the ground, there was exceptions but for the most part Anderson had easy pickings, Shogun would be his equal in the striking and grappling around 2005/06 but with more power and more aggressive.

shogun is like dan henderson. with out naming jon jones or fedor you cant deny they have some of the best win resumes of all time

Yet he still ducked Shogun.

Overeem, Machida, Rampage, Lil Nog and Chuck are way better wins overall
Anderson ducked Shogun? They were in different weight classes.... Shogun would get the shit countered out of him by Prime Anderson. I can't see Shogun not getting smoked like how he did against OSP.

Anderson ducked Shogun? They were in different weight classes.... Shogun would get the shit countered out of him by Prime Anderson. I can't see Shogun not getting smoked like how he did against OSP.

When Shogun was champion he said he would fight Anderson in a super fight. Anderson made excuses such as he didn’t want to interfere with his team-mates division, and that he and Shogun were friends which Shogun denied. After this Anderson says if Shogun wants to fight him he has to drop to MW despite the fact he had fought at LHW a couple of times.

Classic duck

Shogun would have took Anderson down and TKO’d him

Can’t find the direct link but here is someone referencing the above

http://forum.mmajunkie.com/forum/threads/shogun-“id-fight-anderson-silva”.26773/

Last edited:
<LikeReally5>
Threads like this make me wonder why I visit this site.

It's very close, but I gotta say Shogun has the bigger wins while Anderson had the better overall career with a far longer run at the top. People never bring up Andy's wins over Marquardt and Leites when discussing his career (yeah, the Leites fight sucked balls) but those were huge wins back in the day. Shogun fought and beat everyone that counted in Pride back in the day and also solved Machida by the 4th round of their first fight. Both are all-time greats, mind you. If you look at Shogun's physique and cardio back in Pride to what he was rockin' in the States though, combined with Chute Boxe's sketchy PED rep, I don't think it's fair to claim the high ground for him based on Andey's failed PED tests.

I was thinking about how a dream match with them would have gone back in the mid-00's a couple hours ago, actually. Interesting...

When Shogun was champion he said he would fight Anderson in a super fight. Anderson made excuses such as he didn’t want to interfere with his team-mates division, and that he and Shogun were friends which Shogun denied. After this Anderson says if Shogun wants to fight him he has to drop to MW despite the fact he had fought at LHW a couple of times.

Classic duck

http://forum.mmajunkie.com/forum/threads/shogun-“id-fight-anderson-silva”.26773/

It's funny though, cuz Shogun always looked like a tiny 205 to me and in Pride he routinely weighed in around 201-203 pounds, which indicates a garbage camp (Chute Boxe certaily wasn't) or he was a small LHW. Would have been cool to see how he would have done at 185.

Not that he did so bad at LHW, mind you:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Maur%C3%ADcio-Shogun-Milani-Rua-KO-number-2.gif

idg2tu.gif

Classic duck

Again, find an article where the UFC actually did propose the fight to Silva turned it down.

Classic duck

So you wanted him to jump in front of Machida and steal his title shot ? That was clearly never going to happen

Again, find an article where the UFC actually did propose the fight to Silva turned it down.

Look this is how it works

Shogun said he would fight Anderson

Anderson made excuses to not fight him

Whether the fight was offered officially is irrelevant. We already know Anderson would turn it down based on what he was saying

So you wanted him to jump in front of Machida and steal his title shot ? That was clearly never going to happen

What?

How would Machida be in-front of anybody after getting KO’d?

Look this is how it works

Shogun said he would fight Anderson

Anderson made excuses to not fight him

Whether the fight was offered officially is irrelevant. We already know Anderson would turn it down based on what he was saying
No, how it works is the UFC officially offers the fight and the fighter accepts it or turns it down.

If the fight is not attempted to be put together, then there wasn't a fight.

Otherwise, your "ducking" BS is just that--BS

So if you can't show me where the fight was actually offered to Silva, you're talking out of your ass, and deserve to be called out on it.

The spider!

He didn't have to beat the elderly and resort to kicking downed openents.
No he is just a two time steroid failure that we know about, while Shogun faced all the killers, most being on steroids, while fighting in a much tougher division. And has never been accused of being a drug cheat

No, how it works is the UFC officially offers the fight and the fighter accepts it or turns it down.

If the fight is not attempted to be put together, then there wasn't a fight.

Otherwise, your "ducking" BS is just that--BS

So if you can't show me where the fight was actually offered to Silva, you're talking out of your ass, and deserve to be called out on it.

Shogun wanted to fight Anderson

Anderson didn’t want to fight Shogun

Facts

Classic duck

Lol Shogun's ground game is garbage. Anderson KOs him. He fought DC on short notice, I doubt he's scared of Shogun.

Shogun wanted to fight Anderson

Anderson didn’t want to fight Shogun

Facts
Fight was never attempted to be setup so there was no fight for Anderson to duck.

Fact

Back