Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones vs Chris Weidman : let's bring statistics !

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
CAREER STATISTICS:

Jon Jones

Significant Strikes Landed per minute : 4.26
Striking Accuracy : 54%
Significant Strikes absorded per minute : 1.97
Striking Defense : 66%
Average Takedowns landed per 15 minutes : 2.30
Takedown Accuracy.: 51%
Takedown Defense : 94%
Average submissions attempted per 15 minutes : 0.7

Anderson Silva

SLpM: 3.21
Str. Acc.: 64%
SApM: 1.59
Str. Def: 63%
TD Avg.: 0.64
TD Acc.: 77%
TD Def.: 69%
Sub. Avg.: 1.0

Chris Weidman

SLpM: 3.43
Str. Acc.: 43%
SApM: 2.18
Str. Def: 61%
TD Avg.: 3.75
TD Acc.: 56%
TD Def.: 100%
Sub. Avg.: 1.2

I highlighted the best stats of the three of them. That's an old post that I have now completed

Facts that we knew :

- Jones has more striking volume that the other two. He brings a higher pace and hits his target at an average of 4 times per minute. Nice.

- Silva is the most accurate, with 64% of his shots landed. He also is the most elusive of the group, as he absorbs only 1.59 shots per minute.

- Weidman tends to bring his wrestling skills more often than Jones, with 3.75 takedown landed per 15 minutes, so in a 3 rounds fight.

- Weidman also reminds us how good his ground game with the most submissions attempted

More surprising facts :

- Anderson is more efficient when he tries to bring someone down. 7 takedowns out of 10 are a succes

- We tend to forget that no one ever took Weidman down. Ok, he did not faced that many wrestlers but still.. Gustafsson and Cormier took Jones down, so even a striker can put an elite wrestler on his ass.

I don't really think any of those stats are particularly illuminating or really all that worthwhile.

Silva has a 0% win percentage in fights that involve either Weidman or JBJ.
Weidman has beaten Silva twice.
JBJ is in a different division and hasn't fought either. Although JBJ has fought a number of blown up middleweights due to schedule.

JBJ is in a different division and hasn't fought either. Although JBJ has fought a number of blown up middleweights due to schedule.

Hmmmm.....So what are you saying exactly? MMAth tells me 1 + 1 = SUPER HEAVYWEIGHTS would DESTROY those guys in a pound for pound brawl!

In all seriousness yes Jon Jones would Not beat Anderson Silva because he would FEAR doing so and beating him. But then his Evil-Doing nature would kick in and he would remember his PPV points and kick the shit out of Anderson I feel. I honestly think a Weidman (completely healthy NO injuries) would go a full five rounds with Jones or he has the strength and heavy hands to negate Jones wrestling AND possibly knock him out.

It would be EPIC if Weidman moves up. I think a Jones Weidman fight would be the theatrical equivalent to Rocky at the end both of them are so fucked up and beaten up they both agree to NO REMATCH. ;-)

Actually I think it could be when and IF Jones comes back or Weidman decides to move up the most important fight the UFC could eventually schedule. It would rock.

You sure they're blown up mw's??? Not natural lhw's that cut down to mw?? I think thats more like it

Anderson 10 (11*) consecutive defenses.

Jones and Weidman...not 10 (11*) defenses.

Just kidding. Cool stats TS. Wonder who will put Weidman on his back first.

LOL!!!

Hey Einstein!

Name all the middleweights Jones has fought due to schedule, in his entire career.

Anderson 10 (11*) consecutive defenses.

Jones and Weidman...not 10 (11*) defenses.

Just kidding. Cool stats TS. Wonder who will put Weidman on his back first.
Anderson- known roider.

Jones and Weidman... not known roiders.

Anderson- known roider.

Jones and Weidman... not known roiders.

Yea with all those positive tests. One shady test at the end of his career dont mean shit hater. He hasnt even been proven guilty of roiding.

More surprising facts :

- Anderson is more efficient when he tries to bring someone down. 7 takedowns out of 10 are a succes

- We tend to forget that no one ever took Weidman down. Ok, he did not faced that many wrestlers but still.. Gustafsson and Cormier took Jones down, so even a striker can put an elite wrestler on his ass.

It isn't surprising at all that Anderson could get takedowns easily. Why? Because his opponents feared his striking so much that they had their hands up and didn't expect him to turn into NCAA Anderson. McGregor scares his opponents badly enough with his striking too that takedowns come easily for him (watch the Holloway fight specifically).

Weidman hasn't been taken down in the UFC yet but he has once in his MMA career thus far. It was against Araujo, his first defense of his Ring of Combat MW title after knocking out Uriah Hall to claim it. The takedown was an inside trip/reap if I recall correctly but it happened at the end of the round and Weidman apparently wasn't concerned much with the guy's takedowns.

Give Weidman a few years before we start comparing him to Silva and Jones.

Back