Anderson Silva vs DC at LHW

If they want to end Anderson's career on a really bad note, they could do this. There's absolutely no way this fight will ever happen, it would be bad business and a major fuck you to Anderson.

Silva has went up to LHW and soundly defeated Griffin and Bonnar. Silva signed on for 15 more fights in the UFC, and does not want to fight Jones because they are friends. This would be Silva's toughest test at 205. Would Silva be willing to go up in weight and face DC? Who do you guys see winning this fight? I think this fight would be huge PPV numbers for the UFC and a very good fight.
I don't think Silva has the youth, defensive wrestling, or TDD of Jones, while falling victim to many of the same holes that Weidman was able to exploit. For those reasons, I'd pick DC as the favorite, and expect a decision in his favor (especially in a three round fight).

I think a more interesting matchup, would be someone like Gus. Good length and boxing, a touch of wrestling, but not an overly busy top game, vs Anderson who loves to strike, and has a solid enough ground game to keep the fight interesting in all areas.

If they want to end Anderson's career on a really bad note, they could do this. There's absolutely no way this fight will ever happen, it would be bad business and a major fuck you to Anderson.

What if Anderson knocks DC out with a well placed kick to the head or punch to the jaw? Anderson might be able to clinch with Cormier and force him to eat knees. I don't think it would be bad business because it is two well know fighters that fans would want to see fight. Everybody is just counting Silva out of this fight, and Anderson could always give a duck you reply to the UFC about taking this fight.

I don't think Silva has the youth, defensive wrestling, or TDD of Jones, while falling victim to many of the same holes that Weidman was able to exploit. For those reasons, I'd pick DC as the favorite, and expect a decision in his favor (especially in a three round fight).

I think a more interesting matchup, would be someone like Gus. Good length and boxing, a touch of wrestling, but not an overly busy top game, vs Anderson who loves to strike, and has a solid enough ground game to keep the fight interesting in all areas.

I really like your suggestion of a Gus fight for Anderson. That would be a stand up war that the fans would really like to see.

Interesting that you are a mind reader, but Miiiiighty did mention how Anderson dodged the top guys at LHW proir to Jones's claim to the top.

I'm not a mind reader but I read his post and it sounded reasonable, Anderson also did take favorable match ups when he fought at LHW and has turned down offers to fight LHWs before like against Shogun.

I don't think Anderson is ducking the LHW division cause he's not a LHW but he was smart about what fights he took at LHW.

He would toss him around like a sack of potatoes

Agreed, it would be a dick move on the UFC's part to make this fight.

im pretty sure if you asked this before Silver broke his leg everyone would have chosen him
..i'd still go with the Spider...DC is to slow and he would gas trying to take Anderson down

DC beat old man Hendo and hes a god
Anderson lost via 1 knockout in his entire career when he was fucking around and suddenly he is a joke
nice logic guise

Are you serious? You saw what Sonnen was able to do to Silva right? DC is much much naturally larger and I'd saw a much better MMA grappler. Plus he doesn't wilt under pressure.

Yeah, it's a silly matchup. Given Anderson's biggest trouble is good wrestlers, why would he sign on to a match like that? Remember when Phil Davis was calling Anderson out? It's hilarious. Why would Anderson want a fight with Phil "hold you there and hit your forever" Davis?? Or DC??

TS, stop smoking that stuff. There's better stuff out there.

im pretty sure if you asked this before Silver broke his leg everyone would have chosen him
..i'd still go with the Spider...DC is to slow and he would gas trying to take Anderson down

DC beat old man Hendo and hes a god
Anderson lost via 1 knockout in his entire career when he was fucking around and suddenly he is a joke
nice logic guise

You really believe this?

Yeah, it's a silly matchup. Given Anderson's biggest trouble is good wrestlers, why would he sign on to a match like that? Remember when Phil Davis was calling Anderson out? It's hilarious. Why would Anderson want a fight with Phil "hold you there and hit your forever" Davis?? Or DC??

TS, stop smoking that stuff. There's better stuff out there.

Silva would take this fight to prove to the sheeple that Silva can beat a good grappler with heavy hands. Plus both guys beat Hendo by Rear Naked Choke, so this fight just makes sense to me. I just feel Anderson needs to be tested against the best and not some standup guy that is much smaller than him. NO Dick move on the UFC's part here just making matches that the sheeple want to see.

Chael planted Silva on his ass at will, what do you think DC would do? Horrible fight for Silva.

Back