Anderson Silva Training/Coaches

zman84

White Belt
Reaction score
A question for any people aware of Anderson and his training. I know Ramon Lemos has been in his corner for quite some time now and listed as his head trainer. Over the past few fights Anderson has had Lemos, Edelson, Pedro Rizzo, Feijao as well as Rogerio Camoes and Luiz Dorea at times. My question is why Josuel Distak, the coach at X-GYM where Anderson trains often has not been in his corner? It seems that Anderson trains at X-GYM just as much, if not more than anywhere else and i'm just curious as to why Distak would not be in his corner. In some of the previous training videos he has had, Anderson has been shown training at X-GYM but there is no sign of Camoes or Distak, just Lemos and sometime Edelson. Distak has been quoted at times saying he thinks Anderson has performed best when he spends a full camp with him at X-GYM, so is there a strained relationship between these two or between Lemos and Distak? I was just wondering if anyone knows any more details on this subject or can provide more info about Anderson's training and what role his coaches play. Thanks

A question for any people aware of Anderson and his training. I know Ramon Lemos has been in his corner for quite some time now and listed as his head trainer. Over the past few fights Anderson has had Lemos, Edelson, Pedro Rizzo, Feijao as well as Rogerio Camoes and Luiz Dorea at times. My question is why Josuel Distak, the coach at X-GYM where Anderson trains often has not been in his corner? It seems that Anderson trains at X-GYM just as much, if not more than anywhere else and i'm just curious as to why Distak would not be in his corner. In some of the previous training videos he has had, Anderson has been shown training at X-GYM but there is no sign of Camoes or Distak, just Lemos and sometime Edelson. Distak has been quoted at times saying he thinks Anderson has performed best when he spends a full camp with him at X-GYM, so is there a strained relationship between these two or between Lemos and Distak? I was just wondering if anyone knows any more details on this subject or can provide more info about Anderson's training and what role his coaches play. Thanks

the relationship between Anderson and Distak is good, as far as I know they do not ha any problems between them...

That's good to hear. I just feel as though Lemos gets a lot of the credit and Distak kind of gets forgotten when he helps with a lot of Anderson's training. I would like to see him back in his corner.

Back