Anderson Silva says he is having problems kicking in sparring and training

Nicks not that good of a fighter and has never been able to beat the top fighters. Even if Andy is washed up he should still beat Nick

LOL...."Not that good"....yeah, because nothing that Nick has done throughout his career has been impressive, at all. Competing at the highest of levels against the best guys in the division. lol....the guy beats the crap out of BJ, arguably beats Condit, and went 5 rounds with Georges (granted, everybody goes 5 rounds with Georges). Nick is a tough match-up still for guys like Robbie and Johny. Anybody that says otherwise isn't using the logical part of their brain.

LOL...."Not that good"....yeah, because nothing that Nick has done throughout his career has been impressive, at all. Competing at the highest of levels against the best guys in the division. lol....the guy beats the crap out of BJ, arguably beats Condit, and went 5 rounds with Georges (granted, everybody goes 5 rounds with Georges). Nick is a tough match-up still for guys like Robbie and Johny. Anybody that says otherwise isn't using the logical part of their brain.

exactly... theres never been a fighter like nick imo, i never liked him but damn this guy is the real deal no doubt, and i respect him. he is top 5 at ww and could be good at mw , but we will see how he does at mw.

also I feel that this fight was a bad choice for nick, anderson is going to really beat him bad i hope the money is worth it, some things are simpler then they seem, anderson is a different beast all together and even though he has been out of his prime for a while now he is still ahead of 90% of the fighters in the ufc.

I'm missing something here? Did Anderson say he is having probs kicking and sparring? Or, is it the TS that is saying this to get views? Thread is bull shit IMO. Not to mention source is an Instagram joke.

The theory for years is that Anderson got knocked out in training at some point, which altered his style drastically. He's always had amazing defense, but his style became almost completely defense oriented seemingly overnight years back. I've always thought it was indicative of being starched in training. Once he finally took some hits from Weidman, it was clear his chin wasn't what it used to be.

His chin is definitely shot, I completely agree with that. It's like you're saying...how many years has Anderson been getting punched in the face? Well over 20-years. Chael dropped him. People like to discredit Chael for it, but he hurt him. That was the first time when I thought that maybe Anderson's ability to absorb punishment was fading. I don't know if you listened to Rogan's podcast when he had Schaub on here, recently (where he told poor Schaub to retire and that he wasn't elite). But our brains weren't meant to be scrambled. And these guys have it scrambled, professionally. Some every day. Nick has a very, very real chance of knocking out Anderson if Anderson decides to over-commit to something and gets hit with a counter. No need for a third Weidman fight. Chris hurt him in both fights, and he was well on his way to winning the second fight before the injury.

Anderson now seems like he's become his idol Roy Jones, he'll show flashes of his former greatness but whenever he fights a guy that is confident and pressures him he'll get KTFO.

Nick is the worst matchup for him at this point. I don't see how Andy wins this unless he can stop Nick early.

Anderson pulls out with an injury, Diaz vs Brock up next

I'm missing something here? Did Anderson say he is having probs kicking and sparring? Or, is it the TS that is saying this to get views? Thread is bull shit IMO. Not to mention source is an Instagram joke.

It's Sherdog what do you expect.

His chin is definitely shot, I completely agree with that. It's like you're saying...how many years has Anderson been getting punched in the face? Well over 20-years. Chael dropped him. People like to discredit Chael for it, but he hurt him. That was the first time when I thought that maybe Anderson's ability to absorb punishment was fading. I don't know if you listened to Rogan's podcast when he had Schaub on here, recently (where he told poor Schaub to retire and that he wasn't elite). But our brains weren't meant to be scrambled. And these guys have it scrambled, professionally. Some every day. Nick has a very, very real chance of knocking out Anderson if Anderson decides to over-commit to something and gets hit with a counter. No need for a third Weidman fight. Chris hurt him in both fights, and he was well on his way to winning the second fight before the injury.

Nick will pressure him and there's a good chance of KO unfortunately. Shame, if he got knocked out this past weekend... it severely changes the fight.

He always loses to top fighters that makes him a mid tier fighter. Edgar beat the crap out of BJ too and is half Nicks size. Nick is an entertaining fighter that could be a top fighter if he put in the effort rather than throw fits and go off sulking when things don't go his way.

He didn't come close to beating Condit mainly because if you don't stand in front of him he has nothing for you. His foot work is terrible and it's why he taunts people and tried to goad them into a brawl it's his only way to win. Now a flat footed brawler having a chance even with a non prime Silva is just not happening especially when you factor in the weight class.

Ah, and so the excuse making begins.

Umm, when you're 39 and shattered your leg in your last fight, some of these things may just be facts.

But this is Sherdog. Where a guy could come down with cancer and the mouthbreathers here would try to call him an excuse-monger and make a bunch of memes about "Non-Cancerous (fill in fighter name here) LOLOLOL" to go with Motivated Penn and Healthy Shogun.

LOL just Anderson being Silva, is normal

just wait now for an interview when he says he kicks better than before and perfectly fine

I don't remember how you got hurt that time. Could you provide more detail?

Umm, when you're 39 and shattered your leg in your last fight, some of these things may just be facts.

But this is Sherdog. Where a guy could come down with cancer and the mouthbreathers here would try to call him an excuse-monger and make a bunch of memes about "Non-Cancerous (fill in fighter name here) LOLOLOL" to go with Motivated Penn and Healthy Shogun.

If he has cancer he should pull out of the fight

Back