Anderson Silva Returns to Face Jared Cannonier at UFC 237

That was the argument for Silva vs Adesanya not Cannonier vs Silva. Cannonier is 34 years old and is has 2 wins in his last 5 fights. Its a lose/lose not a win/win, fight makes no sense.
well it worked for Adesanya even with his half assed pillow fisted sparring session
the issue was that Adesanya was too skilled and intelligent to make it a good "fight"
so they're running it back with a less skilled fighter. it'll produce an outcome favourable to one of them.

Who wants to watch washed up Anderson especially against unknown guy? He still ain't going to produce a HL reel finish.

lol at everyone complaining about the fight they'll surely turn on to watch

What a waste of one of Anderson's last fights. A win for Anderson does nothing for him, Cannonier is too old and crappy to become a contender himself win or lose, and it's a fight no one cares about so it won't draw.

They should cancel this crap and book Anderson vs Shogun. Dream fight for fans and winnable for both at this point.

I was hoping for the same thing! He should be fighting a big name for what could be his last fight.

If Silva wins he retires. Isn't top 10 anymore and will walk off in Brazil. Hope this is what happens.

Anderson is really ruining his legacy with this fight

Dana needed a name.
That means SIlva is fighting what is available with the time they have.

IMHO no one care who Silva fights (in Brazil). They want to see him fight. That's about it.
its silva, its a milking cow. you could make something better

Silva vs Weidman makes more sense, to see if Weidman is still a top10 or has completely lost it. Good to see Silva is still doing this, though we are not gonna see vintage Silva, ever again.

who do you got? i hope anderson wins and retires.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

or

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Pretty sure we had threads about this fight already.

I sure as hell hope Silva wins. This is one of those out of nowhere fights that I don't know how to feel about. 44 year old Silva fighting somebody with decent power and no name value.

Sounds like yet another uneventful decision to me

At least he isn't hand picking weak champions and then running away from the challengers.
He is just getting beat by everyone (including Bisping) like a dog and sticking around for the money.

UFC trying to feed him a win.

Back