Anderson Silva part ways with UFC, now is free agent

My favorite fighter of all time and I hope to never see him fight again, sadly I doubt it.

If he pulls some BULLSHIT and signs with PFL, I will be very temporarily disappointed. I cannot believe Werdum skipped all the matchups at Bellator to fight nobody at PFL. Bellator MW and LHW would have some cool matchups for Silva. Hell even fedor at HW would be sick.

I mean, will anyone be watching him wherever he goes?

Whoops Uriah <Eek2.0>
444243-5c1669be40f51f901926b35134ba3374.jpg

Maybe a two fight deal with Bellator, or somewhere else to fight old legends. Dana trashed him on the way out but let him go it looks like, pretty nice of him I guess.

my guess he wants to ditch USADA and bang all juiced up a few more times

3 or 4 more fights. I fucking guarantee. Its hard to drop the ball when you are an athlete. Those guys are young, if you think about it. 40 years old? Who the fuck on sherdog will retire at 40? None. Thats an age you didnt even go through the middle age crisis yet. Must be HARD to stop.

I hope he doesn't start fighting in another promotion but I suspect he might.

He really shouldn’t but he doesnt listen to his family or coaches who have been telling him for years to retire. He will probably end up in One or some Brazilian promotion smashing cans

He’s not that shot. Could have easily had a Shogun fight or even a Weidman rematch. At this point, I’d have no problem favoring him in either.

oh well. I only say this if he insists on continuing on. He really should retire though.

Yeah, I have a suspicion we'll be seeing him fight again. Belfort has probably already messaged him saying "come to ONE! I'm so juiced I feel I could fight for another 20 years!"

People knew they were in for some crazy shit when they heard "ain't no sunshine" play.

Yup, very hard to find those moments these days.

Always a fan of the Matrix Man!

Wait it says on mma fighting or whatever update Dana reached out to TMZ and said Silva still under contract.

I find the decision to “retire” him a bit strange. He is far away from being a ranked MW, but he’s not a bad fighter. He looked pretty good against Hall no matter what Dana says. Silva should have retired years ago, but now that he has ONE single fight left on his contract, why not let him fight it out? It’s not like he’s getting demolished like Iceman, Franklin, Shogun etc - he’s competitive. If they find him the right fight they would easily be able to sell a decent amount of PPVs to cover the cost for his salary. Hopefully we won’t see Silva in Bellator or One FC, retirement is long overdue.

Back