Anderson Silva part ways with UFC, now is free agent

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
anderson_silva.0.jpg

Former UFC middleweight king Anderson Silva is free to sign with other MMA promotions

“The Spider” is longer a UFC fighter, multiple people with knowledge of the situation told MMA Fighting.

Anderson Silva still had one bout left in his deal with the UFC after a fourth-round defeat to Uriah Hall in October, but both fighter and company opted to part ways, sources said. The former UFC middleweight champion is now free to sign with any organization.

Moments after his most recent defeat in Las Vegas on Oct. 31, Silva (34-11, 1 NC) said it was “tough to say it’s my last” fight. He changed the tune a day later, however, releasing a statement in which he said “goodbye to an entire life dedicated to my sport.” Silva is still undecided if he will continue fighting, sources said.

Silva, 45, is one of the greatest fighters to ever enter the octagon, setting the record for most UFC wins in a row (16) and reigning as the middleweight champion between 2006 and 2013. His victories over Vitor Belfort and Chael Sonnen changed the way MMA was seen in Brazil, turning him into a massive star.

The Spider walks away from the promotion with a UFC record of 17-7 and one no contest, including wins over the likes of Dan Henderson, Forrest Griffin, Rich Franklin (twice) and Demian Maia. Silva only won one of his last nine octagon appearances with defeats to Daniel Cormier, Israel Adesanya, Chris Weidman, Michael Bisping and others.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Crazy how a fighters career comes full circle like this. There was a time when many ppvs were sold on his name alone.

People knew they were in for some crazy shit when they heard "ain't no sunshine" play. Regardless of your opinion of him, he was a human highlight real in his prime and he was the top dog in UFC over guys like GSP & Jones at one point. The end of an era forsure imo.

Iz normal

I wouldnt mind seeing him do something else then MMA...and still compete but fighting MMA isnt really necessary anymore for him..imo

Maybe some Grappling underground,metamoris...Adcc...

Or kickboxing

Or even boxing...

But no bare knuckle or MMA...hes got nothing left to prove

Crazy how a fighters career comes full circle like this. There was a time when many ppvs were sold on his name alone.

People knew they were in for some crazy shit when they heard "ain't no sunshine" play. Regardless of your opinion of him, he was a human highlight real in his prime and he was the top dog in UFC over guys like GSP & Jones at one point. The end of an era forsure imo.

Iz normal

Innovated the game of mma in different aspects, thank you Anderson Silva.

Would of been nice to see him crush a can for his way out instead of being matched with another killer tho.

He should fight Fedor, pretty even fight nowadays since watching Fedor getting slapped about by Fabio Maldonado & Silva getting knocked out by Ryan Hall <Lmaoo>

I want to see him roided up and in matrix mode

You mean do a crocop?

look unbeatable outside the testing pool
Lose every fight inside the testing pool
go on a 10 fight winning streak outside the testing pool

Sign me up for that shit :)

I wanna see erectile dysfunctional Anderoid vs Adesanya.

I'd say maybe we'd finally get Machida/Silva, but (A) they were never interested because they were buds, and (B) I could see that one as 95+% feinting at each other and really pissing people off.

Back