Anderson Silva Ko's sparring partner, GnP's on him while he's out

wowspare

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
[YT]MafI-bbQvq8[/YT]

Yes, those punches were light taps, but the guy was already out from the knee ffs

I saw this yesterday. I didn't get the GnP part either. I don't know if he thought the guy was still there.

didnt see this part on the vid i saw, and it was full of exageratted slow mo crap, someone else posted a diff vid that came out today that looked alot better none of the slow mo and showed his striking alot better, though hes still doing that headweave crap. Seem's like a dick move to beat up on a sparring partner when he's already out, but i dont know the context of the situation.

Either way i can't wait to see the spider step back in the octagon, then we will see if he TRULY back.

perhaps to simulate getting rocked in a fight and still having awareness on how to recover? Not that hard to figure out.

perhaps to simulate getting rocked in a fight and still having awareness on how to recover? Not that hard to figure out.

Sorry i assumed the training was more oriented for him as he wasn't wearing nearly as much safety gear as the guy he was hitting.

P4P most brutal gnp I've ever seen

[YT]MafI-bbQvq8[/YT]

Yes, those punches were light taps, but the guy was already out from the knee ffs

Fantastic sig. In regards to the video; I'm sure there is a far more efficient way to train this scenario BUT

Sorry i assumed the training was more oriented for him as he wasn't wearing nearly as much safety gear as the guy he was hitting.

Then maybe it's to simulate for Anderson. Helping him transition from the feet to the ground.

Then maybe it's to simulate for Anderson. Helping him transition from the feet to the ground.

Im not sayin any of what you guys are saying isnt true. it's just the way he made that come off was the guy was obviously in the middle of his "Getting KTFO" training and that i was braindead for not instantly assuming so

All i was trying to say is isnt that crazy for me to not come to the previously stated conclusion given the amount of safety/training gear the other guy was wearing in comparison to silva.

An umpire wears a faceplate to Protect him from the ball not to practice his face catching technique

I want to see him do the same thing to Nick Diaz and end his career.

I can't imagine he drilled his finishing abilities like in that video. There are only so many brain cells he can pay for.

I can. Habits needs repetition. That being said, I doubt the little taps did anything. They are almost shadow boxing.

I grew up in an old school boxing gym so I understand a lot of the methodology. Having experienced it for years I also know 100% it isn't the smartest way to train, but those select few that survive generally prosper.

Typically though they are also the fighters with the worst head trauma at the end of their careers.

I can. Habits needs repetition. That being said, I doubt the little taps did anything. They are almost shadow boxing.

Maybe he drilled it with sparring partners pretending to be rocked. But actually knocking them down/out... you're gonna run out of sparring partners before you repeat that drill enough times.

Maybe he drilled it with sparring partners pretending to be rocked. But actually knocking them down/out... you're gonna run out of sparring partners before you repeat that drill enough times.

I know. It isn't the smartest way to train. A fighter randomly [faking] getting dropped during sparring would be a more effective drilling method.

Old school guys take a lot of unnecessary damage.

I was waiting for this thread (no i haven't check to see if one has already been done). Nice knee, sparring partner rock, shit happens, had Pho later and hugged it out, is normal.

Sometimes you need to spar full contact. And those hits after the knock down was with no power.. relax.

well, he said he was not going to pay a lot for that muffler.
mess with the bull and get the horns

Back