Media Anderson Silva Exposes Boxing HighGuard/BIG Glove Defense, they would get KTFO with 4oz Gloves.

This is Sherdog boxing shills in a nutshell:

saying boxing got exposed is ridiculous ... if you're a mma fighter then you're training in boxing, muay thai, jiu jitsu, and wrestling ... if any of them were useless forms of fighting, then no mma fighter would be training in any of those disciplines

Reminder Silva also gets knocked out with 4oz gloves.

3sIz.gif
By wrestlers
I suppose elite wrestlers are better at striking in mma

A lot of boxing forum shills were saying Chavez Jr would school Anderson when the fight got announced. Now, it's "he's been the laughing stock of the boxing world his entire career and was never any good".

Damage Control Mode 100%

As ever the reality is somewhere in the middle.

upload_2021-6-20_12-26-58-jpeg.862259

^^^^ This my friends, is why an MMA fighter will KTFO a boxer in a stand up only, 4oz fight.

They are used to shelling up/covering up with those big ass gloves when shit gets tough....That shit gets you killed in MMA....Not to mention, you ain't covering shit with 4ozers.....

Chavez tried to simply cover up but Anderson's precision was way too precise, he still got em even tho he had a big ass glove, imagine what would've happened if he had a 4oz........

Anderson Silva would've KTFO JCCJR with 4oz, no doubt in my mind.

I'll take Ngannou with 4oz over Fury any day......Paulie had a hardtime with fucking Artem lol.

"Anderson's precision was way too precise"

7303510f7883bb20ccabd4e97fc97d77.gif

upload_2021-6-20_12-26-58-jpeg.862259

^^^^ This my friends, is why an MMA fighter will KTFO a boxer in a stand up only, 4oz fight.

They are used to shelling up/covering up with those big ass gloves when shit gets tough....That shit gets you killed in MMA....Not to mention, you ain't covering shit with 4ozers.....

Chavez tried to simply cover up but Anderson's precision was way too precise, he still got em even tho he had a big ass glove, imagine what would've happened if he had a 4oz........

Anderson Silva would've KTFO JCCJR with 4oz, no doubt in my mind.

I'll take Ngannou with 4oz over Fury any day......Paulie had a hardtime with fucking Artem lol.

Not really. If anything it means someone with better hands i.e a boxer will butcher an MMA striker fast.

What are you 12? What is MMA fans obsession with "real fights". If you want real fights go watch worldstar. MMA is a SPORT!!!! Who gives a shit who would win in a street fight

And almost every time MMA fighters get into a "real fight" they just throw hands anyways
What are you 12? What is MMA fans obsession with "real fights". If you want real fights go watch worldstar. MMA is a SPORT!!!! Who gives a shit who would win in a street fight

And almost every time MMA fighters get into a "real fight" they just throw hands anyways

What are you, 5? You wanna watch sports go watch the olympics. We watch MMA for violence and ways to cause as much damage possible without the use of weapons. You wanna watch two dipshits throw hands go watch world star. This is about fighting, not scoring points. MMA is too violent for you.

I'll take Ngannou with 4oz over Fury any day

Ray Mercer beat Tim Sylvia, former UFC champion.

Floyd Mayweather beat Conor McGregor.

Even with 4 oz gloves, Conor wouldn't be able to touch Floyd much.

Conor said, "Strong in the clinch. Great understanding of frames and head position. He has some very strong tools he could bring into an MMA game for sure."

Conor walks around at over 170 pounds and outweighs Floyd, but Floyd still had the strength not to get pushed around in the ring.

USATSI_13571783_168388457_lowres-e1612311549648.jpg

Ben Askren has taken plenty of punches with 4 oz gloves, and yet he was floored by a youtube boxer with heavier gloves.

"Ben Askren: I’ve faced trained killers in four-ounce gloves, Jake Paul does not concern me".

Female boxer, Danyelle Wolf, punches as hard as Poirier.

Last edited:
Fury doesn't use high guard "big glove" defense unless he gets rocked / hurt

He uses head / upper body movement
62f6d485f8b6d30247502c018c01d617.gif

giphy.gif

ValuableColorlessBarnowl-size_restricted.gif

And then long guard, which is what Jon Jones and tall fighters use a lot. It's hard to land a right hand when somebody has an 85 inch and their arm is extended like this
View attachment 862863
Tyson Fury is a fan of Lerdsila, confirmed.

How long until he pops for roids.

Anyone can get slept in MMA because of the gloves + a bunch of other shit. Its the most volatile and unpredictable combat sports ruleset.

Still though, boxers are dangerous as fuck if you go into their wheelhouse. The guys that are considered good boxers in MMA are B or C level by actual boxing standards.

Join date - january of this year - checks out for fragile and insecure newbie mma fan.

GSP tapped to strikes from 4 oz. gloves
View attachment 862864

Worse, he tapped to an armlock from 4 oz gloves, and its way easier to defend against submissions when you and your opponent are wearing gloves than when you're barehanded.

Beyond that, tapping to chokes and armlocks makes far less sense than tapping to strikes -- ask any doctor if a potential broken arm is worse than head strikes on an already concussed head and they'll think you've absolutely no medical knowledge. That's why several medical associations want to ban boxing and MMA, but none want to ban judo or BJJ -- broken limbs simply aren't a big deal medically, head blows are a very big deal. Only someone whose medical knowledge is forty years out of date would think tapping to strikes is a bigger deal than tapping to an armbar, but for some reason its just the tapping to strikes than anyone mentions.

Any doctor will tell you the hierarchy is pretty obvious: the first thing you should tap to is head strikes, then leg locks, then arm bars, then chokes (which aren't a big deal at all so long as they don't continue after you've passed out). Only in Sherdog bro-science is being choked out or armbarred more dangerous than head strikes.

No because not everyone knows how to split the guard and not everyone is as precise as Anderson. Plus not everyone uses the high guard all fight. That's pretty basic defense and most roll and parry/slip with it as well and counter in between. Plus slick style boxers have an open guard that is filled with counters and lead punches so that will be a harder puzzle to solve. That style gives other high level boxers problems and will give mma fighters problems as well. Chavez Jr isn't the best representative for boxing skill. Fighters like Canelo/PAC/Floyd/Loma/Bud/Fury/etc is the type of boxers you want to assess and judge.
Can you tell me who Bud is please? Might fill an hour on youtube.

Worse, he tapped to an armlock from 4 oz gloves, and its way easier to defend against submissions when you and your opponent are wearing gloves than when you're barehanded.

Beyond that, tapping to chokes and armlocks makes far less sense than tapping to strikes -- ask any doctor if a potential broken arm is worse than head strikes on an already concussed head and they'll think you've absolutely no medical knowledge. That's why several medical associations want to ban boxing and MMA, but none want to ban judo or BJJ -- broken limbs simply aren't a big deal medically, head blows are a very big deal. Only someone whose medical knowledge is forty years out of date would think tapping to strikes is a bigger deal than tapping to an armbar, but for some reason its just the tapping to strikes than anyone mentions.

Any doctor will tell you the hierarchy is pretty obvious: the first thing you should tap to is head strikes, then leg locks, then arm bars, then chokes (which aren't a big deal at all so long as they don't continue after you've passed out). Only in Sherdog bro-science is being choked out or armbarred more dangerous than head strikes.
You talk as if you are so sure about their findings. Yet no one can prove anything about CTE. Ever wonder why that is? You have doctors that don't fight repeating things from textbooks that can't even prove CTE is real. You have fighters from all the years who don't exhibit any signs of brain damage or CTE even at old age. Yet you have non-fighters who have never fought in combat sports or took any hits to their head exhibit brain damage and similar CTE symptoms which is dementia and Alzheimer's. Which all look the same in the brain. So unless you or doctors can actually prove CTE then you just sound dumb. You have theories. Prove it first. This is why CTE is only a theory. This is what people fail to realize when speaking on it. It's an unproven theory. What people consider CTE is also exhibited in normal brains of non-fighters who have never experienced brain trauma or strikes to the head.

Yes more studies need to be done on the subject. But you are speaking with certainty over an unproveable theory. Keep updated with the actual studies, before you speak on things like they are facts.

Back