Media Anderson Silva Exposes Boxing HighGuard/BIG Glove Defense, they would get KTFO with 4oz Gloves.

Well then it wouldn't be boxing. There are aspects of all martial arts that become useless in a real fight (MMA). Yes MMA is as real as it can legally get. Advanced wrestling is also useless in a fight. You're not trying to get up to score a point and win on a technicality. Even basic wrestling rules won't work in a real fight
You can't tell someone "you can't lock your hands" like in wrestling.

MMA takes the most effective tools in all combat sports / martial arts and discards the useless things that only work to score in that style's sport. What else is new? All styles have useless things in it. MMA, the sport variation, tho it's as real as it gets, ain't perfect either. Ain't nobody gonna stop kneeing you in the face because you put a hand down. MMA training for outside the cage self defense is best tho.

upload_2021-6-20_12-26-58-jpeg.862259

^^^^ This my friends, is why an MMA fighter will KTFO a boxer in a stand up only, 4oz fight.

They are used to shelling up/covering up with those big ass gloves when shit gets tough....That shit gets you killed in MMA....Not to mention, you ain't covering shit with 4ozers.....

Chavez tried to simply cover up but Anderson's precision was way too precise, he still got em even tho he had a big ass glove, imagine what would've happened if he had a 4oz........

Anderson Silva would've KTFO JCCJR with 4oz, no doubt in my mind.

I'll take Ngannou with 4oz over Fury any day......Paulie had a hardtime with fucking Artem lol.

I agree up to the point where Ngannou beats Fury.

Silva definitely proved that Top-level MMA strikers would be competitive in boxing. Boxers have talked too much shit for too long on how MMA fighters can't strike. A 46-year-old Silva embarrassed a 55-5 fighter 11 years his junior that was also former world champ.

But let's not get too crazy. Fury's boxing skills on another level. Perhaps the most technical HW we have seen in a long time.

If it is with 4oz gloves then isnt boxing...Silva fought JC Chavez Jr, its like Floyd fighting mid level MMA g...wait, Floyd already exposed a 2 division champ in boxing.
How shit is the talent in professional boxing if a guy who is 52-6 and a former champion with multiple title defenses is "mid level?" So if he is mid level, what level are the 52 guys he beat up? Are there 52 guys better than him?

And what exactly did Floyd expose about Conor? That he can't beat a guy in boxing that nobody has beaten in his professional career spanning 50 fights? So Conor got exposed as not being the boxing GOAT?

Well then it wouldn't be boxing. There are aspects of all martial arts that become useless in a real fight (MMA). Yes MMA is as real as it can legally get. Advanced wrestling is also useless in a fight. You're not trying to get up to score a point and win on a technicality. Even basic wrestling rules won't work in a real fight
You can't tell someone "you can't lock your hands" like in wrestling.

MMA takes the most effective tools in all combat sports / martial arts and discards the useless things that only work to score in that style's sport. What else is new? All styles have useless things in it. MMA, the sport variation, tho it's as real as it gets, ain't perfect either. Ain't nobody gonna stop kneeing you in the face because you put a hand down. MMA training for outside the cage self defense is best tho.
What are you 12? What is MMA fans obsession with "real fights". If you want real fights go watch worldstar. MMA is a SPORT!!!! Who gives a shit who would win in a street fight

And almost every time MMA fighters get into a "real fight" they just throw hands anyways

How shit is the talent in professional boxing

Dude, just stop. Nothing is more embarrassing then when someone tries having an opinion on something they know nothing about. Like, boxing hate boxing, it doesn't matter. Boxing undeniably has a MUCH deeper talent pool then any other combat sport and its not even a bit close.

Do you know anything about JCC jr? He has been the laughing stock of the Boxing world for years

Dude, just stop. Nothing is more embarrassing then when someone tries having an opinion on something they know nothing about. Like, boxing hate boxing, it doesn't matter. Boxing undeniably has a MUCH deeper talent pool then any other combat sport and its not even a bit close.

Do you know anything about JCC jr? He has been the laughing stock of the Boxing world for years
You can't have it both ways.

A former boxing champion, 52-6 can't be mid tier AND boxing is deep with talent. Pick one or the other. Either way, the guy's argument falls to shit.

That's my point. I wasn't trying to trash boxing, I was just pointing out the flaws in his argument.

Why bother responding to something if you don't even read 1 full sentence to understand what is being said? You got triggered by half a sentence.

a 55-5 fighter 11 years his junior that was also former world champ.

Obviously you don't know anything about boxing or JCC jr. So why even comment on JCC jr? Its embarrassing. Chavez Jr has been the laughing stock of the Boxing world for years. You trying to talk him up by saying "55-5 fighter" and "former world champ" shows you don't know anything about him. And if you don't know anything about him than your opinion on what it means for MMA fighters Boxing means jack shit

Go to any Boxing forum or ask any Boxing fan about Jr and see what they say about him

You can't have it both ways.

A former boxing champion, 52-6 can't be mid tier AND boxing is deep with talent. Pick one or the other.

Uh....maybe its because boxing is deep that he can have so many fights without facing much top talent. There are way more Boxers than MMA fighters. This isn't 10 years ago and JCC Jr and his drug problems, lack of heart and lack of dedication as of late has made him become a joke of the Boxing world.

I don't know if you watch Bare knuckles boxing, but the fighters with MMA backgrounds seem to beat the fighters with boxing backgrounds more often.

I haven't watched much of the bare knuckle stuff except for Malinaggi v Lobov, personally I thought Paulie won it, I'm not sure how their scoring works though.

Uh....maybe its because boxing is deep that he can have so many fights without facing much top talent. There are way more Boxers than MMA fighters. This isn't 10 years ago and JCC Jr and his drug problems, lack of heart and lack of dedication as of late has made him become a joke of the Boxing world.
You are still arguing against a point I am not making?
Cool.

Boxing is lame. They basically fight with pillows on their hands

If it is with 4oz gloves then isnt boxing...Silva fought JC Chavez Jr, its like Floyd fighting mid level MMA g...wait, Floyd already exposed a 2 division champ in boxing.

So boxing can no longer be called the sport of punching.

It is now the sport of punching with pillows.

Obviously you don't know anything about boxing or JCC jr. So why even comment on JCC jr? Its embarrassing. Chavez Jr has been the laughing stock of the Boxing world for years. You trying to talk him up by saying "55-5 fighter" and "former world champ" shows you don't know anything about him. And if you don't know anything about him than your opinion on what it means for MMA fighters Boxing means jack shit

Go to any Boxing forum or ask any Boxing fan about Jr and see what they say about him

A lot of boxing forum shills were saying Chavez Jr would school Anderson when the fight got announced. Now, it's "he's been the laughing stock of the boxing world his entire career and was never any good".

Damage Control Mode 100%

Spoken like a guy who never sparred with a boxer. Coach Chris Ben-Tchavtchavadze use to make me feel like a fool in the ring and he is half my size with a bad hip.

High guard is more risky in MMA but can still work with adjustments. Petr yan keeps a very high guard and so does Justin gaycheese. You can't hide behind the gloves however which is even a bad habbit in Boxing and Kickboxing to have.

Claiming that Silva (an A level MMA fighter) exposed boxing by beating Chavez JR, who has sucked for years, if like saying Mercer exposed MMA by beating Tim Silva, who had by that point also sucked for years.

There are a lot of different defensive styles in boxing and yeah ,some guys use high guard and shell...but there are a lot of alternatives. If a top boxer was looking to transition to MMA, he/she would work on a different guard that would be more effective for MMA...it's not rocket science.

As a bunch of other folks already pointed out, splitting the guard is also a pretty well known tactic in boxing and is in fact taught as a way of dealing with a high guard.
Yup. Anderson looked good and it was super fun, but If you know anything about Chavez jr, you know he's been washed badly for years, he misses weight, doesn't train, gives up, etc which is why he got booed by the crowd during his walkout in his own country. He's a bum.

upload_2021-6-20_12-26-58-jpeg.862259

^^^^ This my friends, is why an MMA fighter will KTFO a boxer in a stand up only, 4oz fight.

They are used to shelling up/covering up with those big ass gloves when shit gets tough....That shit gets you killed in MMA....Not to mention, you ain't covering shit with 4ozers.....

Chavez tried to simply cover up but Anderson's precision was way too precise, he still got em even tho he had a big ass glove, imagine what would've happened if he had a 4oz........

Anderson Silva would've KTFO JCCJR with 4oz, no doubt in my mind.

I'll take Ngannou with 4oz over Fury any day......Paulie had a hardtime with fucking Artem lol.

"I'll take Ngannou with 4oz over Fury any day......Paulie had a hardtime with fucking Artem lol."

In boxing, Fury would embarrass Ngannou extremely badly.
Paulie was never a knockout guy. He's also old, his hands are brittle as fuck and he fought Artem in bareknuckle. He broke his right hand in the first round.

Back