Anderson Silva earns a cool 20k from Heebok

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Rebel_LioN, Feb 10, 2019.

1. MEAN357

MEAN357 DMF belt

No shit just the exclusive sponsor to the fighters. UFC has free reign to bankroll whatever but the fighters have to take that fucking sweet 3k reebok money

2. MEAN357

MEAN357 DMF belt

I mean yeah i absolutely understand the concept but in the UFC the execution is still terrible. And to my other point FedEx and UPS get benefits, unions, health insurance, retirement plan etc. They dontn derive half or more of their income from independent sponsorships like fighters do.

Again, i understand its practicality but I'm gonna advocate more for the fighters than the company lol, the reebok deal is a joke when it comes to sponsorship money. I understand WHY - because reebok cant shell out 100k to every other fighter on the card... but that still makes it a bad deal for the fighters even tho it admittedly looks better than the stick in vinyl add trunks from back on the day lol

3. Perrichet

Perrichet Tinpot Belt

4. DespicablePeep

DespicablePeep Brown Belt

At 43 he should be making a lot more considering its the tail light of his career.

If UFC did not have this bullshit arrangement with Rebook he would have made bank.

5. Rea_ctor

Rea_ctor Black Belt

Not really at 43 he should very much be retired as far as athletes go, he should have and did make money in his 20s to 30s when he was at his peak and height of his career.

6. GordoBarraBJJ

GordoBarraBJJ Gold Belt

Much better than his Nike deal.

7. BigTruck

BigTruck Yellow Card Yellow Card

$600,000

Rea_ctor likes this.
  8. Rea_ctor

Rea_ctor Black Belt

Hahaha so the guy made a total of $670,000 for 15minutes work and the white knights of sherdog think that isn't enough? I love this place.

9. PicoPulse

PicoPulse Yellow Belt

I need those Justine Kish used shorts.

BlankaPresident likes this.
  10. ChumpyKiwi

ChumpyKiwi Green Belt

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-bok

11. ChumpyKiwi

ChumpyKiwi Green Belt

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-bok

12. Prince Nephilim

Prince Nephilim Brown Belt

No fucking way!!!!

13. Optimus15

Optimus15 Orange Belt

Aaron Chalmers made over 50k in sponsor money saturday night.

14. BigTruck

Yeah pretty much. A guy was giving me shit bc josh emmit makes 90k a fight and I said that was really good for him. He said he deserved much more. He has like 6 or 7 ufc fights 90k is a ton especially if u fight more than 2x a year. These people think just bc you fight you should get paid 50 mill a fight.

Rea_ctor likes this.
  15. sherdogwantedtonamemekiki

sherdogwantedtonamemekiki Orange Belt

Jesus. All you people bitching about the money others making. It sucks, but for fuck's sake these dumbasses had the chance to stand up to this crap by siding with the fighter's union. It's their fault they aren't getting paid what they should be, it's their fault they decided to pursue a profession in fighting, if they don't like it then go back to school.

16. -Dim-

-Dim- Gold Belt

yes you can. there are loads of fighters making a shit ton from sponsors. there are some fighters whos only social media posts are hawking various supplements, scales, sportswear, shoes and god knows what else

they just cant have sponsors on their in ring clothing, and they cant wear sponsors at things like weigh-ins, official pressers etc.

just like any other sport with independant contractors have clothing rules..

take these guys for instance, all independent contractors, yet have to wear this uniform covered in sponsors

[​IMG]

they dont get sidermec pay, or androni pay, or colnago pay, or kenda pay

(One slight variation on cyclists they are allowed shoe sponsors, and some teams allow sunglasses sponsor where there isnt a team glasses sponsor)

big difference though, they are contractually obliged to wear team gear at all times, when training, even if going out for a ride with the family on a sunday.. UFC fighters arent forced to train in reebok

FrankieNYC likes this.
  17. Rea_ctor

Rea_ctor Black Belt

I know fella, if you're a half decent fighter you can easily become a millionaire or live very comfortably, if you're not good enough there's nothing stopping you changing career early on or even studying alongside for when your career is up.

18. Kinniku

Kinniku Purple Belt

I'm glad that Fedor never had to suffer this indignity.

19. CerebralKnievel

CerebralKnievel Silver Belt

Actually, UPS, yes, and FedEx (if they're employees) yes as well, but my point was that tons of FedEx drivers are owning and leasing their trucks and are contract employees so they were not receiving any of those benefits.

This was like ten years or more that I read the article, so I don't know if they perhaps filed and won a class action suit since then, but this practice of contract employees is a pervasive issue all across our country today and is a common product of corporate greed. Not defending or attacking the UFC here; just commenting that they aren't alone. Look up articles highlighting this issue in every company from CBS to facrbook to Uber. They love contractors as they can buy them on the cheap.

MEAN357 likes this.
  20. BigTruck

Exactly what I said

Rea_ctor likes this.