Anderson Silva deserves the title shot

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Drinii, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Drinii

Drinii Blue Belt

because of the way both fights ended BUT, he should not fight weidman again, even though both fights ended in flukey ways and yes not all of us agree on here but even if they did not end like that weidman is clearly the better fighter and would of been victorious in the end.

this is coming from a huge AS fan.. he is too old weidman is too strong his wrestling is too good and he will suffer another defeat, he could potentially KO weidman but its only like a 3/10 chance.

ALSO GUS will finish anthony and jones.

2. Megatronlee

Megatronlee Red Belt

Dude. I'm the biggest spider fan ever....just give it up. I don't wanna see my hero get beat up again. I hope to god Vitor knocks out weidman

3. RockUmSockUm

RockUmSockUm Black Belt

He lost by KO and then by TKO. Breaking your leg via checked kick is a legit loss. Andy does not deserve a title shot, especially for beating Nick Diaz, a guy who hasn't fought in almost 2 years and hasn't fought at MW for longer than that.

4. Aliendoll

Aliendoll Orange Belt

The first fight ended in ko, that's not a fluke that's as definitive a finish as it gets, the fact that he danced around is on him. The 2nd fight is the one that ended flukey. If they fight again Weidman would most likely demolish him.

I would love to be wrong about that but I just don't see it. Chris beat him standing up, in the clinch, and on the ground. Silva would have to have a radically different approach to have any chance at winning.

5. Bmartin89

Bmartin89 Purple Belt

he does not deserve a rematch period

6. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

Anderson definitely deserves the title shot and have him beating Weidman. Both prior fights were extremely flukey.

AND it doesnt matter what Weidman nutthuggers want. Dana said that Anderson is getting the title shot and that is that.

7. Dethrone1989

Dethrone1989 Brown Belt

3/10 chance, TS says.

8. 5Rounder

5Rounder Brown Belt

I'd give him the rematch - GOAT loses twice in the flukiest of fluky ass ways, and he's on the verge of being too old to fight. And this is coming from someone who's always disliked the spyda.

9. Deleroux

Deleroux Purple Belt

I'm not opposed to Silva/Weidman III. I'm not opposed to Silva deserving another title shot. What doesn't make sense to me is how a win over Diaz earns him a title shot over the current contenders.

This could potentially stall the impressive momentum of the division at this point.

MW is stacked with star power and talent who haven't just come off long layoffs or major injuries, and who have been defeating legitimate MW competition.

10. CountOfSoCal

CountOfSoCal Black Belt

Lets just forget that Weidman essentially flash KO'd Andy at his own game in the second fight.

11. Big Brother

Big Brother Purple Belt

No. I'm a huge fan of AS, but no.

12. KlNG

KlNG Thank you for more post per page.....

This is the UFC bruh...Rankings/legitimacy don't matter.

13. Deleroux

Deleroux Purple Belt

It definitely comes off as a 'milking it for all its worth' situation to me. Just $$$. UFC wants to cash in on whatever Silva has left before it's too late. And they're doing it at the expense of the other fighters and the division, unfortunately.

14. jenlan

jenlan Silver Belt Platinum Member

If Anderson deserves a shot at the title, then Fedor deserves to be brought in the UFC and get a shot at Cain for the title.

15. Sac423

Sac423 Brown Belt

Weidman bested Silva in the clinch in the rematch. That's Silva's bread and butter. Silva can't do anything from the outside, as shown in their two fights, only thing that was getting to Chris were the kicks and we all saw what happened after Weidman tightened that defense up.

Grappling is Weidman's bread and butter.

If Silva wins he will ask for another fight until Dana throws enough money at him to reluctantly change his mind.

16. Empyreal

Empyreal Orange Belt

only way silva would deserve new shot a the title is that he would look fresh newborn spider...but at the age 39 (next fight after diaz he would be 40) i cant see him suddenly rejuvenate

17. taggermest

taggermest Green Belt

Fuk it if he wants to get down w CW again let it be. I agree. Silva is still the man and can hang with top level fighters but more often than not will lose to unique ELITE champion fighters like JJ or CW

A Silva can still beat vitor , can still beat guys like Nick Diaz. Who are dangerous champion material. But not elite best of the best.

I'm a huge Nick Diaz fan . Huge. And I do think he has what it takes to be an elite fighter he just hasn't perfected his strategies. Like cutting off the ring from a running baby leg point kicker aka condit (who has fought everyone except nick in a warrior fashion). Nick hasn't been able to control the fight vs GSP. but still is highly skilled and toe to toe can put anyone away but that gap is the difference between top level - elite.

18. Dionysian

Dionysian Silver Belt

Didn't think Cung Le's "do over" from a promotion that desperately wants him to win was over the top enough?

Wait until you see Anderson-Weidman 4 and 5.

19. Khabib Fan

Khabib Fan Physics is Religion

I like Anderson, but The Chris is better than him. Contest is over.

20. edwardfingerhut

edwardfingerhut Blue Belt

Why is everyone obsessed with the word flukey.....btw Silva was destroyed via Ko in the first fight by a fighter that most people said was gonna beat anderson.....