Anderson Silva describes being KOed

I had a similar experiences when I got choked out one time. In my mind I was passing his guard and I could hear the other guys around the mat talking about me being out and I'm like "wtf are they talking about I about to take side control". Then I came to with everyone looking down at me. I've also gotten choked out and just had crazy lucid dreams and felt very refreshed when I woke up. Never been knocked out though .

I've seen drunk people get choked out, wake up sober, then go back to being drunk in around 2mins. Funny how that works.

I think that Ace when he was the champ and prime Hendo would be top 5 in today's MW division.

Franklin wouldn't stand a chance. When he was champion he was fighting guys like Loiseau and Quarry. He isn't elite caliber by today's standards.

Henderson would be top 10, but hardly a consistent top 5. He would most likely lose to Weidman, Rockhold, Jacare, Mousasi, Yoel and current Bisping.

The rest of Anderson's competition would either be unranked or low end top 10's and they wouldn't touch the top 5.

Franklin wouldn't stand a chance. When he was champion he was fighting guys like Loiseau and Quarry. He isn't elite caliber by today's standards.

Henderson would be top 10, but hardly a consistent top 5. He would most likely lose to Weidman, Rockhold, Jacare, Mousasi, Yoel and current Bisping.

The rest of Anderson's competition would either be unranked or low end top 10's and they wouldn't touch the top 5.

Ah, there is your motive

Weidman messed with his head in that fight.

Triggered ^

Did Bonnar and Maia also mess with his head?

No, his head was already messed up.

Weidman is a solid top MW, but not a dominant champ.
He was in the right pace at the right time.

Did Bonnar and Maia also mess with his head?

No, his head was already messed up.

Weidman is a solid top MW, but not a dominant champ.
He was in the right pace at the right time.

No, he was toying with them.

Against Weidman he was just desperate (he even admitted he was out of control). The reason is Weidman took him down and gnp'd him unlike the others. Then Silva went straight into clown mode without even getting Weidman's timing down, unlike in the other fights where he would take his time to study his opponent.

Weidman's ground game was too dangerous, so his best bet was to drop his hands both to defend TD's and bait him into his counters, but Weidman was smart and picked his shots well.

To the casual eye it might look like Anderson was just doing what he did against guys like Forrest and Bonnar, but in reality everything about his fight with Weidman was different.

No, he was toying with them.

Against Weidman he was just desperate (he even admitted he was out of control). The reason is Weidman took him down and gnp'd him unlike the others. Then Silva went straight into clown mode without even getting Weidman's timing down, unlike in the other fights where he would take his time to study his opponent.

Weidman's ground game was too dangerous, so his best bet was to drop his hands both to defend TD's and bait him into his counters, but Weidman was smart and picked his shots well.

To the casual eye it might look like Anderson was just doing what he did against guys like Forrest and Bonnar, but in reality everything about his fight with Weidman was different.

That's great that you've used your brilliance to come up with this pile of horse shit.

That's great that you've used your brilliance to come up with this pile of horse shit.

It's true. Anderson was desperate (confirmed by post fight interviews from both him and his coaches) and that was thanks to no other but Chris, who did everything different than Silva's previous opponents.

Effective gnp. Something Forrest, Bonnar, Okami, Maia, etc. couldn't do.

andyrockedslw_zps5b92990e.gif

When they got up Silva went straight into clown mode, but Chris fought smart and made Anderson desperate.

Not overcommitting:

1c7VgTO.gif

Unlike Forrest:

bdFLUGk.gif

Being elusive:

Anderson+Silva+Misses+Chris+Weidman+-+UFC+162.gif

Unlike Forrest:

29uq99c.jpg

Picking his shots and moving away to avoid counters:

Anderson+Silva+Pretends+Not+to+Get+Hurt+-+UFC+162.gif

Unlike Forrest who ran forward with his chin exposed:

anderson+silva+forrest+griffin+knockout.gif

Making Anderson pay for his taunting:

Chris_Weidman_vs_Anderson_Silva_Highlight_On_Top.gif

Unlike Bonnar who didn't even know what to do:

anderson-silva-bonnar-spin.gif

At no point Silva was toying with Weidman like he was againts the rest of his opponents. In fact Anderson was desperate because of everything Chris did during the fight and that ultimately led to the KO.

Back