Anderson Silva describes being KOed

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Interviewer: Anderson Silva, what is worse, getting knocked out in the UFC or giving 200 interviews explaining why it happened?

Silva: Getting knocked out I guess.

Interviewer: Is it worse than people asking about it? Like I'm doing again and again and again...

Silva: No no, there will always be questions. Fans, people, they want to know what happened, but being knocked out is worse because you can't remember. There is just a blackout, and then when you wake up you're like, "Uh? What Happened? The fight is over?" And the ref says, "Yeah, it's over and you lost." "But how?" Then the ref says, "you got knocked out" "BUT HOW?" The ref then answers, "You took a big shot and fell to the mat."

Interviewer: Lights out? Do you even feel the pain?

Silva: No, you don't feel anything. You will only feel it later, and there is that old motto, 'cry on the bed because it's warmer'.

2:20

'cry on the bed because it's warmer'

<mma4>

was ko'ed once while trainning with a friend.

When I woke up I couldn't remember what just happened, I instantly thought I drank too much once again...

(yes I'm kind of a drunk)

Let us remember that moment with a gif:

fau33t.gif

Last edited:
patt barry said he could hear everyone around him talking. he said when kongo KO'd him he was hearing people saay" oh yeah hes out,....hes out bad". Pat said he was in his mind, talking to them sayin "im not out...im not out." but he was infact knocked dead.

never been ko'd but nothing about it seems fun

cry on the bed because it's warmer

Hmmmm

patt barry said he could hear everyone around him talking. he said when kongo KO'd him he was hearing people saay" oh yeah hes out,....hes out bad". Pat said he was in his mind, talking to them sayin "im not out...im not out." but he was infact knocked dead.

never been ko'd but nothing about it seems fun

I had a similar experiences when I got choked out one time. In my mind I was passing his guard and I could hear the other guys around the mat talking about me being out and I'm like "wtf are they talking about I about to take side control". Then I came to with everyone looking down at me. I've also gotten choked out and just had crazy lucid dreams and felt very refreshed when I woke up. Never been knocked out though .

I had a similar experiences when I got choked out one time. In my mind I was passing his guard and I could hear the other guys around the mat talking about me being out and I'm like "wtf are they talking about I about to take side control". Then I came to with everyone looking down at me. I've also gotten choked out and just had crazy lucid dreams and felt very refreshed when I woke up. Never been knocked out though .
damn lol. whats funny is jonny hendricks said he got Ko'd in practice for the first time ever by phil baroni. he said he woke up and felt like a million bucks and wanted to keep training.

ko's be weird sherdawgs

was ko'ed once while trainning with a friend.

When I woke up I couldn't remember what just happened, I instantly thought I drank too much once again...

(yes I'm kind of a drunk)
Never been KO'd, but I got dropped once in a street fight very badly.

Essentially I was chilling out on my own on a wall, 20 minutes prior I had just beat the shit out of this kid I hated, he was pretty messed up. Some dudes who barely even knew him decided to "get involved" and they spotted me, I saw them running towards me shouting shit, so I stood up. Next thing I know I'm trying to talk my way out of another fight with 3 dudes and one of them just cracks me square in the face - I saw black and then was in a heap on the floor.

I couldn't have been out, out, because I remember the whole thing, but damn that was a messed up moment.

Back