Anderson Silva & Chris Weidman talk Rematch on ESPN Sportscenter!

Watching an Anderson Silva interview is pretty much one of the most miserable experiences in sports today.

Lol at Soares being literally useless in this interview. Andy really has a sort of tough time expressing himself in english.

Anderson was underestimating Weidman's striking ability way before the night of the fight. Watch the countdown to UFC 162 where Anderson says "Weidman's striking needs work" He went into the fight completely thinking that Weidman had nothing in the standup for him. In this rematch this same scenario won't happen.

Sorry Weidman fans, but Chris Weidman will lose his title on December 28th. Watch how Anderson is going to finish him. Watch.

Anderson's getting subbed.

And Anderson clearly explains what went wrong and why he got KO'd. It was the difference of one small step.

I have said since the start and posted the gif exchange that shows it was the small adjustments Chris made, and not what Anderson did that got him KO'd. Chris never over reached or lunged or let himself get off balance, in the face of taunting like Anderson's prior opponents, and instead continued to make small adjustments forcing Anderson off balance which lead to him getting KTFO.

You see Anderson try to step back and lean back to setup up his counter but Chris steps in forcing him to lean too far back and too far off balance and then lands the KO shot.

You see Anderson try to step back and lean back to setup up his counter but Chris steps in forcing him to lean too far back and too far off balance and then lands the KO shot.

Sorry bro but you're full of shit. Weidman did not 'force' anything. Anderson made a horrible mistake and Weidman was there to do what he was supposed to do.

Anderson was underestimating Weidman's striking ability way before the night of the fight. Watch the countdown to UFC 162 where Anderson says "Weidman's striking needs work" He went into the fight completely thinking that Weidman had nothing in the standup for him. In this rematch this same scenario won't happen.

Sorry Weidman fans, but Chris Weidman will lose his title on December 28th. Watch how Anderson is going to finish him. Watch.

For sure and he had a video of himself training BJJ with a brown belt as well. I think his mentality wasn't 100% for this fight. But it doesn't take away anything that happened, now he knows Chris is legit so hopefully he gives him that respect it.

Serra 2.0 coming up guys :)

Sorry bro but you're full of shit. Weidman did not 'force' anything. Anderson made a horrible mistake and Weidman was there to do what he was supposed to do.

Don't mind him he is in every Anderson thread trolling

Don't mind him he is in every Anderson thread trolling

trolling with video proof.

His actions were specifically different than anything we've seen and exceptional. It was the small things Weidman did and did not do that were the difference in this fight.

He did not chase Anderson in the face of taunting like others. He continued to measure Anderson, take small and adjusted steps in and finally KHTFO when he got Anderson to over commit and off balance, much like how Anderson in the past has finished his opponents like Forrest.

And you cannot give Anderson credit for getting Forrest off balance and over committing and finishing him while not seeing Weidman did the same with Anderson before KHTFO. (well Anderson fans can as they like to have it both ways)

here is the video evidence from a prior thread and my post.

--------------

Anderson has made a career out of baiting guys into his game. He drops his hands and challenges their pride and they become completely ineffectual and run at him, giving him exactly what he wants. Or they get frustrated and quit mentally.

i4uzh7yKiB8aq.gif

Weidman remained focused in the face of taunting and did not bite and run at Anderson and instead kept to his game plan of picking HIS SPOTS instead of chasing Anderson's bait and openings. He continued to measure Anderson and to bait him back which no one has ever done.

That was step one of Anderson's demise.

788419746.gif

Weidman then went a step further as his confidence grew and he began to taunt Silva by dropping his hands and offering up his head for free punches like Nick Diaz taunts his opponents. This threw Anderson as no one had done that to him before and it made Anderson miss in his attempts to him.

that was step two of Anderson's demise.

pqCUo.gif

Which lead to this statement by Anderson after the fight.

"After he lost, though, (Anderson) admitted that he struggled, and that he couldn't hit Weidman."

And Weidman was landing shots all through the fight even as Anderson missed above and was pretending Weidman was not hitting and upping his clowing.

Anderson getting tagged and realizing he was struggling to hit a hands down taunting Chris was step 3 of his demise.

k-bigpic.gif

nothing suggests big shots are landing more then a fighter pretending they are not. Video evidence from other angles show just how well Chris had measured Anderson and how significant his shots landed were.

l6d.gif

the big shots landed were the finale.

weidmansilvagnp.gif

enter KTFO gif which ends the fight.

So yes, Weidman did's lots special and unique as no one had done those things to Anderson in his UFC run. No one had come close and Weidman deserves full credit for it. he caused Anderson's errors.

^ post the Belfort or Hendo fight rather than constantly posting the same shit to prove your point. Weidman won't KO Anderson again his best bet at winning is by decision or submission. Anderson is goin to be more cautious with his feet and he is going to keep the distance. If the fight goes to the ground it should be interesting Anderson trains with Jacare and Galavo. You are going to feel very dumb when Weidman loses this rematch.

Also don't get me wrong Chris's win has to be respected, but he KO'd a guy who was purposely showboating with his hands down. If Anderson was fighting like this against Hendo or Belfort he would've lost to both of them. Trust me Anderson won't lose this.

We shall see December 28th if Anderson loses welp read my sig, but if he wins :)

Last edited:
Granted I don't keep up with all the interviews and sound bytes but this bit was the first time I'd heard AS say he was "just joking" in reference to Chris.

Not that I really care either way. I don't even care who wins the rematch. I'd wanted to see AS starched for a very long time and it finally happened. Asking for that twice would be far too greedy.

He was asked if the punch was lucky by some interviewers a few weeks ago, and he said yes (also that JBJ was his copy). I think it's very clear AS was fed up with the same question over and over, and was trying to sarcastically give them an answer. Problem is; you can't joke around like that with the press. They take everything you say literally. This is all fuelled by the media imo.

Good interview.....although I think they are pushing this "Anderson style" and dropping his hands a bit too much. He really doesnt to it that much, its exaggerated.

Back