Anderson Silva & Chris Weidman talk Rematch on ESPN Sportscenter!

BJ Peen is da bess. UFC is da great sport. I trainy hard. I fight. That's it, that's it.

Anderson probably thinks it was a lucky punch.

Or rather ... lucky that he himself messed up.

Anderson talked about changing one "step".

That step most likely is him planting both his feet flat and bending his knees ... that pose made it so he couldn't move out of the way of that punch.

So ... was Weidman's punch lucky? ... no ... he used good technque in taking advantage of Silva's mistake.

So ... lucky that Silva messed up ... but skillfully capitalized on that mistake.
Not all mistakes go unpunished. It takes skills to take advantage of someone else's mistake.

Weidman's star will just contune to get brighter.

Actually you illustrate what is the funniest and most hypocritcal thing. Are you even aware enough to understand what you're saying here? Weidman wins and all of a sudden AS wasnt trying and not being serious...That's your take on the fight as you admit it right here in this post I'm qouting..LOL. All of a sudden he wasnt one of his victim anymore after the fact, huh? You're essentially mocking the same thing you did and dont have the brain to realize it.

Everyone giving Weidman no credit was saying OMG Chris is done it's over just like you admitted. When the fight was over all the stuff that made you so sure Anderson would win all of sudden was the only reason he lost. LOL you, fanboys and crybabeis cheered yeah anderson showboat, it's over Chris's done. After the fight they booed, cried fix, say he wasn't being serious enough and anyone would'vebeten him that night. LOL at the time AS was being serously deadly andwasabout to finish Chris.

So why did you cheer & think Chris was done? Because AS acted liek that many times in the past and won? Chris won the first rnd easily. Why did you think he looked like another one of Silva's vctims? Based on what? And why did your opinion change?

Chill out.

its funny how the outcome changes the perception of the whole fight...after weidman`s gnp when silva got up, and especially after the first round and the "kiss" I thought weidman looked like another one of silva`s victims. Weidman wins and all of a sudden he dominated the fight.

I agree but in a way you do not intend.

During the second round it looked exactly like Weidman was falling into Andy's game. There is a youtube video of Jones and Faber with a live Mic on and they thought so too. Why? Because the clowning is how Anderson sets guys up to break their will and then lose.

But Weidman stays focused and KATFO and suddenly the 'outcome' has Anderson fans saying 'oh, Andy was fighting bad or not fighting at all' when just a few minutes prior, they thought Andy was doing exactly what Andy does and what works for him.

had it worked it would have been brilliance and instead it does not work and 'outcome' gets a tons of Andy fans pretending it was all wrong.

I agree but in a way you do not intend.

During the second round it looked exactly like Weidman was falling into Andy's game. There is a youtube video of Jones and Faber with a live Mic on and they thought so too. Why? Because the clowning is how Anderson sets guys up to break their will and then lose.

But Weidman stays focused and KATFO and suddenly the 'outcome' has Anderson fans saying 'oh, Andy was fighting bad or not fighting at all' when just a few minutes prior, they thought Andy was doing exactly what Andy does and what works for him.

had it worked it would have been brilliance and instead it does not work and 'outcome' gets a tons of Andy fans pretending it was all wrong.

No ... he was overclowning like he did vs Maia. That is what I was thinking. "Hmmm he seems to be overdoing it ... wow ... he really thinks this guy is nothing to him" then BAM ... Silva got KTFO.

Silva over did it. Check out his fights with other people other than Maia ... name another fight where he trolled or clowned to that same level.

its funny how the outcome changes the perception of the whole fight...after weidman`s gnp when silva got up, and especially after the first round and the "kiss" I thought weidman looked like another one of silva`s victims. Weidman wins and all of a sudden he dominated the fight.

I dunno... my buddies were yukkin it up... but even live I knew Anderson was frustrated because he was having a lot of trouble landing, and I said so. It wasn't like Weidman was landing anything serious, either... but take the body language out and the striking game was pretty even, with Weidman landing a take down and coming pretty close to cinching in a heal hook.

I love Andy, and hope he wins... but this isn't a sure thing, and never was.

I haven't watched it, but my bet is that he says 'it's normal' several times. I'll update once I've watched it.

Edit: I was wrong.

Last edited:
I just rewatched because so many ppl say weidman outstruck silva. What a bunch of crap. Silva was so overconfident because Weidman was offering nothing standing and was not attempting to take him down. This overconfidence cost him bad..

Think about what "outstruck" means.

What did Weidman land? Multiple flush punches to the face eventually leading to Anderson KO'd

What did Anderson land? a couple low kicks

Anderson was underestimating Weidman's striking ability way before the night of the fight. Watch the countdown to UFC 162 where Anderson says "Weidman's striking needs work" He went into the fight completely thinking that Weidman had nothing in the standup for him. In this rematch this same scenario won't happen.

Sorry Weidman fans, but Chris Weidman will lose his title on December 28th. Watch how Anderson is going to finish him. Watch.

I just rewatched because so many ppl say weidman outstruck silva. What a bunch of crap. Silva was so overconfident because Weidman was offering nothing standing and was not attempting to take him down. This overconfidence cost him bad..

He hit him multiple times without being hit. The most basic definition of outstriking.

Anderson probably thinks it was a lucky punch.
Ha he said the opposite at least 20 times since the fight ended.

I've seen the fight multiple times. I remember saying during the fight that Anderson needs to be careful as he's clowning way, way too much. Then he gets KO'd.

Weidman doesn't have very good striking but he has some decent power, Anderson disrespected Weidman's power and got KO'd as a result. It's really simple honestly.

Weidman was also fading rapidly at the time of the KO.

Or rather ... lucky that he himself messed up.

Anderson talked about changing one "step".

That step most likely is him planting both his feet flat and bending his knees ... that pose made it so he couldn't move out of the way of that punch.

So ... was Weidman's punch lucky? ... no ... he used good technque in taking advantage of Silva's mistake.

So ... lucky that Silva messed up ... but skillfully capitalized on that mistake.
Not all mistakes go unpunished. It takes skills to take advantage of someone else's mistake.

Interesting.

No ... he was overclowning like he did vs Maia. That is what I was thinking. "Hmmm he seems to be overdoing it ... wow ... he really thinks this guy is nothing to him" then BAM ... Silva got KTFO.

Silva over did it. Check out his fights with other people other than Maia ... name another fight where he trolled or clowned to that same level.

Okami, Griffin are the only two I can think of that come even slightly close.

But yea, it was Maia and Weidman in which he clowned the most by quite a margin.

Here is the vid of Anderson answering MY question about the Finish where he calls it a Lucky Punch FYI that is referred to in the ESPN interview

Anderson doing some Kung Fu Fighting with me :)

I believe Anderson is talking about taking one more step and throwing the up jab/Anchor punch that he hit Griffin and Chael with. I asked Anderson before and he called it "Step, Plane, Punch" and said "It's Normal" :)

You echo my analysis 100%. Too much emotion. Too much clowning. Very bad result this time.

no two clowning moves are ever alike, it is always different and always looks worse when it finally costs you.

You can go back to the start of Anderson's run and if Franklin had the reflexes and skill to make the smallest adjustment below and land that kick flush to Anderson's head and KO him people would have called that a ridiculous and dumb amount of clowning. Who stands flat footed and leans in and dances around a guys kicks when one mistake can easily see you KO'd.

xpnic3_jpg.gif

But Franklin was not good enough to capitalize and so that performance by Anderson was cited as great and an example of him 'doing stuff in the cage no one does' and 'the Matrix ZOMG'.

If Weidman was not good enough to make the small adjustments and just fell into Anderson's game by flailing and running recklessly at him, ala Forrest, and instead Anderson countered and KO'd Weidman then that performance similarly would have been called great and zomg The Matrix.

Whenever a fighter gets caught and finished clowning the amount of clowning will instantly be seen as unneeded and too much.

Anderson and young man Rashad could move loose, that is a good thing. leaning a bit back is ok. Leaning too far back with nowhere to go isn't. That hammer fist mattered.

So why did you cheer & think Chris was done? Because AS acted liek that many times in the past and won? Chris won the first rnd easily. Why did you think he looked like another one of Silva's vctims? Based on what? And why did your opinion change?

sorry for late response and let me answer your questions and clarify my point of view on this.

Chris won the first definitely. I dont have problem with that. The thing is that a lot of chris`s fans were using the word "dominated" and I guess it was a response to a lot of anderson fans saying "he lost cause he was clowning".
So, Chris won the first but he did not "dominate". When you dominate someone he certainly doesnt clown around with his hands down.

Why did I thought he looked like another one of as victims? Mostly the close up on chris`s face after the "kiss" at the end of the first round. He looked lost to me, but let`s say its a biased view of an anderson fan...

Obviously chris had the mental fortitude to stay focused and wait for his opportunity but to me up to that point it looked like all the people waited to see anderson land a counter after all that taunting.

Again, props to chris for having confidence in his strikes and throw combinations and not resort to one or two shots and be on the defensive. I think if anderson landed one good shot chris˙s confidence would sink, unfortunately anderson didnt. You probably think it was because he couldnt and I think its because he waited too long.

I think anderson will win the rematch but I dont exclude chris winning a decision either, he`s a great fighter.

Back