Media Anderson Silva..."Boxing Money" has been born.

Boxing fans aren't watching this chit.

MMA fans are though...

Another meme for Sherdoggers to run into the ground... yay...

UFC is cheap as fuck. PERIOD!

Guys at the top definitely get paid better than most, but they are still getting screwed over by the UFC. A more balanced revenue split with the fighters is what HAS to happen. Until that happens the UFC is some cheap ass greedy fucks.

Don't much care for this crossover era but good on Legacy fighters (boxing, MMA, or otherwise) having fun and making cash.

Enjoy if yer in!

I'm not paying money because I want to see Dana White.

I'm not paying money because I want to see Joe Rogan.

I'm not paying money because I want to see the ring girls.

The fighters are the ones who sweat, bleed, and cry for our entertainment.

how in the world are they paying him even more??
Boxing promoters are generally running on margins in the 10 percent range while the UFC runs in the 40-50 percent range. Most of that difference is in fighter pay.

People also vastly overestimate how much UFC champs in Silva's era were making. Anderson Silva was likely the highest paid UFC fighter in 2012, and the highest paid fighter in 2012 only made $4.89 million. That means Silva (2 fights in 2012) was only getting paid $2 or $3 million a fight, and one of his fights that year was the Sonnen rematch, which nearly broke the 1 million buy mark.

Boxing promoters are generally running on margins in the 10 percent range while the UFC runs in the 40-50 percent range. Most of that difference is in fighter pay.

People also vastly overestimate how much UFC champs in Silva's era were making. Anderson Silva was likely the highest paid UFC fighter in 2012, and the highest paid fighter in 2012 only made $4.89 million. That means Silva (2 fights in 2012) was only getting paid $2 or $3 million a fight, and one of his fights that year was the Sonnen rematch, which nearly broke the 1 million buy mark.
Yeah in boxing is sort of a known point that the fighters get a much larger cut than in the UFC, but i was under the impression that he made around 5 million per PPV main event, still 3 million for a co-main against Chavez Jr, not in the US sounds like he is stealing whoever puts up the event.

Yeah in boxing is sort of a known point that the fighters get a much larger cut than in the UFC, but i was under the impression that he made around 5 million per PPV main event, still 3 million for a co-main against Chavez Jr, not in the US sounds like he is stealing whoever puts up the event.
Yeah, I don't blame you. The numbers are pretty stark to look at it when you know those are paydays for guys like GSP, Silva or Brock. Probably the most embarrassing year for fighter pay was 2014. The top fighter didn't even make $2 million, and that's a year where Ronda Rousey fought twice and Jon Jones fought once. The top 5 fighters for pay that year made less than $4 million. Just depressing numbers.

Julio Chavez Jr. forfeits $100,000 to Anderson Silva after missing weight

<BC1>

https://www.mmamania.com/2021/6/18/...ses-weight-anderson-silva-boxing-news-mma-ufc

tenor.gif

So a guy that by his own words made good money in the UFC, and probably everyone knows he did, hence the term "Anderson Silva Money" was born because of it, if i got it right, will get paid even more in his boxing fight against JC Chavez Jr. a guy that isnt even famous for his big purses, he is a joke here in Mexico where the fight is taking place, how in the world are they paying him even more??

Timestamped 52:18

Because the promotor doesn't pocket 80% of the money.

If the NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB had been run like the UFC, they players would only make 40% of what they make today.

It's simple arithmetic. Those leagues have a 50-50 split, roughly, while the UFC has an 80-20 split.

Because the promotor doesn't pocket 80% of the money.

If the NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB had been run like the UFC, they players would only make 40% of what they make today.

It's simple arithmetic. Those leagues have a 50-50 split, roughly, while the UFC has an 80-20 split.
I know, i know, thing is the event doesnt seem that big to me and im local to it.

Too bad GSP is stuck in his jail contract that will see Dana keep him under his foot despite having no fight for him and believing he should stay retired.

Back