Anderson Silva as favorite, really? lol

hotdogs.jpg

Even if he was the underdog, it wouldn't be by much.

Same got into my mind :D

Weidman looked threatening for exactly one punch throughout that fight. He landed it, and won. Fair enough.

He took Anderson down, landed a couple of decent shots but couldn't really get any decent offense going. Then in the second he already looked tired and showed how slow and sloppy his striking was. Where as Anderson just looked like a dickheadtion and put himself in a bad situa. Weidman landed that punch, but he did nothing else in that fight to show that he should be the favourite for the rematch. I'm still hoping that the odds will turn closer to the fight to make it worth betting on Anderson.

You need to rewatch the fight with your blinders off. Anderson was landing nothing against Weidman, he landed a few leg kicks and that was all he could do. He tried for that front kick to the face and got denied, tried a knee and got denied, tried a crescent kick and was denied, tried throwing his hard straight punches and was also denied on all of them (none of them landed clean, Weidman was slipping them pretty easily). Weidman landed some hard GnP on him after taking him down immediately, then attempted two leg locks (which he won't do this time since they're low percentage moves and you lose top position). He then started decking Anderson with punches, hard ones. Weidman landed the first 2 punches before he even threw his finishing combination where his left hook ended it.

Weidman looks chubby now. Time to cut some fat bro!

You need to rewatch the fight with your blinders off. Anderson was landing nothing against Weidman, he landed a few leg kicks and that was all he could do. He tried for that front kick to the face and got denied, tried a knee and got denied, tried a crescent kick and was denied, tried throwing his hard straight punches and was also denied on all of them (none of them landed clean, Weidman was slipping them pretty easily). Weidman landed some hard GnP on him after taking him down immediately, then attempted two leg locks (which he won't do this time since they're low percentage moves and you lose top position). He then started decking Anderson with punches, hard ones. Weidman landed the first 2 punches before he even threw his finishing combination where his left hook ended it.

The main thing though is that Anderson just wont be himself in striking as some people expect. As i said all you need to do is evaluate any similar example of a fight. People still think it will be AS that drops hands and laughs full of confidence doing matrix moves, nope. It will be a defensive AS

He could have done so much more. He was just doing stupid, flashy stuff. He didn't throw any hard straight punches, he was just flicking them out there. I'd be concerned if Weidman didn't land any of the punches with Anderson just standing there totally flat footed. Jake Shields could have landed on him.

Anderson shouldn't be the favorite at all, so I agree. Then again, betting lines are getting ridiculous with the odds anyway (Gus was a 9:1 underdog against Jones ffs). I've got Weidman (the smart money) winning again anyway (by stoppage), 1st or 2nd round sub from top position or T/KO (from GnP).

Most people had him at that, even though I also realized the odds should have been closer to 3:1. But it seems bookies/people generally have huge favorites wrong, i.e. upsets happen more often than the implied chance suggests in those cases. The sample size isn't too big though, but the psychology of it makes sense.

I think a coin toss is about right in this fight. We don't know what a fight with a "serious" Silva will look like, and even though Weidman won on the feet, he really didn't look all that good while doing it.

this is only on 5dimes. Anderson is still a small fav on some of the other sites

Yea, just saw it. Kinda irrelevant though, expect for 'Sporting Bet' [Weidman +130, Anderson -175].
I use 5dimes and I usually don't hedge, but I'll never regret hedging my 5 team parlay with Weidman. This way I was still able to make profit when Weidman won.

2popsg4.jpg

it will take more than one loss for me to write off a guy that was in the zone for 7 years ts.

Weidman looked threatening for exactly one punch throughout that fight. He landed it, and won. Fair enough.

He took Anderson down, landed a couple of decent shots but couldn't really get any decent offense going. Then in the second he already looked tired and showed how slow and sloppy his striking was. Where as Anderson just looked like a dickheadtion and put himself in a bad situa. Weidman landed that punch, but he did nothing else in that fight to show that he should be the favourite for the rematch. I'm still hoping that the odds will turn closer to the fight to make it worth betting on Anderson.

uhhh your first sentence is just blatantly wrong.

I guess you might be right with Cro Cop but GSP is currently on the hottest championship streak in MMA and Arlovski was brutally knocked out a few times before even becoming UFC champion.

Stupid thread.

Stupid post. GSP is on by far the safest fighting streak since his KO. It completely changed who he was as a fighter which is what the thread is about. Learn to read before calling a thread stupid.

People seem to forget what happened with

- Cro Cop

- GSP

- Arlovski

- Any dominant striker who was humbled by vicious KO

The fear just sneaks in, its a shock to the mind(more then body) and naturally fighter will turtle by instinct in his next fights until body/mind realizes what the hell happened and adapts to the shock

This will be a perfect setup for the way Weidman actually started to win round 1

Shertards, start betting while the odds are still good my bros and hos
tumblr_m9kzyk4Yqg1rpz8gco1_500.gif

Silva is just gonna lose again n I wanna hear the excuses this time. And Please be original people.

Say fuck off to 5dimes, arguably the best online MMA betting bookie out there?

OK.

If there is a better offer you still bet there just because you think they are best?

You know how i know that you can't defend your shitty advice/thread ? :icon_chee

I am guessing its hard for a spastic with JoseAldoKiller nickname to understand concept of odd movements and psychology of the herd. It is sort of understandable that your mental resistance levels are getting drunk and writting shit on Sherdog

Back