Rumored Anderson Silva: “Chael completed me and I completed Chael”

ImpureShamefulCoot-small.gif

its good to see the spider being humble, he was always a guy i loved to hate, i actually paid good money for the maia/leites fights.

having that big rivalry, defending that title multiple times

beating champions and future hall of famers and making it look easy,

cleaning out the division, the guy already had a hall of fame type career,

chael see's this, is still undefeated and finally a real test for the invincible looking silva,
( imo he had favorable matchups and wasnt tested until later in his career) *except hendo* credit due for that one.

BUT chael blew up both of their careers in terms of popularity and main stream media attention,

made silva look human in that fight and i believe humbled him some. its great he acknowledges that.

starting to like the guy again, there is a similar situation in the lightweight division regarding rivalry,

and its anything but humble.

Whats crazy is both most likely were on peds for first fight and yet since chael got caught he couldn't take anything for the second fight but silva still was and it showed.

Silva-Sonnen-2-UFC-117-press-460x270.jpg

Greatest rivalry in the history of the sport.
And both are good friends at the end of it. Shows what a rivalry should be at the end of the day.
Greatest rivalry in sports is one where Sonnen wasn't good enough to win a single fight against Silva?

Waiting for the deepfake of jerry McGuire of Anderson Silva and Chael. “you complete me”

Very true. Remember, the first Chael fight followed the Demian Maia debacle. At that point in time, Anderson was not the beloved and universally respected figure he would become. People were legitimately asking that he, the reigning champion, be cut because of the performance. Dana was even promising to somehow make it up to the fans for such a disaster. This seems ridiculous in retrospect. Most of Silva's fights were finishes to that point. However, it's true that he was not a fan favorite/draw at this point in time.

Chael changed all of that. Their feud was legendary. Anderson's comeback win was magical. Chael provided Silva the perfect foil. Chael gave him his villain. Following their first fight, Silva blew up in popularity. The subsequent Vitor kick then accelerated his popularity even more so and the eventual Sonnen rematch was humongous.

Chael did his job perfectly. He helped make the best fighter in the world into the draw he should have been all along. Likewise, the feud gave Chael, to that point an unheralded wrestler with a grinding style, the chance to shine and make a career for himself as well. No two fighters have ever been as mutually beneficial to one another as Silva and Sonnen were.

Last edited:
Back in the old days every tweet by Chael got 10 pages+ of discussion.

If you're like me you're probably wondering wtf that even means.

I pondered it and this is my conclusion.

If Silva to this day was undefeated I would chalk this quote up as something only GOATS can truly understand.... Some wise proverbial meaning that holds the secret of life.

But because Silva got his ass handed to vs a scrub like weedman and never recovered, this shit just sounds dumb.

Sounds like Silva v chael on Bellator, coming soon.

Anderson Silva "completed" inside Chael Sonnen in the 2nd fight after Sonnen's weird backfist attempt.

Very true. Remember, the first Chael fight followed the Demian Maia debacle. At that point in time, Anderson was not the beloved and universally respected figure he would become. People we legitimately asking that he, the reigning champion, be cut because of the performance. Dana was even promising to somehow make it up to the fans for such a disaster. This seems ridiculous in retrospect. Most of Silva's fights were finishes to that point. However, it's true that he was not a fan favorite/draw at this point in time.

Chael changed all of that. Their feud was legendary. Anderson's comeback win was magical. Chael provided Silva the perfect foil. Chael gave him his villain. Following their first fight, Silva blew up in popularity. The subsequent Vitor kick then accelerated his popularity even more so and the eventual Sonnen rematch was humongous.

Chael did his job perfectly. He helped make the best fighter in the world into the draw he should have been all along. Likewise, the feud gave Chael, to that point an unheralded wrestler with a grinding style, the chance to shine and make a career for himself as well. No two fighters have ever been as mutually beneficial to one another as Silva and Sonnen were.
Great post

Cheaters completing each other, cute.

didn't know silva swung that way but explains all the kissing of his opponents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back