Anderson Retirement & Fights Never Made

Topsy Kretts

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
This topic isn't new, but as time goes on we'll see more and more fights show up on lists as fights the world wanted but didn't get. Fights like Randy vs Fedor, when once were so possible yet so far away seemed like prompters would be crazy not to just "make it happen".

With Anderson Silva possibly retiring when his UFC contract is up. Even though we can imagine Dana will throw heaps of money at him to try and convince him to stick around. Which fights do you feel were the most requested and could likely have become an incredible fight but never were made?

Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones
Anderson Silva vs GSP (few years ago, prior to Jon Jones & the GSP injury)
Randy vs Fedor (Likely the most wished for fight of all time ~ or simply Fedor in the UFC. I'd still like to see Randy vs Fedor personally heh.)
Dana vs Tito (boxing)
Joe Rogan vs Wesley Snipes (I would have paid to see it)

Not the *most requested* but I really want to see:

Koscheck vs Fitch, two guys persistently in the top 5-10 WWs in the world. Understandably refusing to fight because of their friendship. I wonder if poor Fitch would be more inclined to fight Koscheck?
Penn vs Gomi 2, Penn won the first fight by rear-naked choke. Gomi then goes on a KO spree, was really hoping for a second fight taking place in the UFC.
Anderson Silva vs Belcher, I think out of all the UFC MW, Belcher has the best shot against Silva. Bisping, Weidman, Lombard, Munoz I don't feel would do as well. This is definitely based upon just gut feeling, Silva is a beast and can make the best in the world look bad.

Do you think Anderson will extend his UFC contract and continue fighting?
What's your personal, I wish they made this fight?

Silva vs Frank Trigg, would have been a war!

Fedor vs Brockles has to be the biggest ever missed opportunity, apart from maybe Sak/Rickson in 2001

----

I think he will. Why wouldn't he, doesn't look like his skills are diminished. Having said that, (without being ambushed), his opponents have seemingly diminished. Okami, Sonnen, Bonnar. I mean, come on. :icon_lol: Not his fault but the UFC has to try a little harder.

----

Any half-decent black fighter.

We've seen him against strikers, bjj juys, wrestlers, let's see him against a black fighter.

A white fighter has and would be critiqued for the same ommission. Hell, Pac was for a while.

So... (let's get going here) lol

----

I think he will. Why wouldn't he, doesn't look like his skills are diminished. Having said that, (without being ambushed), his opponents have seemingly diminished. Okami, Sonnen, Bonnar. I mean, come on. :icon_lol: Not his fault but the UFC has to try a little harder.

----

We've seen him against strikers, bjj juys, wrestlers, let's see him against a black fighter.

A white fighter has and would be critiqued for the same ommission. Hell, Pac was for a while.

What kind of fighter is a black fighter? Is this a new style that I am unaware of? Black fighters arent BJJ guys, wrestlers, or strikers?

In all seriousness, I know what you mean. It would be cool to see him fight an explosive fighter like Rashad, of course a JJ fight would be amazing.

Thanks for link, but honestly Silva isn't likely going for another 10 fights. He's clearly just trying to get the best terms he can, seeing what the UFC is willing to give him. I foresee him fighting another two or three years. Anything beyond that will likely be easier fights against more aged Veterans. Like bringing a 60 year old Randy out of retirement to fight a 48 year old Silva. ;)

Thanks for link, but honestly Silva isn't likely going for another 10 fights. He's clearly just trying to get the best terms he can, seeing what the UFC is willing to give him. I foresee him fighting another two or three years. Anything beyond that will likely be easier fights against more aged Veterans. Like bringing a 60 year old Randy out of retirement to fight a 48 year old Silva. ;)

Perhaps, but at least we know he most likely not retiring after his current contract expires.

----

----

im in! anderson VS. some black guy! make it happen dana!

I would have liked to have seen Anderson V Prime Chuck or Overeem at 205 -- Unfortunately their progressions didn't synch up.

This topic isn't new, but as time goes on we'll see more and more fights show up on lists as fights the world wanted but didn't get. Fights like Randy vs Fedor, when once were so possible yet so far away seemed like prompters would be crazy not to just "make it happen".

With Anderson Silva possibly retiring when his UFC contract is up. Even though we can imagine Dana will throw heaps of money at him to try and convince him to stick around. Which fights do you feel were the most requested and could likely have become an incredible fight but never were made?

I think he will get a new contract once this is up, there was a post not too long ago about his supposedly wanting a new 10 fight deal...I didn't look incredibly hard into whether it being true or not.

Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones
Anderson Silva vs GSP (few years ago, prior to Jon Jones & the GSP injury)
Randy vs Fedor (Likely the most wished for fight of all time ~ or simply Fedor in the UFC. I'd still like to see Randy vs Fedor personally heh.)
Dana vs Tito (boxing)
Joe Rogan vs Wesley Snipes (I would have paid to see it)

Not the *most requested* but I really want to see:

Koscheck vs Fitch, two guys persistently in the top 5-10 WWs in the world. Understandably refusing to fight because of their friendship. I wonder if poor Fitch would be more inclined to fight Koscheck?
Penn vs Gomi 2, Penn won the first fight by rear-naked choke. Gomi then goes on a KO spree, was really hoping for a second fight taking place in the UFC.
Anderson Silva vs Belcher, I think out of all the UFC MW, Belcher has the best shot against Silva. Bisping, Weidman, Lombard, Munoz I don't feel would do as well. This is definitely based upon just gut feeling, Silva is a beast and can make the best in the world look bad.

fedor vs randy is sucha joke. fedor would beat randy 10 out of 10 . not even a fight

as stated by others, Silva will extend his contract

Anderson vs Rashad
Cro Cop vs Arlovski
Cro Cop vs Liddell
Penn vs Bendo
Alves vs Daley

Just a few that come to mind.

Edit: Fedor vs Wand in PRIDE.

Last edited:
Back