Anderson, PLEASE RETIRE!

He's 13+ years past his prime, it's time to retire.

Anderson is my most favourite fighter.... Dana needs to have that talk with him!

So many memories. Please retire now. Nobody wants to see him take anymore punishment.

They need to enforce a 45 year old age limit
George Foreman, Archie Moore, Bernard Hopkins, Randy Couture....It is not just an arbitrary number you can make a cap. It will be case by case.

Honestly, if he was not fighting a top ten guy, and it was a 3 round fight, he would have been fine. Hell, I am not sure how the first two rounds were scored, but if it was a 3 round fight he may have won that fight against a top 10 guy, or at least lost a close decision.

giphy.gif

...the way anderson walked into those punches

But he gets shaken so quickly now, hall didn't tag him that hard..

I've always thought that what separated the greats from the merely good isn't so much the ability to dish out punishment but also the ability to take it. When guys like that get old and their chins go it's time to stop. Same thing happened to Chuck Liddell and Fedor but they don't know when to quit.

He still have it in him.. dont forget he won the first 2 rounds in my eyes

Against an opponent trying his best not to hurt him. And still got finished. No, this needs to be it. It won't but it needs to be.

Felt like Uriah was just going easy on him.

Anderson is what, 1-7-1 in his last 9? Arguably 0-8-1. It's a sad way to go out for such a legend.

Weidman took AS's soul, he wasn't the same afterwards by a long shot. And now he's been finished in his last two which indicates an even further decline.

I hope he fights on. Would love to see him KO'd a few more times.

He should but won’t. He’s like BJ Penn, doesn’t know what to do with himself if he isn’t fighting.

As a fan I'm sadly not watching him to win, Im hoping he doesn't get hurt or just survives

Weidman took AS's soul, he wasn't the same afterwards by a long shot. And now he's been finished in his last two which indicates an even further decline.
Some of us noticed a decline after the 2nd Chael fights .....so he was declining before that

Back