Anderson not happy with Machida & Jacare (audio)

Probably going to be Silva-Weidman 3 this year anyways so won't be an issue in immediate future.

Defends Jones, is disappointed with Machida.

Classy Silva...........

unbelievable!!!

the guy has great english.... been trolling us for years lol

His english was always fine... when you cant be ass and be messing around during the fight and cant be bothered talking.. then it goes to Ed

He didn't have a problem embarrassing Thales Leites, Demian Maia and Vitor Belfort.

I don't think it's a nationalistic thing, but rather just a friendship thing. Of course, the difference between him and the others is that he doesn't have anything to prove. He's already broken more records in the UFC than anyone else can come close to, and he's on the verge of retirement. Machida and Jacare still have a lot of fight left.

He is only friends with Brazilians who could beat him.

Is Branormal....

He can't have it both ways. He wants the title, but will "talk" to his friends so that they won't fight him. They want the title too. Is normal.

I love Silva but I dont agree with him. You cant keep guys in your shadow. They have dreams of being champ as well. Either stay out of their way or fight them.

This is very petty coming from Silva.

He knows EXACTLY what the score is, and what the situation is.

These 2 have had to sit back for years. Machada could have been champion of 185 for his entire career. There was a long period of time where Jacare could have come into the UFC and been champion too.

They had enough respect to never get in Silva's way.

Well it's their time now, and they've certainly earned it. Time of Silva to get out of their way, and you would think he would have enough common sense to realize this.

IF he doesn't want to do that? He can always fight them.

I accept it when close teammates that have trained together forever don't want to fight each other. That's totally fine in my book. Not surprising for someone to be offended if their friend one day comes out and says theyll fight you. I don't get why people don't see this side.

but saying you don't want to fight any brazillians period is simple stupidity.

Lyoto didn't sacrifice anything. He was the LHW champ.

And Anderson fought Weidman 2x, was never offered the Jones fight. He stepped in on short notice to fight Bonnar and save a PPV at the UFC's request. And the Forrest fight was his "punishment" for the humiliation he laid out against Maia.

I'm guessing you're new to the sport.

love the way there is nothing Anderson you cannot and will not spin. You are the truest meaning of the word 'fan'.

I remember when you and others were arguing every argument against Anderson fighting Weidman the first time. Anderson deserved the time off. The holiday. Weidman should fight someone else first or risk having some jump over him for a shot. Then when Weidman decided to have surgery and suddenly Anderson decided he would take a fight and people were calling him on that you and others were saying 'what...you want the GOAT to sit out. Of course he should get a fight right away if he wants to fight'.

It was comical and great how Weidman basically trapped Anderson by saying he needed no rehab time and if Anderson wanted the quick fight, then he would take it and the UFC also trapped Anderson by saying they would make it. And then I remember you and others saying that Weidman should still be forced to take a warm up fight because when Anderson beat him he would get no credit due to Chris being on a long layoff and coming off surgery.

it was the best attempt to bob and weave and avoid Weidman possible and all the while claiming it was no such thing. lol. As I said you are a true fanatic.

Anderson should go and knock out Lyoto to teach him some respect. 40 year oid Silva or not, he still finds that chin.

I love Anderson, but for him to expect Jacare and Machida to step back now is unreasonable. Not to mention the possible title shot after the Diaz fight is fishy as well.

I agree with Anderson. For them to have trained for so long together and then come back later saying they would fight him is kinda disrespectful.

Back