Anderson not happy with Machida & Jacare (audio)

Has it ever been a thing to not fight countrymen? Where does Silva get this? Brazilian fighters are constantly fighting each other. When they start fighting, they are fighting regional shows against other Brazilians. I know he has a closer connection with Jacare and Machida, but Silva has always not felt right about fighting Brazilians. He felt betrayed by Belfort, pulled his BS on Maia, and spared hurting Thales Leites.

It's easy for Anderson to say this because he get's title shots and is filthy rich. Lyoto and Jacare want to be filthy rich and they won't ever be if they refuse to fight each other or Anderson.

It's simple, they have to support their family the best way they can and if that means upsetting a good friend to do so then sorry friend, family comes first. Anderson should understand that.

They both know they are better then him along with 1/2 the strikeforce MW division UFC wouldn't bring in to keep his farce alive. Andy beat 2 good people in the UFC, not great just good and one was a brawler & 1 a wrestler who brawls. It was sickening to watch that garbage for as long as it lasted

I understand and respect where Silva is coming from, but at the end of the day, he needs to put himself in Machida's and Jacare's shoes. Both guys want to be MW champs. Anderson has been a champ for a long time at 185. Both Machida and Jacare have not. For argument's sake- let's say Silva becomes champ again, you cannot expect guys like Machida and Jacare decline a fight with the MW champ Silva.

Silva has made the big bucks, and has been a champ a very long time. Machida and Jacare have not tasted that at 185. Imagine if Rockhold beats Machida, and says he "will not fight Weidman because he is American" (LOL). I see nothing wrong with fighting countrymen. Anderson fought Maia, Leites, and Belfort. I just do not see the problem with that since this is a sport at the end of the day.

It's easy to say it when you have already been the ufc champ for years and knocked the fuck out of Belfort and humiliated Thales Leites and Demian Maia. Hypocrite.

They both know they are better then him along with 1/2 the strikeforce MW division UFC wouldn't bring in to keep his farce alive. Andy beat 2 good people in the UFC, not great just good and one was a brawler & 1 a wrestler who brawls. It was sickening to watch that garbage for as long as it lasted

Don't be a fool. Rockhold, Jacare, etc weren't better than Silva in his prime. They are getting better now. See what happen to Luke against Belfort who was Knocked out cold by silva in a minute

Fuck, I want to see Lyoto Vs Anderson now. My two favorites of all time, and I've never, ever wanted them to fight, but I don't care anymore.

But anyways, Anderson needs to stop bitching about fighting his boys. If he ends up winning the belt again would he really not expect Jacare or Lyoto to not want a crack at the belt?

Nothing new Anderson is just trying to duck top contenders.

I don't want to fight Brazilian guys so give me Nick Diaz or Michael bisping for a title shot.

Don't be a fool. Rockhold, Jacare, etc weren't better than Silva in his prime. They are getting better now. See what happen to Luke against Belfort who was Knocked out cold by silva in a minute

Lmfao people saying they are better than Silva in his prime. How easily they forget who the spider is.

These two are gonna fuck around and be looking at Anderson wearing a 'two faced' mask like he did VS. victor. It's common sense, you shouldn't WANT to fight your training partner. I don't know why everyone is crying about Anderson saying this.

But anyways, Anderson needs to stop bitching about fighting his boys. If he ends up winning the belt again would he really not expect Jacare or Lyoto to not want a crack at the belt?
Fighting your friend/team mate for the title must be weird. You want to win the title yes but on other hand you would have to hurt your friend for it.

Lol yeah its kinda funny hearing it now. Anderson has said he doesnt want to fight them, and they say "yeah i'll fight Anderson" loool i can see how he does not like that, both as a past training partner and as a friend.

to sum his feelings, Is normal.

current champs should take notice, the best strategy to stay a champ once you are champ is make friends with all of the upcoming contenders by having them train with you, then guilt them into not fighting you because you are buds

He's said in the past many times post Weidman that he doesn't want to fight for the belt

Back