Anderson is still my GOAT

I suggest you take YOUR GOAT to graze on far away pharmaceutically enhanced grass thank you

Anderson Silva gets an unfair shake, he gets such a mitigation on his legacy from the Weidman loss x2 and so on.

In reality, Silva was already well into his 37th year living on this planet when he suffered the first Weidman loss. A loss that was arguably caused due to showboating and hubris as well. At age 37+ he suffered his second loss to Weidman with the broken leg too. Then we are talking a bunch of fights where he was age 39-43 and clearly past his prime. He also has never fought weak competition either, from Cormier to Adesanya.

I do think the competition he faced was a bit weak, but you can say that about anyone in hindsight if you want and you can only fight who they put in front of you. He has some very impressive wins and also LHW wins, could have won the LHW belt if the timelines matched up (Griffin had the belt recently to his fight with Silva), or perhaps could have in general.

I think Silva is the 3rd best all-time. Only behind GSP and Jones. If we knew Silva took PEDs only after his leg broke, and that Jones has taken PEDs since his early run...then maybe we can slide him up to 2nd all-time, but the recent pile up of losses looks bad. It's BJ Penn esque, although against elite competition and at an old age.
Fought well past what is supposed to be most fighter's peak both in terms of age and mileage

Anderson was still beating elite fighters easily well past his prime imo

He's #1 for me but I hespect your hopinion

I suggest you take YOUR GOAT to graze on far away pharmaceutically enhanced grass thank you
Leben (PEDs)
Shael (PEDs x2)
Hendo (TRT)
Vitior (TRT and PEDs)
Nate Marquardt (PEDs)

All defeated opponents of Anderson
And those are just the ones that got caught
Stop living in a fantasy

Leben (PEDs)
Shael (PEDs x2)
Hendo (TRT)
Vitior (TRT and PEDs)
Nate Marquardt (PEDs)

Stop living in a fantasy
Bonnar (PEDs) and Irvin (PEDs) as well

Silva has the record for fighting the most juiced fighters in history

Leben (PEDs)
Shael (PEDs x2)
Hendo (TRT)
Vitior (TRT and PEDs)
Nate Marquardt (PEDs)

Stop living in a fantasy

Anderson doesnt get as much blame for juicing as Jones does. But its because of juice that Anderson went on the run he went on at the age he did it at.

You don't go from being a submission dummy for Japanase cans in Japan in your 30s to a 20 fight win streak and 10 title defense UFC championship run in your mid to late 30s without "help"

I forgive Anderson for juicing because like you said he fought other juicers but I don't forgive him for his run of boring ass, unimpressive fights when he fought Maia , Cote and Leites. That shit was hard to watch and contradicts your "Anderson doesn't play" angle.

Those fights were sad considering Anderson was on steroids and in his "prime"

Anderson doesnt get as much blame for juicing as Jones does. But its because of juice that Anderson went on the run he went on at the age he did it at.

You don't go from being a submission dummy for Japanase cans in Japan in your 30s to a 20 fight win streak and 10 title defense UFC championship run in your mid to late 30s without "help"

I forgive Anderson for juicing because like you said he fought other juicers but I don't forgive him for his run of boring ass, unimpressive fights when he fought Maia , Cote and Leites. That shit was hard to watch and contradicts your "Anderson doesn't play" angle.

Those fights were sad considering Anderson was on steroids and in his "prime"
You're wrong but it's ok coz you don't trane

Silva is THE GOAT. I miss his fights so damn much the sport isn't the same. There will never be another Anderson!

Anderson Silva is the GOAT, hands down.

Anderson Silva gets an unfair shake, he gets such a mitigation on his legacy from the Weidman loss x2 and so on.

In reality, Silva was already well into his 37th year living on this planet when he suffered the first Weidman loss. A loss that was arguably caused due to showboating and hubris as well. At age 37+ he suffered his second loss to Weidman with the broken leg too. Then we are talking a bunch of fights where he was age 39-43 and clearly past his prime. He also has never fought weak competition either, from Cormier to Adesanya.

I do think the competition he faced was a bit weak, but you can say that about anyone in hindsight if you want and you can only fight who they put in front of you. He has some very impressive wins and also LHW wins, could have won the LHW belt if the timelines matched up (Griffin had the belt recently to his fight with Silva), or perhaps could have in general.

I think Silva is the 3rd best all-time. Only behind GSP and Jones. If we knew Silva took PEDs only after his leg broke, and that Jones has taken PEDs since his early run...then maybe we can slide him up to 2nd all-time, but the recent pile up of losses looks bad. It's BJ Penn esque, although against elite competition and at an old age.

Man, the reason Anderson's record doesn't look like Jones' record is because after what Anderson did to Leben and Franklin you needed some serious balls to get in the ring with Anderson, after Anderson lost the belt the MW division got deep as heck. He even beat the absolute crap out of the former LHW champ in forrest griffin and had him run out crying from the octagon. It's a shame Anderson didn't command the audience like someone like McGregor or hell even Jones, because no one would've cared if he fought for the LHW title and he more than likely would have won it too. Anderson is the UFC GOAT for sure, Fedor is GOAT outside the UFC, GSP is up there with them but GSP never took risks, he had the perfect style to beat Anderson but he never wanted to fight Anderson.

If you never experienced a Anderson fight LIVE in his prime I feel bad for you

Nothing like it

c4b64cdb2c0acb7f0fde1a5fe1652eae.gif

Anderson plays too much.

Leben (PEDs)
Shael (PEDs x2)
Hendo (TRT)
Vitior (TRT and PEDs)
Nate Marquardt (PEDs)

Stop living in a fantasy
What does that prove? AndeROID Silva has a better pharmaceutical in his corner!

Being a better cheat still makes you a cheat.!

Learn that instead of earning more yellow cards for being AndROIDs obsessed lover

Andy never got a gifted decision.

Jones has 3 (2 were close and the reyes one was a robbery)
GSP has 1 robbery
Fedor has 1 close one
If the "close" one you're referring to is the Fabio fight then I'd have to respectfully disagree as that was just as close as any of Jones or GSP's controversial decisions.

Back