Anderson is mocked for his title reign, but Rousey is the GOAT???

BJPenn.png

GOAT

Ronda will never be considered on that level.

Men's MMA isn't Women's MMA. Different sports.

Nobody compares Serena Williams with Roger Federer and nobody should.

Know whats weird? Never heard of this Federer guy but known about Serena since i was like 9 years old.

Is that how casuals are with Ronda???

He meant Jon Jones. I heard he's looking to add beating the shit out of women to his already stellar character reputation.

He will just wait for her to get in a car, then blast her with his suv.

Know whats weird? Never heard of this Federer guy but known about Serena since i was like 9 years old.

Is that how casuals are with Ronda???

I hope you just are trying to make some kind of a point, but never heard of Federer..? That is kind of far fetched even in a theoretical systemet.
If you really mean it I dont have any words to answer with.

She is WGOAT. You can't compare the two.

And GSP is GOAT.

If ronda beats caraway then she is goat

Lol, JJ is smaller and has very limited grappling. Lacks the power to hurt Ronda. I love Joanna Champion and she's a monster but get real.

You're so butthurt dude, what's it like?

Wow dude, you're as stupid as the people who say Ronda couldn't beat men. No, you're even worse actually.

As usual no one can face the truth without resorting to one extreme or the other. Anderson supporters can't seem to take ANY criticism of him or his level of opposition while the more populous morons spout shit that even Chael couldn't and keep a straight face.

I'll try. Anderson turned into one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time in his later years i.e. UFC run. He was the best striker in the heavier weight classes and arguably the best period BUT he was a below average wrestler and his submission ability is constantly overstated because he subbed Chael & Hendo, the latter after stunning him with strikes and anyone who thinks submitting Chael is the sign of great BJJ needs a history lesson. Yes his BJJ was very good and obvously much better than his PRIDE days (see Takese, Daiju & Chonan, Ryo) The MW division during Anderson's run was very weak compared to the current one BUT miles ahead of the current women's BW collection.

See how that works. There are truths on both sides. Gray areas.

Anderson is mocked now?

Where?

All I see is people sh*tting on him for getting busted.

But I don't see many mocking him for his record.

I wish we could have more threads about GOAT and P4P. This is a forum where probably 1/3rd of the people can't comprehend facts and people want to argue subjective opinions with them on things like GOAT and P4P?

Well..enjoy I guess

Ronda has huge holes in her striking game and will never be tested to truly know. Silva had huge holes in his wrestling game and when tested lost badly. Then got popped for PEDS so kind of a moot point. Both were dominant fighters but don't belong in GOAT discussions, especially when people can't even understand cross-gender P4P. But that at least can be reasonable done since it is based on personal skill, not opponents. It would be silly to try to have a cross-gender GOAT criteria due to the lack of competition to validate it. GOAT is a combination of skill and opponents. And i am now logging off this thread for the reasons I listed already!

Last edited:
Anderson's title reign was celebrated continuously with labels of GOAT.

I don't think anyone thinks Ronda is the goat lol

Silva had huge holes in his wrestling game and when tested lost badly.

Well, except against Dan Henderson, Chael Sonnen, and Yushin Okami. But let's just ignore those fights, it's more fun to live in fantasyland.

It seems more and more commonplace on here for imbeciles to unfairly malign the calibre of opposition defeated by Anderson Silva in his UFC title reign.

But then there also seems to be a groundswell of opinion that Ronda is now a GOAT contender because of her UFC reign?

For me, this makes no sense whatsoever.

Anderson beat Dan Henderson, Vitor Belfort, Chael Sonnen twice, Rich Franklin twice, and Yushin Okami - all in title fights, all finishes.

But his run was a joke whereas Ronda's is solid gold, even though the best fighters she has beaten are Miesha Tate, and Cat Zingano (who had only had 2 uber-competitive UFC fights before her title shot)?

Please. Ronda has a long way to go before she can be fairly considered on the Anderson/Fedor/GSP/Aldo/Jones level yet.

Is this message for your Wife?

Back