Anderson has top 5 wins in 3 different weight classes

Good post. I agree.

Edit: except for the first part of your post.

Anderson had three tough opponents.

Vitor
Hendo
Weidman

He has two good wins and lost twice to Chris.

Rest of his record is padded.

You forget Franklin arguably beat Hendo when they fought, the fight was a razor thin split SD. Silva beat most of the top fighters in his division at the time, you can do this historical hindsight discrediting all you want, but it just makes you look like a tool.

Say what u want about Anderson he simply is the best we have seen to date well him and Fador. In no way can anyone discredit what Anderson has done. He fought anyone put in front of him something Jones and gap can't say. He took more fights per year than gsp and jones. Simply conducted him self as a champ something most champs in mma do not do. Hate on Anderson say he had a padded record that just shows your ignorance the man beat sakarbi when he was unknown do you not reluze how amazing that was to this day I take sakurabi on the ground above anyone we have ever seen in mma. The man killed franklin when he was thought unstopible simply for 7 years Anderson was kriptonite. Weather haters like it or not 100 years from now Anderson will be cemented still in mma history wile no one will even know who a Jones is or was and gsp will be known as that great but boring champ that used to hump his way to a victory. But Anderson will be known at the champ that punched peoes heads off for 7 years

There will always be the blind haters saying he's overrated & the unrealistic huggers saying he's untouchable..

I will say this, & it's sad to say, but if Anderson was a white American, doing the things he did in the octagon, he would be the God of MMA.. Say what you want but it's true.

Silva is #1 on my GOAT list, but I understand the claims of others... And that's how it should be. When you ask 10 educated boxing/football/baseball/etc fans for a GOAT, there should be some different answers...

That's how sports work...

So, GSP is the GOAT and has top 5 wins in... oh wait. Nevermind.

There will always be the blind haters saying he's overrated & the unrealistic huggers saying he's untouchable..

I will say this, & it's sad to say, but if Anderson was a white American, doing the things he did in the octagon, he would be the God of MMA.. Say what you want but it's true.

Silva is #1 on my GOAT list, but I understand the claims of others... And that's how it should be. When you ask 10 educated boxing/football/baseball/etc fans for a GOAT, there should be some different answers...

That's how sports work...

The top three GOATs are Silva, GSP, and Fedor. None of which are American.

I highly doubt Anderson is 210-215 lbs at fight night. At the most he is probably 200-205 lbs. He cuts water from around 195-200, it's highly doubtful that he gets up to 210-215 lbs in one day, especially since a lot of the weight he loses from 220 is from dieting which is not the type of weight he'll put back on after weighing in.

His fights at LHW you can definitely tell he's not as lean. I think Hendo looks more in-shape than Anderson at LHW.

I was talking about his fights at 205 not 185.

Hey Claude I'm curious, do you find Silva exciting and entertaining as a fighter. There's a Silva/Maia every now and again, but overall do you like Anderson?

Most people in the real world would consider me a Silva fan.

Whenever i watch his fights with my friends i'm always praising him and talking about how good he is. I know nobody will believe me, but i like Anderson, and i certainly like watching him fight.

This is the only place in the world where i am considered a hater, and that's not because i disrespect Silva, but because i don't tolerate blind fanboys going around spreading their silliness.

You have no sources, just a bunch of crap. My source says Silva weighed a max of 220 in between fights not 230, and he was likely to start the actual cut at an even lower weight than that. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...in-and-the-ufcs-biggest-weight-cutters/page/3

Show me your source to back up your claim that he was 230 starting Griffin training camp, because bleacher report must have got it wrong then... or maybe you are pulling that number out of your ass.

Serra won TUF then landed an unlikely punch on GSP and that was his 15 minutes of fame. Griffin didn't get an instant TS after winning TUF like Serra, he worked his way up, Shogun among others on the way and then narrowly beating Rampage over 5 rounds... not to mention solid wins Franklin and Ortiz, given they were not in prime form. Comparing Griffin to Serra just makes YOU look like a fool.

Sure, here:

"I apologize," Silva said. "I worked hard in training to go four or five rounds. I dropped from 230 pounds to 205 and then to 185. I worked my butt off. I had a long camp preparing for the fight. I owe you guys in the media, the fans and everyone an apology. I was prepared, but it's unfortunate what happened."

source

This is one of the main points I use in goat discussions. Anderson(peace be upon him) has beaten:
-#1 Sakurai at 168lbs when he was an unknown novice(a truly remarkable win that is sadly forgotten in the man's legacy)
-obviously a ton of top 5 wins at mw
-#4 lhw Griffin in an unforgettable blitz.

Who can name another fighter who has ever done this? We can discuss the relevance and compare it to Anderson's(pbuh) wins who are all top notch.

Dan Henderson for starters

This is one of the main points I use in goat discussions. Anderson(peace be upon him) has beaten:
-#1 Sakurai at 168lbs when he was an unknown novice(a truly remarkable win that is sadly forgotten in the man's legacy)
-obviously a ton of top 5 wins at mw
-#4 lhw Griffin in an unforgettable blitz.

Who can name another fighter who has ever done this? We can discuss the relevance and compare it to Anderson's(pbuh) wins who are all top notch.

Anthony Johnson has wins in 4 weight classes. I think he has everyone beat in that department.

It's impressive. His best win was Hnedrson who was coming off a loss, that's pretty bad.
A decision loss to the champion at LHW who just KOed Chuck. He's the only guy to finish Dan at MW.
And the difference is, Anderson won his TUF 'The Comeback' bout.
Shots fired
Good post. I agree.

Edit: except for the first part of your post.

Anderson had three tough opponents.

Vitor
Hendo
Weidman

He has two good wins and lost twice to Chris.

Rest of his record is padded.
What about Sonnen, Okami, and Franklin? They're not GOATs but they're decent fighters, especially when they fought Silva.
straight up. Andersons > Jones
For the moment and the near future IMO. They're current title runs are close but Anderson had already beat Sakurai and Newton before he came to the UFC.

Doesn't matter. He was still coming off a loss, guys shouldn't be getting title shots without any wins.

You forget Franklin arguably beat Hendo when they fought, the fight was a razor thin split SD. Silva beat most of the top fighters in his division at the time, you can do this historical hindsight discrediting all you want, but it just makes you look like a tool.

Franklin won one round by the widest margin but Henderon clearly won the other 2 rounds.

It was a clear cut 29-28.

Hendo did little in the 2 rounds that he won but Franklin did even less. You don't win a round by getting outstruck on the feet, getting hurt by a big punch before getting taken down most of the round, and then landing 2 body kicks at the end of the round after finally getting back up with little time left on the clock.

A decision loss to the champion at LHW who just KOed Chuck. He's the only guy to finish Dan at MW.

Shots fired

What about Sonnen, Okami, and Franklin? They're not GOATs but they're decent fighters, especially when they fought Silva.

For the moment and the near future IMO. They're current title runs are close but Anderson had already beat Sakurai and Newton before he came to the UFC.

That was a nice flying knee that Anderson took Newton out with even the stand up that allowed him to do it was BS. Anderson was getting subbed by the likes of Chonan and Takase back then so that stand up might have saved him. Nevertheless it is a legit win.

That was a nice flying knee that Anderson took Newton out with even the stand up that allowed him to do it was BS. Anderson was getting subbed by the likes of Chonan and Takase back then so that stand up might have saved him. Nevertheless it is a legit win.

Hey, Lutter might've been able to sub him and if Chael had just survived a few more minutes MMA history would be completely different but that's not how it went. Silva has a tendency to let himself get in some precarious positions and it worked out much better for him in the UFC than in PRIDE.

I'm not saying Anderson wasn't a good fighter. I'm saying he wasn't the GOAT. That's why people are so butthurt.

He never was the GOAT. Fought average and subpar fighters for title defenses. Has two impressive wins. Vitor and Hendo.

He got finished by low tier no name fighters multiple times. Got beat up for 4 and a half rounds by Chael Sonnen.

He is a great fighter, but definelty not the GOAT.

People forget about Silva's WW career entirely. The only time it's useful to people is posting gifs of his early loses. Bitter posters.

Back