Anderson has top 5 wins in 3 different weight classes

If the 170ers could have moved up and won they would've, but they couldn't. Unfortunately.
Part of the reason Anderson was taking those fights was the fact that his division was weak as hell. But again, there have been multiple top 5 MWs during GSP's reign that he would have been favored to beat. Munoz was top 5 until recently FFS.

Machida said he walked around 205-210, and he was champ. Silva being in a good fighting shape at 210 means he had the size to compete at LHW at the time. And let's not forget that arguably the 3 best performances of his career happened at LHW.

The man had everything to compete there and test himself against the best. He just wanted no part of it.

Fair enough. I agree it would have been awesome to see him move up permanently, and although he could have for whatever reason he didn't.

Still, there are a myriad of guys who walk at 200 who fight at WW and even some who fight at LW, who have never even dabbled with moving up.

Honestly, at the time I don't think so because of inactivity.

I think Sakurai was his best win.

Good point. I could agree to that. I think method of victory also factors into what is the best win. Front kicking Vitor is unreal.

All your other points are still retarded and that's why you have no rebuttal for them, see my boxing analogy. You use a weigh in pic when both fighters are cutting to 205 on that day, how about using a pic after they hydrate if you want to be honest? Even then you can see Griffin is taller and more muscled at 205, where Silva is packing considerably more fat and still looks smaller at the weight ins.

All depends how you want to define giving up "great" size, using a Silvia/Fedor pic doesn't mean that Forrest wasn't a much bigger man than Silva come fight night. Also showing a pic of 2 of the smallers 205ers in the division doesn't disprove that point either, even then Shogun is still a bigger man than AS.

8085189770_b28ee367c0_z_display_image.jpg

ufc101-6.jpg

OMG! Black Roy Nelson...

/silliness

Part of the reason Anderson was taking those fights was the fact that his division was weak as hell. But again, there have been multiple top 5 MWs during GSP's reign that he would have been favored to beat. Munoz was top 5 until recently FFS.

This is true - I am not giving GSP the credit he earned. It would have been fun to see him give it a go at MW... maybe we still will.

The only point I was trying to make with that is I do think that part of the reason his division was weak was that no one wanted to fight Anderson. If fighters saw opportunity there I think we would have seen more making the move to the division.

Anderson has top 5 wins in 3 different weight classes. No one can dispute this, no matter all the slandering and nitpicking.

Good point. I could agree to that. I think method of victory also factors into what is the best win. Front kicking Vitor is unreal.

As you know I'm far from an Anderson fan and a big Vitor fan, but when he landed that shit I was jumping up and down. My dog was looking at me like WTF.

Forrest was definitely an elite light heavyweight at that time. Whether he was not a stylistic gift match-up is an entirely different story though lol.

Elites are time proven. Forrest was a one-hit wonder.

Also, Silva and Machida both weighing 210 makes them ideal Middleweights. A guy like Forrest would cut to 205 from like 230 if not more.

Forrest wasn't your average LHW, he was the biggest at the time. Machida/Silva were perfectly fine there. 3 of Silva's fights proved so.

Yeah. No one can dispute that. Forrest is a real big dude.

My word he is, so is Bonnar for that matter. Not that they were the best LHWs around but great effort for Anderson to beat them, must have been giving away 20-30 pounds in those fights.

Unfortunately GSP didn't get to fight in a division where the competition were former math teachers and real estate agents.

What does a fighters past job have to do with their skills as a fighter? Seriously, GSP fans are fucking sad.

Oh and to the Fedor fans; Anderson has more top 10 wins than your hero.

Also, to say that Griffin is a 'easy match-up' for the middleweight champion speaks volumes about the 205 division as Shogun, Rampage, or Rashad couldn't starch Griffin the way Anderson did.

At least Anderson could finish his best opponents, unlike GSP (and Fedor)

And last but not least, at least Anderson went up in weight several times during his career... unlike GSP, who would rather move down to LW.

This is one of the main points I use in goat discussions. Anderson(peace be upon him) has beaten:
-#1 Sakurai at 168lbs when he was an unknown novice(a truly remarkable win that is sadly forgotten in the man's legacy)
-obviously a ton of top 5 wins at mw
-#4 lhw Griffin in an unforgettable blitz.

Who can name another fighter who has ever done this? We can discuss the relevance and compare it to Anderson's(pbuh) wins who are all top notch.

Igor
Sakurai
Hendo

P.S.
Anderson was young, but not "unknown" when he beat Sakurai, he was already Ranked Top 10 by then.

Last edited:
BTW, KarateKickbox, Machida's 16 fight win streak was unbelievably padded. 2 top fighters in that entire streak. He should've lost to Sam Greco, too.

Machida is finally looking for some consistent success after his 3rd drop in weight :)

In a division where Lutter was a top tier talent, it doesn't really matter how many top MW wins he achieved.

Lutter was never top tier, he won a title shot, as did serra. So I guess both Anderson and GSP accomplished nothing by your logic. Oh and Chael got a title shot against Jones, so I guess his wins are pointless as well.

How do you have 200 posts since June 2014??

Oh so if Fedor had beaten top 5 opponents at LHW, MW, WW, LW, BW etc., it would've made him more GOAT?

lol

Sakurai is his greatest win. The man we saw in the UFC was a shell of his former self. Pride Anderson would wreck Weidman.

Back