Anderson has top 5 wins in 3 different weight classes

I hate GOAT discussion threads. It's completely impossible to determine.

For example go back far enough and I guarantee to guys in a bar argued about if Jack Dempsey was the greatest boxer of all time or if Rocky Marciano was.

That's about how much sense these fucking discussions make.
PS Anderson Silva is my all time favorite athlete/fighter.

Lol Anderson looked like a giant fighting Sakurai.....

In a division where Lutter was a top tier talent, it doesn't really matter how many top MW wins he achieved.

Lutter was never a top tier talent, he got a title shot (which he missed weight for, so he couldn't fight for the title) for winning TUF, like Serra did.

Forrest, even as "champ", was never really a top five 205er. He should have lost to Rampage. Terrible decision.
One good win ~ a severely injured Shogun that FG was losing until a lucky victory.

I'm not getting unto the rest of this discussion but you are wrong. Forrest was winning the fight before the finish.

Forrest, even as "champ", was never really a top five 205er. He should have lost to Rampage. Terrible decision.
One good win ~ a severely injured Shogun that FG was losing until a lucky victory.

Maybe if you're Cecil Peoples(Low kicks don't count!). Also, the fight was very close, so it can't be a real robbery imo.

Lol Anderson looked like a giant fighting Sakurai.....

He looked like a twig at 170 lol.

Never a top 5'er? Beating the universally ranked no.1 LHW and then the champ doesn't make you top 5?

Griffin was winning the Shogun fight and Rampage was a close fight, no terrible decision.

If anything, refusing to move up (cut less) in order to make 205 and fight elite competition cost him a few points in GOAT discussions.

There's no discussion. Anderson is the best that ever did it. Any "discussion" beyond that is just babbling nonsense.

Watch the first half of Shogun vs. FG again. Shogun was dominating that fight. He only gassed because he could hardly train with the injuries. Newbs

Biggest Anderson fan on Sherdog, but, do we *really* need this stupid thread again?

It's just going to create more needless shit posts.

Like this one. Wait. What?

There's no discussion. Anderson is the best that ever did it. Any "discussion" beyond that is just babbling nonsense.

HA. GSP has way better wins on his resume. If anything it shouldn't be up for discussion the other way. Or Fedor. Jones better resume too

This is one of the main points I use in goat discussions. Anderson(peace be upon him) has beaten:
-#1 Sakurai at 168lbs when he was an unknown novice(a truly remarkable win that is sadly forgotten in the man's legacy)
-obviously a ton of top 5 wins at mw
-#4 lhw Griffin in an unforgettable blitz.

Who can name another fighter who has ever done this? We can discuss the relevance and compare it to Anderson's(pbuh) wins who are all top notch.

The biggest black mark against Anderson is that he didn't fight Dominic Cruz at 135. That was THE FIGHT that I wanted to see.

The other black mark against Anderson is his significant strikes total. He's supposed to be some great striker, but he has nowhere near the number of significant strikes that Michael Bisping has.

In a division where Lutter was a top tier talent, it doesn't really matter how many top MW wins he achieved.
In all fairness, Lutter only got a title shot for winning TUF4.

I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson didn't actually have that many top 5 wins at MW though...

Biggest Anderson fan on Sherdog, but, do we *really* need this stupid thread again?

It's just going to create more needless shit posts.

Like this one. Wait. What?

Are you saying that you do not like seeing a 19 year old girl troll with no intention of hiding her intention?

#1 Sakurai at 168lbs when he was an unknown novice(a truly remarkable win that is sadly forgotten in the man's legacy)
Have you actually seen that fight? It was pretty close. Hell if Shooto was judged like PRIDE was then I'd give it to Mach.

He got bigger, so it's irrelevant. It's not like he moved up and faced adversity. He was actually the bigger man in most of his fights. Even at 205, he was never greatly outsized, and he fought some of the biggest LHW's at the time. Plus he never fought elite competition there.

Let big Nog tell you:

If anything, refusing to move up (cut less) in order to make 205 and fight elite competition cost him a few points in GOAT discussions.

Since you're putting all this emphasis on size, whats you input on Jones?

He got bigger, so it's irrelevant. It's not like he moved up and faced adversity. He was actually the bigger man in most of his fights. Even at 205, he was never greatly outsized, and he fought some of the biggest LHW's at the time. Plus he never fought elite competition there.

Let big Nog tell you:

Uh he always had the same frame, regardless if he filled out more.

Forrest Griffin is MUCH bigger than Anderson, how could you say Andy was never greatly outsized at 205? Yeah Forrest Griffin was the LHW CHAMP just 1 fight before he fought Anderson and was still considered top4 when Andy made him look stupid.

Andy was always chubby at 205 and to argue he should have permanently moved up to 205 like it was his natural weight class, when he started his career at WW is retarded - he is a medium sized MW by today's standards. I guess Rivera should have moved up to 205 also right?

By your logic, Manny Pac and RJJ should not be considered great for being multi-divisional champs in boxing because so what, "they got bigger" later in their careers. You ALWAYS have the same frame, that's why people with common sense give credit to fighters who have been elite in multiple divisions. These are simple facts, you come across like an ignorant hater...

Back